"Why do I have to learn Algebra if I never use this in real life?"

"Why do I have to learn Algebra if I never use this in real life?"

What do you say?

It helps you improve your problem solving skills, which is useful throughout your life.

Then why don't they just teach logic instead of algebra?

"Why do I have to learn Shakespare if I never use this in real life?"

YEAH I'LL HAVE A LARGE COKE WITH THAT

Why don't they teach you how to think instead of how to write book reports?

''Then don't. Learn whatever you wish to learn.''

It is an extension of logic, dipshit.

>i don't know what logic nor algebra is: the post

@8854304

>Idiot thinks there's only one type of logic

why dont they make algebra an app so people will actually use it?

"You do use algebra without often knowing it, it's mostly elementary algebra but you still use it dumb ass."

I say to that stupid piggot bitch:
>math is everywhere you putrid bitch, you failed wank
>when you have an apple and you get one more you have two apples, math works because this universe allows it
>which means that math is intrinsic to this universe as well as logic
>when you jump your trajectory through space is a parabola, that's why learning about quadratic equation and polynomials is useful
>when your first boyfriend will ejaculate on your face and fuck your ass so that you're still a virgin and I won't find out you're having sex that's when the laws of hydrodynamics will start to become clear
>when you suck that dick and ride it you will notice that the pen0r is elastic and bends like rubber, that's elasticity, you stupid ungrateful bitch
>you are a wank that went out of control
>get the fuck out of my room you PIGGOT
piggot = pig + faggot

Shut the fuck up and do your homework, susie

Woah, calm down bucko. Jesus christ.

How does knowledge of parabolas and quadratic equations help you jump you autist?

I work at a tutoring center and hear this every now and then. I either tell them that math expands your ability to think or I just sympathize with them. Generally the latter works fine as not everyone needs to know it. I'm not even offended and I spend 8 hours a day doing math.

"hahaha what a brainlet"

Use this

This "real life application" meme needs to end.

There is no quick list of facts that serves as a cheat-sheet for life. No one can tell you everything you'll ever need to know in your life. You learn a general skill set, then use that a base for everything else.

A youth club held a pancake breakfast to raise money for a trip. Tickets were $2 for children and $4.50 for adults. If 287 tickets were sold and the group took in $1089, how many children attended the breakfast and how many adults?

[math]
\left(\begin{array}{cc|c}
2 & 4.5 & 1089\\
1 & 1 & 287
\end{array}\right)
->
\left(\begin{array}{cc|c}
0 & 1 & 206\\
1 & 0 & 81
\end{array}\right)
[/math]
how'd i do

"Because no decent employer would ever hire an adult who doesn't understand algebra, you retarded piece of shit."

You're learning it now because some of the kids in your class will be using it and they need to learn it now so they can do more advanced stuff later.

>"Why do I have to learn Algebra if I never use this in real life?"
Why do I have to draw shitty pictures in art class when I never will draw a picture in my life again?
Why do I have to write essays about shitty books, when I will never even write such an essay again?
And so on.

Also being able to add, subtract and solve simple equations is a task you have to do daily.

You must be living in an academic bubble

>instead of
Black or white falacy. You definitely need to study both Algebra and logic.

Why do you watch Blue's Clues all day if you'll never solve mysteries based off hints left by your dog?

Y do lern talk good if no real?

The Jews

You don't. In a modern, peaceful society, knowing advanced maths is even detrimental to your survival. You will be called a geek/weirdo, and spend your life at your grandma's soviet flat.
Now suppose war breaks out, suddenly you are the only able person to calculate trajectories in a geodesic coordinate system, rail gun velocities and critical nuclear mass, while the peasants get send to the front to die.

The choise is yours.

Yea because you'll certainly get a high paying job at McDonald's or some other low skill job, right?

>you don't need algebra to work at mcdonalds

>Why do I have to learn Algebra if I never use this in real life?
You're the one who chooses not to use algebra in real life. I use it quite often, not necessarily for work either. Technically you could go your whole life without learning how to read, a lot of people have, but it sure makes it easier on us knowing how to read than not knowing.
You see, in general it's better to know things than to not know things.

Most people dont go "what is X?" when it comes to issues.

>>when you have an apple and you get one more you have two apples, math works because this universe allows it
>>which means that math is intrinsic to this universe as well as logic
Kek, brainlet

Math is not intrinsic to the universe, it's just a human made model to describe it.

And there can never be a perfect mathematical description of what "1 apple" is, because apples are unique, you will never find two apples that are the same, and because of that "1 apple" is something that doesn't make sense in the realm of math (unless "apple" is abstract)

>regurgitating what's on the textbook without explaining why or how it works with your own words
Some teachers should be in prison

If you didn't get anything out of algebra beyond "solve for x when I give you an equation," you should revisit the subject.

Define what it means to be useful in real life and then we'll talk.

>You're kidnapped by algebraists
>They are going to kill you unless you correctly answer their questions on groups and rings

Find an application for it in real life and win a nobel prize.

Nobody said I was talking about specific apples, I used the words as abstract tags that I attach to the objects. An apple can mean anything that is an apple. An apple is not a unique identifier, you inferior brainlet subhuman room-temperature faggot pig. Since when is "apple" a word that you use to refer to a single apple, a unique one? When you go to the fucking store you buy a kilogram / pound of APPLES. This implies, brainlet, that "apple" is a generic, abstract term. A high-level tag that we attach to objects that satisfy vague descriptions.

Go and jump into a manhole and stay there until I allow you to come outside, brainlet, pig.

It's funny to see a brainlet piggot try to come up with a counter-argument. You're a hilarious and filthy pig, you're a piggot.

This

because God hates you

I don't get it. Food Cashier is one of the major jobs you must know algebra to do.

>piggot
We all get what your pathetic portmanteau word is supposed to mean, retard.
Stop using it like it's relevant or cool, you're not shakespeare and you sound like an insufferable middle-schooler.

You're right. You don't. Home ec and typing classes, followed by one round of looking for a husband for you

I've imagined a world where women are treated equal to men. And I don't like it. I picture them as sweaty, hairy tomboys that spit and laugh at vulgar jokes. I will spoil my daughter if I'm ever to have one and make sure she doesn't want to be independent.

KEK
do it, I'll date her and continue the legacy