Why should I care about global warming and climate change if its going to affect humans 1000 years in the future? Like...

Why should I care about global warming and climate change if its going to affect humans 1000 years in the future? Like, no offence to any time travellers on this board, but I really couldn't care less about Cleetus the XII in the 31st century get fucked over by rising sea levels. Its up to them to solve their own problems in the future, not shift the responsibility to us in the past.

Imagine earth being a handful of degrees colder than it is now, let's say around 4-5° C. Doesn't sound like too much, right?

That's the difference between Boston as it is today, and Boston under a mile of ice (22000 years ago)

We're heading straight for 2°C degrees more than today in less than 100 years

how will the future humans fix their climate problems if WE don't develop climate altering technology now?
You are stopping the advancement of science.

Checkmate

No one's asking you the moon you know.
Just do what you can at your level whenever you feel like it.
Sort your detritus, buy bio products once in a while, use your bike instead or walk for small distances instead of taking your car etc...

Not my problem what happens 100 years from now long after I'm dead

>how will the future humans fix their climate problems if WE don't develop climate altering technology now?

We can barely predict next week's weather and you're already talking about climate altering technology?

Wew lad.

Unless these environmental conscious activities are enforced by law by a totalitarian government, me using the bike instead of the car is not going to stop global warming m8

Except that's not the time scale, models are predicting changes that will effect where crops can be grown and rising sea levels effecting coastal cities within this century.
If you don't worry about the future than why not just take on the risk of debt to build thousands of nuclear plants to power the world?

Is there a scientific reason why I should care about anything after I'm dead? Because the way I see it now, there is no logical reason to care about the future of the planet as long as I can live happily now.

>models are predicting

>2°C over 100 years means 0°C over 99 years and then 2°C in the last year
Retard

>riding bike once in a while will stop catastrophic skyfall venusformation events

Do hipsters actually believe that?

Not relevant to a discussion about hard sciences like climate science retard

We get it, the world revolves around you. You "trolled" us 'good', now here's a link back to your main board .

dumb frogposter

maybe you'll be here in 100 years.
Watching your great-grandkids wish the world wasn't submerged in water

>Model predicts 26.5% chance of Trump winning
>HURR DURR WHY DID HILLARY NOT WIN WHEN THE MODEL PREDICTED IT
>73.5 TO 26.5 IS THE SAME AS 100 TO ZERO, THE MODEL WAS WRONG
If only you didn't fail high school math

I care. If you don't then tough luck there are ways people like do can be made to care as well. Laws exist for a reason and people generally follow them whether they care or not.

>We're heading straight for 2°C degrees
at least

>Hurr Durr it could happen they even said it could!
They made it seem impossible, by manipulating data, just like climate alarmists

It could also be exponential. Might even be a 10 degree change

>4.6%
>A little less than 1/20th
>A little less than rolling a 20 on a 20-sided die
>THEY MADE ROLLING A 20 SEEM IMPOSSIBLE