Cook a steak

>cook a steak
>oil gets everywhere

is there a cure to the eternal splatter?

Salt it heavily

I made a steak today, no oil. Just coated it in butter.

A splatter screen, but they're a bitch to clean.

I skipped the steak and just ate some butter.

OP here
Yeah I have one these, but it covers only like half the splash and I feel like the steak should get some air and let the smoke out

are you using a tiny ass circle that doesn't have any holes in it? wtf is wrong with you

/g/ pls

no faggot i am using exactly like the pic related, im saying that it might block the air a bit

pat your steaks dry before frying. the splatter comes from water/liquid anyways.

Not even joking. Put this fucker right on the stove and plop your shit in it

less oil

Either wear an apron or learn to do the laundry you fucking wee lass.

how is shitting in a flower pot on your stove supposed to prevent oil splashing

JUST DO IT NOW

I tried using splatter screens for a while. Wasn't happening. The worst part of the splatter is from the sear, and I much prefer high heat sear and it goes fast (maybe 15 seconds before time to flip). If I'm doing all the sides of the meat, that's a lot of flipping and possible pan movement to adjust heat and the splatter guard just gets in the way. After the sear it's lower pan temp or straight into the oven, and splatter isn't much of an issue. I'm just resigned to cleaning more after instead of another piece of cumbersome equipment.

The splatter is water droplets popping and throwing oil at you. Get rid of the moisture from your food abs it will stop.

Unless you're dealing with seeds, in that case get the splatter screen

Aluminum foil.

You could cook it on the grill, you know.

It doesn't matter, the steak is gonna have water inside.

Cure? No. But if you don't have some faddish autism you can use one of these on your patio and let the dog lick up the spatters.

Use a dry pan (no oil) if your steak has any fat, and use a larger pan.

Just use less oil??? How much do you need? its steak
salt pepper and like a quarter size of oil

good idea. Ill fire up the charcoal

Grill the steak instead of in a pan. And use a wood fire, you might think propane sanctifies your meat but if you're gonna grill you gotta go all the way.

splatter screan isn't for steaks. its for simmering when you don't have a fucking lid

Fry in a stock pot. The higher sides may not provide the same amount of air flow as a pan but it certainly solves the spatter problem. I can fry up to 7 eggs at a time using my ss stock pot and no oil gets on the stove top, and I don't notice any difference in the end product compared to frying in a pan. However, it does make flipping a little difficult, need to bend the spatula handle if you need to manipulate your food in this chimney. Also a previous solution was to use a grease trap filter from a range hood on top of a pan. Not to contain spatter so much, as to contain the oil as it aerosols out of the pan to prevent it from dispersing throughout my apartment (which has no range hood or exhaust or even window in the kitchen). Now, I have arrived at an even simpler solution: steaming instead of frying.