ITT: Worst misrepresentations on a menu

ITT: Worst misrepresentations on a menu.

I know a lot of people here work or worked at a restaurant, so it's confession time.

I used to work at a Persian restaurant that claimed their "bread" was "made fresh daily." It was actually just store-bought tortillas. Pic related.

ive never worked in a restaurant but i'm desperate to hear these confessions

I'm in the same boat.
This could be a great thread, OP.
What kind of place was it? Really fancy or more grounded?

It was fairly fancy. Their lowest-priced plate was $15, and it was not worth ordering. It was really common for bills to run over $100.00, regardless of how many people were in the party. Mind you, this was over 10 years ago.

Something else I'll say is this place had a toilet near the kitchen. The toilet was separated from the kitchen by a mere curtain.

I mostly made this thread so someone who works in a Mexican restaurant can attest to the fact that their beans are canned. I swear I can taste when the beans are canned, and it's almost every Mexican restauarnt I've been to.

Just today I had the opportunity to eat spicy chicken tenders while a coworker got regular ones. Mine were straight from a goddamn microwave.

Burger King likes to claim its patties are "flame broiled," but it actually just means "flame broiled 6 hours ago." All patties pass through a conveyer belt that does flame broil them, but then the patties are stuffed in a plastic container until they're put on your bun.

>Im a sous chef in an Italian restaurant and I fucking hate it and want to die

Ama

Don't call your brother your coworker, dearie.

Tell us some shit. Confess.

Some of your sauces must be refrigerated.

>Mexican restaurants use canned beans

Nope. I worked in one as a dishwasher when I was in highschool in complete flyoverville, and one of my jobs when it was slow was to sort through dry beans looking for rocks. Think spic restaurants in non flyoverland are going to use canned? You're more stupid than the shitskin you think you're ridiculing.

I'm hispanic and not ridiculing anyone except the restaurants that use canned beans, which are numerous. You might be too overly sensitive to participate in this thread.

Our garlic knots chill get pre fried and chill on a shelf all day. When its time to serve them we just warm them in the oil.
Kinda shitty if u ask me

Of course the sauces are refrigerated. You mean grenade bullshit. Not in the place I work. Not who you were responding to just another cook.

Pre made b.s. *

We live in a society that doesn't have patience for made to order

We make the tamato based sauces 24 hours in advance, to control the acidity. Shit like Alfredo is made to order

That's fine, so long as the prices reflect that fact. You can't charge made-to-order prices when it's canned and microwaved.

Alfredo is too easy and fast,to not do to order, wise man.
Some cook

Entres are made to order but the house made ponzu and yaki for our Asian dumpling and such are prepped ahead of,time

Some cook*

Spinach wraps are ordered in as is the naan bread