So why exactly is this book considered to be one of the great modern classics of American literature...

So why exactly is this book considered to be one of the great modern classics of American literature? I just finished it and it was a chore to read. It's just endless repetitive descriptions of death, violence, and bleak landscapes passed through a filter of awkward and archaic prose that people seem to love for some reason. Maybe I'm just a pleb.

are you being unironic?

yes

That poorly drawn cartoon might indicate otherwise

You probably just didn't enjoy it.

That's not a bad thing, but I'd take it as an indicator that I personally would not enjoy your company.

That's all publicly airing our preferences unsought like dirty laundry really does anyway.

> I'd take it as an indicator that I personally would not enjoy your company.

I'd feel the same way if someone told me they loved the book tbqh.

>awkward and archaic prose
heh
>Maybe I'm just a pleb
ding ding ding

Perfectly fine old chap.

Cormac pls.

The prose is quintessential McCarthy. Whenever I write my bullshit fiction it always just sounds like him and I have to put it in the trash. That's how much Blood Meridian has fucked me up. I love and hate it.

I like the book but damn the prose is shit tier.
>so poetic
nah, recycling of the same ole' images and metaphors
>b-b-but the prose
sparse punctuation only works if you have a sense of rhythm in your writing

>sparse punctuation only works if you have a sense of rhythm in your writing

That's what I thought until I read it and realised it didn't.

desu The Road was better

There is no way anyone can say that McCarthy doesn't have an unbelievable sense of rythm with a straight face.

this book sucked

I'll never understand people reading a book they hate.

The book was good. Not a masterpiece and not shitty. Just pretty good and enjoyable.

Okay bait, not bad not great.

I love that cartoon. It's quite droll.

I liked it on the whole, but I really found the ending to be a letdown.

It just means you're not redpilled