ITT: Laugh at normies trying to contemplate time travel

ITT: Laugh at normies trying to contemplate time travel.

Why do normies believe that killing yourself or your parents/grandparents/great-grandparents before they conceive in the past would somehow cause you to suddenly disintegrate. As if your entire being gives a fuck if some composition of matter related only by the loose definition of self is destroyed in the past.

Furthermore most of these 'paradoxes' are fucking retarded. Why do people think that cause and effect would carry backwards in time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(arrow_of_time)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Trying to understand normie logic.

I hate that fucking Doctor Who show and everyone who watches that drivel. I fucking hate "le nerd awesome xdd" hijacking of science by normies that started in 2007 with the Big Bang Theory.

I fucking hate all these normies that think they are smart because they watch "Le based science man xd!"

Doctor Who ain't as bad as the Big Bang Theory Kekin Christ cunt.

It's all the same pleb-tier pseudointellectual "nerds r cool xd" garbage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle

Why do people think timelines are even a thing. Time isn't a physical entity it's just the progression of entropy.

Just because the maths goes both ways doesn't mean physics can.

>Time isn't a physical entity it's just the progression of entropy.
You're like a century and a half late on your conception of entropy lad.

Also don't time crystals repeat patterns through time?

Yes but last time I checked all mater isn't made of time crystals.

Nigger you can't use entropy to define time. You're way too late on this battle.

Entropy is a useful word. It's used to mean many different things.

Also, 'mah wikipedia says so'.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(arrow_of_time)

>'mah wikipedia says so'
But is says precisely the opposite. You can't use the arrow of time to define entropy and then use entropy to define time. Which is the conclusion the physics community came to in the late XIXth century.

Time doesn't define entropy. Not sure where you got that from. It does however direct entropy (in a sense) and then entropy does define time.

>Not sure where you got that from.
Literally the first sentence of the fucking article you posted faggot.
>Entropy is the only quantity in the physical sciences (apart from certain rare interactions in particle physics; see below) that requires a particular direction for time

Personally I always subscribed to the whole ''other universe'' notion. So if you killed your grandparents you wouldn't disappear from existence, because in the universe you came from they didn't die. But without any proof whatsoever that this sort of time travel will ever be possible, it's all pure conjecture. Fun to think about though

>Calling people faggots on the internet
>Doesn't know how to google the definition of words

Let me do it for you since you're incapable.

define
verb
1. state or describe exactly the nature, scope, or meaning of.

2. mark out the boundary or limits of

Note how "(...) require(ing) a particular direction of time" doesn't in the slightest define entropy.

"requires" means "you need it" fyi

Anyway this is irrelevant, you are talking about defining the arrow of time, not time. Time still goes on in systems with no entropy change.

Also entropy can reverse, even in a close system. That doesn't suddenly reverse time.

Entropy in relation to the arrow of time really only defines time on macroscopic scales.

"Entropy, like temperature, is an abstract concept, yet, like temperature, everyone has an intuitive sense of the effects of entropy. Watching a movie, it is usually easy to determine whether it is being run forward or in reverse. When run in reverse, broken glasses spontaneously reassemble; smoke goes down a chimney; wood "unburns", cooling the environment; and ice "unmelts", warming the environment. No physical laws are broken in the reverse movie except the second law of thermodynamics, which reflects the time-asymmetry of entropy. An intuitive understanding of the irreversibility of certain physical phenomena (and subsequent creation of entropy) allows one to make this determination."

"By contrast, all physical processes occurring at the atomic level, such as mechanics, do not pick out an arrow of time. Going forward in time, an atom might move to the left, whereas going backward in time the same atom might move to the right; the behavior of the atom is not qualitatively different in either case. It would, however, be an astronomically improbable event if a macroscopic amount of gas that originally filled a container evenly spontaneously shrunk to occupy only half the container"

I don't understand why you copypaste random paragraphs.

>Entropy in relation to the arrow of time really only defines time on macroscopic scales.
So many wrong things here. First of all how could the relation between entropy and the arrow of time define time? I believe you still don't understand the difference between defining time and defining the arrow of time.

Second, macro or micro is irrelevant. Any closed system will reverse entropy given enough time.

The relation you're seeing between entropy and the arrow of time is a correlation, not a definition. Entropy increases most of the time, not all the time.

I hate people like you who start reeeing every time the main character of a show is a scientist because you feel like your culture is appropriated.

Nope, that's not it at all fucktard. I have no problem with realistic scientist characters. I have a problem with cartoonish le cool nerdy characters spreading pseudo-science for the idiotic normie masses.

Realistic scientists in movies:

Contagion - All characters: Dr. Erin Mears, Dr. Ellis Cheever, Dr. Leonora Orantes. They literally "save the world" from a pandemic and it's shown realistically, they are not nerdy, hipster, fedora-wearing atheists eating doritos nor superheroes with a cape and secret technology. Just hard-working people doing their jobs.

I Am Legend - The movie sucks and it's totally over the top, but Will Smith is believable as a researcher.

The Martian - Now that was a meme movie and some things about it I disliked, but again the character itself is believable and well-portrayed

"Le science nerds are cool! Bazinga!! Xddd" scientists:

The Big Bang Theory - I know it's a comedy but come the fuck on. These manchildren would never have achieved a PhD with their behaviour. Millenial fucks that never outgrew their childhood comics phase. Fuck this TV show. Fuck this TV show to Hell.

"Le nerdy computer genius xddd" from 007: Skyfall - Do we really need this stereotypical granola-eating scrawny nerdy millenial with a bowtie worming its way into 007? It's a fucking cartoon character. Am I supposed to believe that's MI6's top computer expert? His explanations also make no sense whatsoever.

That goth chick from NCIS - Stupid bitch belongs in Tumblr. Just look at her!
LOOK AT HER. DOES THAT MILLENIAL FREAK LOOK LIKE A PHD TO YOU?

I could go on all day but hopefully you get the point.