The Veeky Forums challenge might be reborn (provided this thread is spared from the mods' wrath, bastards)

The Veeky Forums challenge might be reborn (provided this thread is spared from the mods' wrath, bastards).

Suggest some themes for next month's challenge in this thread and I'll do what I do best (numbers) and hopefully on the first of May we'll have a working theme for the challenge.

RIP Borneo.

Who won the last round?

Ice

>provided this thread is spared from the mods' wrath, bastards
Nothing to do with the mods. Last "cooking with the challenged" cancer thread archived after about 20 posts and 5 or less posters. Anyways, pic related.

Who knows? It never moved on to the voting phase because the threads kept getting nuked.

Thinly veiled McChicken/Jack thread?

Are we even gonna have some voting for this month or nah?

Nah.

>archived
you mean 404'd

WTF happened? Is Borneo kill? Is the current comp closed to new entries?

a retarded mod (redundant) nuked a thread with like 150 entries, someone tried to revive it, but, needless to say, nobody wants to participate anymore since there's no point if it's just going to get nuked again

Ahhh... And the tendy threads stay up for weeks. Got it. Cool board Hiro. Guess I'll just go post dick pics of someone else's dick on /b/ or go call someone a nigger on /pol/ or post shitty pics of my Mosin on /k/ and debate the finer points of prepping. You know, produce original content that's topical.

why is the Veeky Forums mod the worst on 4chins?

THANK YOU BASED MODS

fuck you borneo

saged and hidden

Found the Australian. Now go make a tendy or cast iron thread. So exciting!

It was probably being deleted because it was a "get" thread, which is pretty dumb imo. Anyways, I vote the next round be one pan. Everything has to be cooked in one pan. And if mods keep deleting it when it's no longer a get thread, we should just change the name and keep doing it anyways.

Y'know what, let's get some votes on the entries that made it in this month.
While you're at it, suggest themes with your votes.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

>Theme
Iron Chef tournament style duke out
Someone gets elected chairman
Chairman picks secret ingredient for each battle (which all dishes in a given battle must use)
Chefs get two days to complete the dish
Culinary curveball (some novel piece of equipment) will be revealed 1 day (24 hours) into the challenge, and must be used in at least one dish
People vote to decide the winning dish
Winner moves on, Loser bracket if enough interest

I'm seconding "one pan" for the theme.

Borneo may have died but stay along for the ride numbaz be keeping it alive. Muh nigga.

The mods deleted the thread? Jesus.

It's because it was a roll thread.

Same thing happened something like 4 years ago back when Hearts was in charge and you could actually talk to Moot/mods about making a sticky or whatever.

That's all the entries.
Vote if you like, or not.
I'm not your mum, or am I? How would you ever know?

Ty for the good work.

Garlic.

Thank you for the thank (you).
The challenge threads are always fun.

Presentation: 3/5
Looks like some effort was put in but didn't pay off imo
Originality: 4/5
Appeal: 4/5
Challenge Goals: 5/5
Total: 16/20
Presentation: 2/5
Originality: 2/5
Appeal: 4/5
Total: 13/20
Appeal: 5/5
Total: 15/20
Presentation: 4/5
Originality: 3/5
Total:17 /20
Presentation: 2/5
Appeal: 3/5
I might have a learning disability, but I couldn't quite make out what this was. The picture of the burrito didn't help either. Was that it? Cause the other picture looks like meat in a bowl.
Presentation: 1/5
Appeal: 1/5
Total: 10/20
the low score has nothing to do with the fact it is vegan. It just doesn't look appealing to me at all.
Originality: 1/5
At least you participated.

continued
Sounds good, but the picture looks like shit.
Originality: 5/5
Sounds original to me, but I'm no "foodie".
Total: 18/20
Not much to say about my ratings here.
Appeal: 1/5
Total: 8/20
It's unclear to me what this is or what you rolled, but I assumed you used whatever it was.
Appeal: 2/5
Challenge Goals: 0/5
I get the joke, but I'm giving you a zero here anyways.
Total: 4/20
No timestamp so no vote.
Appeal: 2/5

I think this round had the most mediocre entries I've ever seen in these competitions. I want to keep it going anyways though.
Total: 9/20

Thanks for the votes, mind suggesting a theme for next month?

ingredients hunted or gathered in the wild

Kek. NO.

Hey !GingerqAdE, good on ya with the wild morels.
All I can find around here are random mushrooms after a rain, in my yard.
No poisonous ones so far, more's the pity.

I live in the mountains so I guess I'm pretty used to being able to gather stuff or hunt. Hard to wait for the wild strawberry and blackberry patches to bloom.

Does being able to hunt and gather all your local food make up for not having access to much from the outside, living in such an out of the way place?

Easiest
Entry
Ever

I suggest sandwiches (burgers included) for the next round.

I suggest sandwiches with unconventional fillings, could be interesting. My yakisoba sandwiches are a killer

Yeah, that would weed out the McChicken entries.

Definitely a sound contender.
Versatile in terms of ingredients and could range from poor and simple to over-equipped and pretentiously elaborate.

Unconventional sandwiches sounds pretty good.

Casseroles.
Flyover cuisine of the gods.

This. Flyovers have taken a pretty severe buttblasting the last few months. Let's try to extend a peace branch by including something they might be able to participate in. And it will be a true challenge to make one plated well and edible.

Take back that label Flyovers, wear it with pride!

Thanks for reminding me; I need to make some garlic confit.
Gotta use that shit up before it turns.

I admit I'm a flyover by geography and heritage, but not necessarily mentally.

The entries are here, vote if you want. Sadly, due to the disruption this round will basically be a blank space.
But feel free to suggest a theme for May.

I'm more of a fly-to and I resent the label.

DFW is a fly-to area, right?

bump

I actually made your recipe yesterday.
5/5 breddy gud.

I'm in for sandwiches.

This is a month long contest, and the "curveball" would limit the number of people who could competitively participate (some people don't have a foodmill or fleshlight), and the more the merrier.

>making an already failing idea more complicated and restrictive

One can only hope

Aww come on, be a pal.

i don't know, but i want to eat her asshole, no idea if she's a gross fatty still want to.

Lemonade made with Cinnamon Basil syrup.

Saved for posterity.
Also, entry 15.
Pic to follow.

Theme suggestion: berries.
They're starting to come up in stores cheap and they smell amazing this time of year. It would be a good springtime theme. Bonus points for not making dessert.

Nice. I like the idea of using a traditionally dessert ingredient ingredient in a non dessert dish.
I can dig it, but my opinion can't be included in the Final Reckoning.
>ethics, nigga, ethics

thanks papi

Seconded

How'd it taste?

Vote faggots. It's important.

I guess she got a temp. ban for opening a roll thread.
Theme should have been "roll on random.org or /b/", not "roll on here, a slow board"

That's what I'm thinking happened. It's why I'm adding suggestions to the vote format next month, so there's no scrambling for ideas at the last minute and the voters/contestants get a say.

It'd be nice if folks voted this round, but what I'm more focused on are suggestions for next month's challenge.
Post 'em you glorious wankers.

soup
sandwich
roll for a country's cuisine
picnic
vegan or vegetarian
legumes

that wasn't my timestamped pic and it looks like shit.
2/20
there, i voted. happy?

Better my little prince(ss)?.

No, that looks like shit too.
How fucking drunk was I??

You're talking to someone getting pissed on straight Taaka, so I don't really have a valid reference point.
It looks good to me, but the previous statement probably throws my opinion out the window.
Sorry mate.