Give me some ideas for a villain who does not fulfill the lord Voldemort, lord sauron, lord vader archetype

Give me some ideas for a villain who does not fulfill the lord Voldemort, lord sauron, lord vader archetype

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickster
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How about you read some books first?

If you literally can't think of a single villain/antagonist besides those you must have read less than 10 books in your entire life.

well it is frustrating since she is just plagiarizing these dark lords that were only necessary due to WW2 and hitler. so what type of villain is relevant for millennials? ready player one has their villain be computer software. That is clever.

God in my diary

Just some guy with realistic ideas and projects that could be defined as "evil" by the hero because they go against his interests

Heathcliff
Iago
Count Dracula
Dimitri Ravenoff
Judge Holden

What the other anons are trying to tell you is you probably need to read a wider variety of shit - even outside your intended "genre".

Hillary Clinton

Anakin Skywalker

>The fun ends here...spread the word.

Hercule is a maniac.

reddit has truly taken over

>ready player one has their villain be computer software. That is clever.
No it fucking isn't. Go read books that aren't cheap shitty fantasy and sci fi for a year or two and if you're not retarded you might realize how imbecilic your questions and "problems" are.

You couldn't find a worse image to represent Comedian if you tried. He also isn't a villain in the comic, and wouldn't work as a character if you took him out of the context. You'd just get a Joker or Hannibal, who are the most lazily written villain type ever, instead.

You don't write a villain. You write a hero. And then you write a hero to oppose it. The reader naturally takes sides. They always do. Fucking retards.

Well the best villain is simply an antagonist, a full fledged character that simply has motivations in opposition to the protagonist. Gus Fring and Zuko come to mind since you've primed me to think about tv.

As for stock characters I guess there's only three types really
The Dominator (Vader, Voldermort, Sauron, Darkseid)
The Devourer (Skynet, Hannibal Lecter, Xenomorph)
The Trickster (Iago, Joker)

>villain
Even John Green left this shit behind. Your antagonistic force can be certain circumstances "having cancer, being stuck in Trumpland, having medical bills for cancer in Trumpland" or simply someone with an opposing goal to the protagonist "guy B who wants the same girl".

Roll with Napoleon.

>left this shit behind

And so it has become the new cliche. In complicated and partisan times like this, we need a naive personification of our antagonists more than ever

ready player one is absolute trash, I can't believe you read that, wow user... for starters... READ BETTER BOOKS

>Guys look I hate reddit too, do I fit in yet!? D:

ulysses

not my fault your a pleb, sucks for you guy

>Even John Green

"Ironically", John Green is one of the major villains of our time

>lack of villain is a cliche
What's next, having characters?

If you're hellbound on some contemporary shit, write a bored rich clown who mobilizes a violent mob of poor idiots on one side with the power of nostalgia, a power hungry corrupt granny who panders to everybody else with the promise to stop the rich clown on the other.

>Implying Voldemort and Sauron are remotely the same.

>reads fantasy
>hasn't read a single fantasy book with an antihero lead

In detail they might be different but in practice they fulfill the same evil overlord role with simplistic motivation.

Make the villain a guy who wants to be a cool villian but is really just a pathetic loser.

>Zuko

I thought John Travolta was supposed to be the hero in Grease

A person of high intelligence who is fed up with the status quo and feels the need to change it. But they are also reckless so the hero can win and put things back to normal. Life is fucking relentless

>high intelligence
>reckless when pursuing main goal
Doubtful.

A guy who got cucked by MCs mother in the past and raised his daughter to cuck MC.

>Make the villain a guy who wants to be a cool villian but is really just a pathetic loser.

My diary desu

A guy who was helped out of a bad situation by a handout from a wealthy stranger so after making his fortune he gives handouts to random bums all the time.
The story follows him feeling so great about himself but then covers the bums using the money to kill themselves accidentally.

The final bum actually used the money to go on a killing spree and ends up killing the man-his final thoughts are "i didn't know GOOD Karma was a bitch."

>lord Voldemort, lord sauron, lord vader archetype

Those characters are nothing alike, besides that they command a bunch of people.

Vader isn't even the same archetype as Sauron and Voldemort

Can only work if he still manages to be a threat despite of it. Say, his failed plans do actually more damage than they would if they would succeed.

Even if a villain could be found, the better question is could Harry have avoided being in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously, each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Wow, chomping down on bait like a champ, even though it's full of hooks. I respect that.

Where did you pull this out of your ass?

I'm pretty sure this is a Sunhawk re-edit.

>Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series
No, that was a good decision. I would have liked Gilliam to have been in the directors chair too, except that he's infamous for being a bit unconcerned about actor comfort and welfare, and I think that very likely would have been too much for 8 films for a lot of them.

A SJW type villiain who believes in xir heart xe is right but is actually evil. Imagine a world where like half of the population have magic powers, and the leftist SJW wants to genocide them because xe thinks their powers oppress the weak, powerless muggles. Soon it's become 'politically incorrect' to be a wizard, and anyone doing magic is accused of being a 'privileged bigot'. But our hero has had enough. He joins forces with a crack team of highly trained Army and Marine Wizard Corps veterans, together they shall bring down the PC Police(that's what the villians are called) once and for all. If you want you can take my story and use it. ain't gonna sue you No problem. I'm not that much of a writer, but I think this story deserves to be told.

The main character has just opened a seafood restaurant, but a man living down the block from it is violently allergic to shellfish and tries to get it closed at every turn because he can smell lobster constantly now.

Villain is campy and implies a saturday morning cartoon archetype, but there's an antagonist for you.

The trickster is not a villain type, it's a very much larger archetype the encompasses both "good" and "bad" characters: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickster

Read up my dude. The trickster is more often than not a "culture hero" or at least a catalystic force in a story, starting the action off. I like to think of the Trickster as the referee of the story.

underrated

Bingo!

moot

a shitposter on /pol/ who keeps bullying jimmy and Katie on club penguin

Not really

Not sure where you're pulling the first half from given that I believe Spielberg turned down the job when offeres.

Your bloom memes are on point, though.

Make the consequences of the hero's actions his own villain. He has to deal with the aftershocks of what he did earlier on in the work

I was thinking more something like someone whose plans are spurred on by things like insecurities. A man is insecure about his manhood so he beats up the local cripple.
That's not a great example but you get the gist. Soemone who's sad and pathetic despite being a threat.