What's the Ghost in the Shell (1995) of literature? Not necessarily the Sci-Fi and android themes...

What's the Ghost in the Shell (1995) of literature? Not necessarily the Sci-Fi and android themes, but more like the philosophical and gnostic themes?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/arabic-islamic-mysticism/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Not the sci-fi, the philosophical themes

Read the origins of its philosophical themes

>gnostic
>gits
yo, what

>Ghost in the Shell
>Gnostic

Well they name-drop Flowers for Algernon in the series,
But this

Have you guys even watched the movie or am I that far off? I watched it several years ago, but I'm pretty sure gnosis is an omnipresent thematic in the original 1995 movie

Some people that hang out here aren't readers. They're just memers

That's Space Dandy, God damned.

Do you know what Gnosticism is? Because there isn't anything particularly Gnostic about GitS. Maybe you could draw some parallels if you really stretched it but at that point you are pretty much just inventing it. For reference I've seen the first three movies, the first two series, read and read the manga that the first movie was based on.

Ergo Proxy had obvious gnostic themes, not GitS.
Philosophical reflection on consciousness and the like isn't necessarily 'gnostic'.

Descartes?
If you're looking for the fundamental philosophical tenet of GITS, thats your go to.

I'm with the other anons, I dont really see the gnostic themes

Is Ero Proxy worth watching? When I was a lot younger and into anime I really wanted to, but I just lost interest after I stopped watching anime,

plato.stanford.edu/entries/arabic-islamic-mysticism/ For a good article that talks a lot about Gnosticism.

Damn, looks like I really got the terminology wrong then. Nontheless I would ask for some recommendations if I want to get into Gnosticism. Already noted Descartes.
I'm kinda happy so many people actually know of and saw Ghost in the Shell

Ergo Proxy would have made you lose interest in anime even sooner.
It's a culmination of all the obsession Japanese writers had with Gnosticism and Jewish magic/kabbalah and mired with all the usual cliches.

For what it's worth I liked it a lot.
Looks really in depth, thanks!

Maybe because The Matrix was actually very gnostic, while also heavily influenced by GitS, so you may have crossed them over if you've seen both.

Everything there is great. All articles are written by PhD's and it really shows.

Mysticism is haram, Ahmed.

Citing an English article written for an American university website makes me an Arab?

You actually don't see it or trying to be contrarian?

anything gnostic or mystic is personal experience of something who might be semiretarded.
a summation of every insight from mysticism: god is one. as if you couldnt have read plato for that.

only wahabis believe that

Allow me to break the ice.
What's gnosticism?

Well what do you think the the Gits's Gnostic connection is?

Allow me to copy/paste wikipeida:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Usually, on this board, gnosticism will refer to the early Christian cult, its followers called "gnostics" now days.

There wasn't anything like that in GitS, which is why everyone here is thoroughly baffled by OPs questions.