“When adults say, "Teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces...

“When adults say, "Teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.”

>tfw YA is 2deep4me

kek literally trying too hard. baka. that's why you don't philosophize in your writing unless you're actual smart and well-read. cringe tier.

Am I being trolled?

>We need never be
What is it about this part that's so pompous sounding? Is there a name for it?

verbose?

Not verbose but just...archaic syntax? I don't know. It's grammatically correct but it just sounds outdated. Like saying "Fear me not" or something

that's the literal definition of verbose

Presumptuous.

It claims to speak for all teenagers.

I know it has never spoken for me; I was always gripped by a terrible fear of death.

From childhood I was exposed to violence, and regularly feared that my father would kill me and my mother.

This sensation of the vulnerability of my life dogged me through young adulthood, and has never left me.

Archaic syntax is fine.

Only people who complain about it are faggots who can't into gravitas.

Does John Green actually believe this shit

No, it's not. Verbosity is numerically-based. There's no way to say "fear me not" in fewer than three words.

It's not verbose, it's outdated, archaic. Not a bad thing, but it can come off as weird, and since whatever the fuck OP posted is shit to begin with, the outdated syntax sticks out.

Somebody hasn't been keeping up with the teen suicide rates. Stupidity is not a virtue.

Green is an adult who should know better. Its shit like this that makes me believe he is a master ruse-man creating a public persona and writing style custom crafted to snare pissy teenagers who actually believe this garbage, that they are immortal snowflakes.

Pretentious, pedantic, precious. And those are just the ones starting with P.

What is this garbage. Why is it feeding the teenage messiah complex? I wish the author had cancer.

Teenagers are gay.

He believes it sells books.

Jefuf thif, there'f no fenfe of tradition, fadly

Yea and verily.

Gay young adult bullshit for middle schoolers. Fuck you OP.

And gets him access to all that high school pussy.

Shit picture