Which author is Charlie Kaufman's screenwriting comparable to?

Which author is Charlie Kaufman's screenwriting comparable to?

Vonnegut

Kafka tbqh

He's quite original so I don't think there's an absolute equivalent but H. Murakami, Borges and Beckett come to mind.

Reminder that Synecdoche, New Yorkis the greatest film of the 21st century thus far

There Will Be Blood is 2nd, I reckon

John Green

I can agree with Synecdoche being up there but There Will Be Blood doesn't belong there for me.

memeakami, vonnegut

Why not? I consider it to be cinema perfected in every aspect. Camerawork, editng, acting, soundtrack, pacing, plot, dialogue, art direction, it's all perfect.

I agree with the three of these

One of the more straightforward postmodernists. Probably Calvino

When I watch a movie I want to watch it because it has something I've never seen before on top of all the things you've just mentioned. I think it's a wonderfully made film and it does what it sets out to do in the highest order. I love the music in that movie so much btw. I liked the story as much as I could like it but it didn't surprise me although it did enthrall me the entire time I watched it. I liked The Master better though. It drew me in more and I liked the acting and the type of story it told better. My favorite film of the 2000s onward and my favorite film is Oasis (2002). Still Walking (2008) comes close though.

>Formalists

>>/out/

I enjoy art purely for its surface aesthetic qualities. If I want meaning I read a philosophy book

Cinema is a craft not an art.

like a modern jewish bastardization of Kafka and Gogol

uh huh

seconding this

Nigga it can be both

what does this mean

you spelled mulholland drive wrong

Haha.

techne

There will be blood isn't even the best PTA film, the master was better.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.