Should I major in literature, philosophy or Japanese studies?

Should I major in literature, philosophy or Japanese studies?

lmfao

no

Can someone honestly explain the point of majoring in humanities? If you love to read books and study philosophy, read books and study philosophy, you don't need a "I've wasted 5 years of my life and acquired a debt" certificate to hang on a wall for that.
Go into STEM and be useful, faggot

(You)

That certificate helps you get a job. And not all jobs are STEM jobs.

>That certificate helps you get a job.
Ah yes, these sweet school teacher/McDonalds employee jobs. Truly worth the effort.

>implying OP lives in a country with student debt
>implying OP is studying to get a job
>implying employers aren't impressed by top-tier marks in a humanities degree

Yep, that's all the jobs that exist. Engineer, teacher, McDonald's Man.

>a STEM certificate is a guaranteed job

I started studying English at Oxford University on a scholarship but I developed skin cancer in my second year. I tried to return to my studies after hospitalisation but th'university refused to resume paying my scholarship. Now, four years later, I work at McDonald's, I spend all my disposable income (not a lot) on alcohol, cigarettes and prostitutes, I have liver disease and my skin cancer has returned. My family has disowned me. I want to die.

reader madness

u wot?

Where are you from, OP?

I was standing between philosophy, political science and Japanese studies a few years back. Ended up with political science for job opportunities, muny and all that stuff.

During the second semester, I realized I'd rather go with Japanese, which, believe it or not, has good job opportunities where I'm from (literally everybody who's graduated has a relevant job within a couple of months, but then again, barely anybody makes it through the education here). Never looked back. I've been enjoying every day since I made the decision, and for me, that's something special.

I don't know but my advice for you if you go to literature is that you have to be the biggest weeaboo there is. Go full japanese literature, talk with your teachers about it and don't hold back.
I hate myself because I didn't go full frenchaboo since the start, now I'm nobody.

Literature

Trust me

I studied English. I've worked as a PR person, ESL teacher, and am now an HR manager. Those who say the whole "fries with that" thing simply lack imagination - so much so that I doubt that they could ever write anything interesting. Security is a false god.

>and acquired a debt

I don't have a penny of debt. My parents are rich and they paid for my degree. I would never have gone into arts if I had to take out a loan, I would have learned to become an electrician or something like that instead.

>I want to die
>skin cancer has returned
Seems to me all you need to do is wait a little bit

This user's advice is good, OP.

Go specifically for Japanese literature. It's a good and friendly field, small enough that you'll probably get to know everyone else after conferencing for a few years. Assuming you're American. But I imagine it's pretty cozy everywhere.

>didn't try in high school
>did well on ACT and got into a well respected liberal arts college
>philosophy major
>parents pay for everything
>comfy as fuck
>back up plan is law school if I don't get a job
>parents will pay for that too

What have you done with your life to show off your WMP?