What does it take to become a writer? What sacrifices need to be made?

What does it take to become a writer? What sacrifices need to be made?

What's her name?

Depends on what kind of writer you want to be.

Ishihara Satomi

Sook "Ghostface Killa" McGook

>What sacrifices need to be made?
Veeky Forums

The nature of sacrifice is irrelevant, only the willingness. It becomes apparent what one must do, and not do, when one genuinely applies oneself in some endeavor.

40 years of rejection and living on breadcrusts and tap water.
After that you either land a surprise hit or more likely hang yourself due to crippling depression.

Or you make a checklist of things that are popular with little girls and write a complete hack genre novel in which case the sacrifice is your dignity or something.

:(

>Or you make a checklist of things that are popular with little girls and write a complete hack genre novel in which case the sacrifice is your dignity or something.
I should try that sometime

DELET THIS

succeeding doesn't make you any happier, unless you're some stephen king faggot.

Holy...I want more...

This is how I was published. Over the course of 60 hours:
>Didn't leave my flat
>Didn't sleep
>Didn't eat
>Drank a bottle of wine, half a bottle of sherry and about 20 cups of coffee
>Dropped several tabs of LSD
>Also smoked some weed
This experience changed my life.

/thread

Fucking write faggots, you know the answer

I don't think that's appropriate in this context

It is all relative

But dedication and persistence is key, as well as anything else in life

90% of great writers were rich kids who never had to wageslave for a living, so your first step should be to acquire massive wealth.

Holy...I want more...

Persistence. dedication. Hard work. Imagination. The desire to create and see a project through to completion.

This may mean you miss important events. This may mean a grand downsizing to your time spent playing video games. This may mean isolation from friends and family to take that fire in your stomach to write a story and forge it into a hardened idea that can be molded and refined into something for the enjoyment and or betterment of others. Like run on sentences.

I gave up nine years of my free time while balancing a full time job, college, and a successful marriage to create something I felt was worthwhile.

The sacrifice is worth the reward if you're willing to make a commitment. Either you'll do the work or you wont. It's as simple as that.

Just saw Rogue One. It was boss.

I'm the gayest person in the entire world

I don't think I'll ever be able to write until I move out of my parents' basement. It's like I haven't paid life's toll.

inb4 spooks

>not writing while in your parents's basement
This is why you stay there. Pathetic.

My parents are well off and I have a nice car to myself and nice quarters and nice clothes and nice food. I've never had to suffer in life or really know people. I realize this way of life is slowly killing me but I've grown too comfortable and complacent.

It's like wearing golden handcuffs.

*rips a big, dirty cloud*
Fuck, man... Deep.

Holy...I want more...

Then stop being a fucking faggot and go out there and experience shit since it's obvious you're not creative enough to create a world entirely different, yet the same, from your own. It's not anyone's fault you're such a massive fucking fag.

If you don't have any talent, yes. That works.

Yeah. I'm a writer and I can tell you for certain that you have to smoke to be a writer. The reason is that while we're writing we often find ourselves at a point where we don't know what the next sentence should be. We don't know what comes next. This is when we sit back and take a drag of a cigarette. After the drag, we sit there for a few moments, and a line occurs to us. This is how writing works. If you don't smoke cigarettes, it doesn't work. You're just stuck there clueless with your dick in your hand.

That's how you compose music on the piano as well. It helps if you unbutton your shirt a little bit and have tousled but clean hair.

Are you Bojack Horseman?

>Tfw only smoke cock

>tfw I am naturally popular with little girls
>tfw it makes me feel like hanging myself
I see some holes in your interpretation.

Typical Bojack...Always horsin' around.

My metamorphosis is underway. It's like being chosen by a spirit. Stop reading Veeky Forums. Matter of fact close your browser and open jdarkroom and warm up.

I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER. I WANT HER.

FUCK

yes...

Are you published?
I just finished my first book, recently. Going to start on my second one after the turn of the year.

You just have to sit down and do it. The words will come to you, and if they don't, drink coffee until they do. And if they still don't, try again later, but be thinking about your work all the time you aren't working on it.
Never let it fade into the background of your mind, because there it will be forgotten.

Work is for suckers. Take it from me, kid. I wouldn't let go of that gold teat if I were you. Proust never worked a day in his life and he was GOAT.

Published 2. New book out around xmas and then a new book every 90 days through December 2018