Post the author you hate the most, i start

post the author you hate the most, i start

i hate Bukowski and everyone who considers him a genius

Joyce and Pynchon. DFW is below my contempt.

Kerouac

the Beats are garbage, except for Burroughs

agreed with bukowski.

and Nabokov too tbqh. loved Speak, Memory, but disliked the rest of his work. I recognize his genius but he abused his gifts

William Gaddis - what an autistic know it all faggot

same XD JK Rowling ftw!

>if it aint meme its rowling

I see your cancer growing

VOLLMAN
O
L
L
M
A
N

if you hate Joyce you're obviousy a fucking retard, this discussion is over for me

It's gobbledygook heralded by ivory tower assholes. Finnegan's Wake is total shit.

Tbqh, I didn't like Gravity's Rainbow much.

franzen and tao

what the fuck did you just say

I absolutely loathe insert name of your favourite writer. What a complete fucking hack.

Every time somebdoy claims this I can't help but smile but it means that a) they haven't read Joyce and parroting the usual trite critiscm of people who haven't read him or never understood the meaning of his work 2) are legit dumb

Finnegan's Wake is an autistic puzzle created by a madmen slave to his own genius, true. But Ulysses and his earlier works are beautiful pieces of humane literature, the polar opposite of "pretentious"

I like Joyce, but we can agree that style can be annoying to some people wait i just realized you're mem'ing

James Patterson.

You can have your qualms with Stephen King, but at least he writes his own stuff.

Hey fuck you buddy

Recognitions is dank

Nabokov

Terrible in every way, yet almost universally praised

plebeian detected

I've only read "A Portrait" and I quite liked it. I'm hesitant to move onto Ulysess or FW because of all the controversy though. How did you bypass this?

I shit on bukowski and those that like him regularly, but have repeatedly gone back to him when I get really drunk and get pretty into his verse after like 8 or 9 drinks.

Does this make me a pleb in the deepest parts of me soul

I don't know, probably someone really pseudy like Alan Watts.

Here's a list of the 100 authors I hate most

There's some overlaps for the ones I really hate

Did you like his prose?

>This ̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ board

Read with an open mind and don't set expectations. That's my personal rule. Don't read FW unless you have understood the rest of his work, have a deep knowledge of european culture, multiple languages, geographical knoweldge of Ireland. It really is an intricate autistic puzzle not many people have the patience or knowledge to decipher it. So don't be discouraged if you fail.
Ulysses reads easier than you think. Once you get in the flow of the words and thoughts it seems as natural as your own thoughts imo. Once again some knoweldge of aforementioned subjects is recomended to grasp the deeper allusions but not a necessity to enjoy it

Bukowski is alright, but his fans are intolerable, they read a few lines of his work then post it on favebook, trying to identify them self with pseudo romantansim of trying to tell people it's OK to be self destructive at the expense of putting people down for not living a self destructive life. Also why do woman love to read Bukowski so much?

yes and no. sometimes it's breathtaking sometimes it's infuriating. I admire his talent, I don't admire the way he used it.

just hypocrite

Pretty spot on analysis of Buk. I've read most of his stuff years ago but for a guy who wrote hundreds of poems there are a few gems in there.

cunt

>"[Whitman] thinks he is a big man because he lives in a big country." - Carlyle

No literary merit whatsoever, his prose is trash (muh minimalism because I'm too retarded to write prose which actually is art) , his characters are lifeless board cut outs, his dialogues are bland, he might be the only academically approved writer I just hate with passion.

This, especially Ginsberg. Can't stand Howl.

Fuck off william

Did you like Ada, user? It's his best work

Stop hamming it up, most of his even staunch critics can admit he had redeeming artistic qualities/talent

>"Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards."

Ginsberg, for being a disgusting fucking paedophile.

Shakespeare

Nabokov is such a little bitch, he thinks he's above critical thought because he can write pretty prose. He's probably also unironicly a pedo and wrote Lolita to throw people off lel
What a fag

I see you haven't taken the final redpill.

I liked Bukowski when I was younger, as I got older I started to hate him, especially after I started reading John Fante.

That said, I'm coming back around to appreciating Bukowski. He's not my favorite, but I like his work well enough. Pulp is still a great book.

Kerouac is great, Burroughs okay, Ginsberg is overrated but not bad.

He's a great poet but a degenerate human being. He only got away with the pedo shit because he's a Jew.

Genius? nah

But he's not terrible

Kerouac AND Burroughs are the only ones worth mentioning. I never liked Howl and anyone else is a literal who?

The girl that most passively yet devastatingly broke my heart loved Bukowski.

I can't think about him without feeling miserable.