Is eating your daily calories actually possible or I'm just poor...

is eating your daily calories actually possible or I'm just poor? I'm not saying I'm starving but I can't go higher than 900, it's fucking easy to get full on vegetables (really cheap where I live) and I can't afford fatty/high calorie foods that will make me reach my net of the day with low amount of food

Other urls found in this thread:

holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/auschwitzbasics.html
spectacle.org/695/food.html
hungariantidbits.com/hungarian-green-pea-stew-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cheap calorie dense food is common in USA and BRITAIN. so yes its easy to go over 2000 cal a day

The mcdonalds cheeseburger is like 450 calories for one dollar

Where do you live?

Beans and rice niggah.

Are you from like Mogadishu or something?

just eat rice nigga

Antarctica

Oh no wonder fresh veggies are so cheap for you

>900 calories
>not starving

How much do you weigh OP? 75 lbs??

You're starving if you eat this little, whether your gut tells you or not. Start buying rice, potatoes, beans and bread and cram it in.

Rice, stock and butter for a poor man's risotto should take care of your caloric needs.

If you have a little space left try to grow some vegetables or at last some herbs.
Others are beans, rie and some source of fat.

Not OP, but I'm 5'5" 132lbs and 900 calories would be only slightly under my sedentary deficit. It's not really that low if OP is similarly small and inactive.

>lentils and tinned tomatoes, make into dal
>beans and chilies, make into chili
>barley and vegetables, make into stew
>serve meals with simple flatbread (yeast and flour), potatoes, or rice

I'm poor as fuck but can easily manage around 2000/day for about $15-20 a week.

Pic related is dal I made last night. Looks like vomit, but it's tasty and has a good amount of calories.

1900 would be only slightly under you normal amount, 900 is full on spooky teritory, you got more in concentration camps. Literally.
holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/auschwitzbasics.html
>The midday meal consisted of one portion of soup measuring about three quarters of a litre, with a value of 350 –400 calories.
>The food value of supper came to about 900 – 1000 calories
spectacle.org/695/food.html
>1,300 calories for light-work prisoners to 1,700 calories for prisoners performing hard labor.

also
a roux with potatoes and beete and cabbage
peas

looks pretty good. what spices did you use?

Eat more food or you're going to get really sick.

Add more fat and oil if you want to increase the calories. Grains are good (just look at how many calories are in a cup of cooked rice) and bread too.

That actually looks pretty tasty.

If you can afford vegetables and at least a bit fat and flour roux is your friend for many stews

hungariantidbits.com/hungarian-green-pea-stew-recipe/

you can make this with many different vegetables or add them like potatos or beet and if you have a little spare money you can top it with fried eggs or cheap meat like fried sausage
if you don't have enough money make flatbread, you only need flour and water

Do you only eat iceberg lettuce?

Damper is a good bread to make too: SR flour, butter, water. I make a soup that I call "Nine (or however many) Vegetable Soup" which is:

Onion
Garlic
Mushroom
1 x tin tomatoes
1 x tin beans
and one each of whatever the cheapest veggies are. Usually a carrot, a potato, celery, and pumpkin. Add in pearl barley or pasta if you're feeling saucy - any carb will do. It's cheap, and the amount you make is only limited by how much water you put in.

>high carb diet

you realize that carbs just increase blood sugar, which raises insulin production, which stimulates fat cells to store fat? It's also the same reason that certain binge drinkers never seem to gain weight (even though their beer calories can exceed 2k a night) --> alcohol blocks insulin production.

The easiest way to lose weight is a high fat diet low in carbs and starches. Carbs should come almost exclusively from fruit and veggies.

Black pepper, cardamom, coriander, paprika, and cumin. Garlic and ginger as aromatics. My spice cabinet is pretty barren right now, so nothing extraordinary.

nice

another user posted this recipe a while ago

3 cups sauerkraut
1.5 cup sliced onion
1.5 cup sliced bell pepper
1.5 cup sliced apple
3 cloves minced garlic
3 pieces chopped bacon (sausages if you want it cheaper)
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
2 + cups chicken stock, or as needed
salt to taste
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp caraway seed
1 tsp smoked paprika

Heat pan to medium. Add chopped bacon and render fat. When bacon is cooked but still soft, add sliced onion, bell pepper, and apple, and cook until tender. Add kraut, seasoning, and wine, and cook until most of the alcohol smell has gone from wine. Cover with chicken stock (or water if out of stock), bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for an hour, check and season with salt as needed.

Goes great with taters', pork, or a hearty bread.
>do you eat it with potatoes?

If you want more protein with the meal, chop up a pork loin, salt and pepper it, and brown it in the bacon fat, set aside, then sweat your veggies, and add the pork back for the simmer with everything else.
If you want a bit of sweet to the soup, add about 1/2 cup of apple juice.
Goes well with rice, too.

it really depends where you are from because of the price of the individul food items
as an example europe has a lot of cheap kale, cabbage, potatos, beetes and so on whie sweet potatos are a bit more expensive
which continent are you from?

radish is also nice with roux
you can even add pickles

I often make something similar
looks decent