Why do we bother using electrolysis for hydrogen manufacturing when we could just build a large magnifying glass and...

Why do we bother using electrolysis for hydrogen manufacturing when we could just build a large magnifying glass and boil water to get the hydrogen? Pic related

because boiling water doesn't make hydrogen you dumb fuck

steam contains hydrogen you fucking retard

Hydrogen bonded to oxygen. Water's covalent bonds don't disassociate at the energy water evaporates at.

because the heat from the magnifying glass would kill the hydrogen like when you use a magnifying glass on ants

Op that is one of the dumbest things I have read in a while. How can you be aware of the process they use to separate hydrogen yet not know that when water boils the steam being produced is just vaporized water? Secondly a magnifying glass is an extremely ineffective way to boil water. Have you never boiled water before???

This is very very wrong.

>Using dead hydrogen
Enjoy your shitty yields.

Why else would water rise as steam when heated?
The steam is the souls of the dead hydrogen rising to heaven

Yes hydrogen combusts, but it combusts into water molecules.
You are using a magnifying glass on water. That won't separate the hydrogen from the oxygen.

But you can still use it as a steam motor, and fuel efficiency of steam motors it's interesting.

OP here. How the fuck do the bubbles form then, there's no oxygen or hydrogen to make the air pockets form.
You can melt rocks with an old TV screen as the magnifying glass, I'm pretty sure one with a surface area 100x that would be incredibly effective.

I wasn't being serious user, I was joking about dead hydrogen. I'm not OP btw.

The bubbles get filled with hydrogen souls.

>tfw right now you are genociding countless oxygen molecules inside your mitochondria.
Oh the humanity!

>boil water to get the hydrogen
found the Chemistry F-student

Ow... ow!! The stupid, it hurts me.... Stop, please!

is this a /b/ thread?

Let's say that the bubbles are hydrogen gas.
Are you afraid now? You should be. Because since the gas is hydrogen gas, anytime you cook, your spinach or whatever combusts. The hydrogen reacts with the oxygen around it, and because of the heat source under your pot, there's an explosion. But hey, let's take it a step further. Since boiling water now breaks the bonds between the hydrogen and oxygen, it shouldn't be that much of a reach to say that heating diluted sodium chloride now releases chlorine gas. Fuck, anytime you try to make ramen, there's an explosive and poisonous gas leak happening at the same time right in front of you. We are doomed. Fuck.

I don't cook anything, I eat McDonald's every day. I'll leave that dangerous hobby to the professionals.

make sure not to fall for it

Can't argue with that. I just stick everything into the microwave and pray to everything good that it doesn't go boom.

Sodiumchloride will never form chlorine gas because it's made from ions. Also salts have no covalent bonds and are already "disconnected" when dilluted. Otherwise great post.

Using a magnifying glass will magnify the bonds in water rendering them longer and weaker. You can then separate the elements.

The bubbles are pockets of water vapor rising to the top, no? It's a gaseous pocket so it will rise? Fuck I don't even know anymore. Your stupid replies are giving me autism

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8. dont forget to medit8 and particip8 and masturb8 to allevi8 your ability to tabul8 the f8. We should meet up m8 and convers8 on how we can cre8 more gr8 b8, I'm sure everyone would appreci8, no h8. I don't mean to defl8 your hopes, but its hard to dict8 where the b8 will rel8 and we may end up with out being appreci8d, I'm sure you can rel8. We can cre8 b8 like alexander the gr8, stretch posts longer than the Nile's str8s. We'll be the captains of b8, Veeky Forums our first m8s the growth r8 will spread to reddit and like real est8 and be a flow r8 of gr8 b8, like a blind d8 we'll coll8, meet me upst8 where we can convers8, or ice sk8 or lose w8 infl8 our hot air baloons and fly, tail g8. We could land in Kuw8, eat a soup pl8 followed by a dessert pl8 the payment r8 won't be too ir8 and hopefully our currency won't defl8. We'll head to the Israeli-St8, taker over like Herod the gr8 and b8 the jewish masses, 8 million, m8. We could interrel8 communism, thought it's past it's maturity d8, a department of st8, volunteer st8. reduce the infant mortality r8, all in the name of making gr8 b8 m8.

The user knows his bondage

GB2/bed/ Bill Nye

This!

We don't use electrolysis for hydrogen manufacturing, we produce it by steam reforming methane.

The energy required for electrolysis is greater than that of your method for the same quantity of hydrogen I'm guessing

Yes.