How do people get fat? Like what exactly do fatties eat

How do people get fat? Like what exactly do fatties eat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

beer

Calorie dense food and not enough exercise. Usa is the perfect example. Everyone drives everywhere and mcdonalds has a dollar menu.

Typically fat people get that way by eating a lot of food as a coping mechanism due to underdevelopment, bad parenting and a lack of social interaction.

Fucking fatties.

Idk but probably whatever hijacks their weak little brains the most

For me it was rum and cokes. Even just the rum is a shiton of calories and i was puting back 3 handles a week. And atleast a 2 liter of coke per handle.

When i quit drinking i drop lbs quick. But i always end up back on the bottle. Maybe this time ill stay clean.

Fat people eat food that is characterized by being very pleasurable to eat and providing somewhat low baseline physiological satiety in return (junk food). As a result, they overeat calories and gain weight. Fat people also have their portions determined by others such as in restaurants and will try to finish their portion even when having eaten enough, so as to avoid having to throw away paid food.

The foods fat people eat tends to be high in some combination of fat, sugar and salt as well as low in water content, thereby high in caloric density.

However, many of the most popular pieces of junk food are high in fat and low in sugar, such as burgers, pizza and fries. Obesity is generally associated with excess fat intake, with or without high sugar intake (see: contemporary China)

What about inuit eskimos who live off seal blubber? Theyre not fat

Sure, I was trying to say that fat people tend to get fat on higher-fat diets. But they aren't sitting at home drinking oil, they're eating properly composed food that is high in fat and tastes good, such as ice cream, chocolate, bacon, restaurant foods. I imagine that seal blubber tastes like a moose's anal cavity so you would want to eat as little of it as possible to prevent starvation, which prevents weight gain. Bland and unappealing food prevents weight gain regardless of fat and sugar intake.

This. Usually they snack as well, consuming an extra meal's worth of calories between meals.
It's really easy when calorie dense food is cheap and you aren't very active. Maybe you just consume a little more than you burn off, so over a year you gain just a few pounds. Then a few more the next year. You don't really notice until you need a larger waist size pants. A few more years go buy and you need another size or two up. By this point you notice you have a gut and feel bad about it, maybe you try to lose some weight. Maybe you do, but it makes you fucking miserable. So you're back to your old patterns before long. By now you're pretty big, so the next 10 or 15lbs you put on really don't show all that much. By that point you're technically obese, and changing that seems impossible, like a mountain you can never climb. So a lot of people just say fuck it, and that's how they go out.

Bad enough when this happens in middle age. You're active in your young 20's so you keep eating like a teenager, then as you get less active in your 30's you blow up like a balloon. But it's really awful when kids are raised with such bad eating habits that they hit obesity in their teens. That's just fucking child abuse, but if the parents are obese they might not know better thremselves.

Yeah, they sit in their heated homes all day, eating whale blubber they brought home in their ACd cars. Fucking inuits.

Calories consumed > calories used = weight gained

It's really that simple.

addiction to unhealthy food as a coping mechanism is a trait shared by practically every single obese person

if you get home and eat leftover çhinese food from the fridge and then drink 6 tall beers while ordering a pizza with garlic dip while snacking on anything in reach the whole time and then the next morning you vow to eat healthier to atone for the previous day but you end up eating shit again like you have for the past 3 years you know a bit of the feel

No modern inuit lives off seal blubber. Prior to their colonization by europeans they hunted and trapped in arctic winters continually without motorized transportation. Think that didn't burn calories? They weren't laying around drinking beer, eating junk food and watching tv.

i was never a complete fatass but i was overweight for a year or two when i was around 18

it happened because i stopped exercising and playing sports and started to eat a lot of shit in one sitting. like a whole bag of chips or a whole thing of chocolate cookies like a retard

its really easy to not be fat though, you just dont eat a whole lot of shit like a dumbass

Ok true. But i wouldnt lay the blame on fat. Excess sugar is just as fattening ime.

Soda and alcohol. If I were to cut that entirely than I would totally lose my muffin top and probably 10-15 pounds.

This morning I had a big bowl of oatmeal with 15g of added sugar. I just can't stomach it with any less. This is alongside coffee with a teaspoon of sugar too.

White bread chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and maybe 150ml of orange juice.

Spaghetti bolognese with a "standard" 75g dry portion of pasta for dinner, with a glass of milk and a slice of today's coffee walnut cake for after. And another coffee with sugar.

And the night is young yet.
Sugar is really fuckin' good, is my point.

This is correct. The point is most fatties not only consume a high fat diet, they also eat lots of simple carbs (which are basically sugar) and also consume highly processed food and drinks loaded with sugar as well. It's easy to get fat on a high fat diet alone, but when you throw in simple carbs and some sugar? You'll be huge if you're not counting calories.

For me personally I've had a bad relationship with food my entire life (was roughly around 340 a few months ago, probably eating well over 4000kcal a day). It was partially a coping method for the sexual abuse I endured when I was young. My theory is that I subconsciously wanted to make myself fat and unattractive to any future sexual predators. And hell, eating feels good. I've been eating a low calorie diet since February and have lost 30 pounds, but every day at different times I'll feel this urge to regress and go order $20 worth of food from Taco Bell. And don't get me started on fucking college/university. It's 5 years of constant stress and you're almost peer pressured into eating retarded amounts of food because lol that's what college students do xD. It's going to take years of work but I've finally started making some positive changes and will someday get down to a normal weight.

For me it was in high school when all I had was 2 bucks a day for lunch.
>sweet tea
>bag of crisps
>oatmeal pie

Every fucking day. I got fat.

Are you the same guy who made the dominos pizza post?

y e p

food
what kind of fucking question is this

It's more surprisingly genetic than you think. People's BMR vary and there satiety feedback is also different. What may be enough for one of us is not for the next person. Couple that with psychological issues/predisposition and you get a recipe for uncontrollable obesity.

Typically cheap shitty food in large quantities. Not shitty in just bad for you but of poor taste. You would think a fat person is fat because they are well fed but no. Just bulk quantities and they dont even enjoy half the shit they shoce down their gullet.

>How do people get fat? Like what exactly do fatties eat.
whatever they want, whenever they want
or just whenever they want, because a lot of they do have anything from diet drinks to actual vegetables, they just eat enough other things and exercise so little it doesn't make a difference

Portion size. Calories in vs calories out.

I got fat because as a kid every day after school my dad would take me for fast food, then again for dinner 5 hours later.

I don't eat that anymore but the fat remains. It will always remain.

too many things that are made with sugar and flour = you're gonna be fat.

These. People naturally want to eat about 1.5 - 2lbs of (something). Calorie dense foods make it easy to occupy the available stomach space with unnaturally high calorie load. Alcohol and other sugary drinks are the same way compared with water. It's not over-eating. It's the normal level of eating but density of objects consumed pushes diets above BMR.
youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg

as a former fattie, it's pretty easy to get big. I wasn't T H I C C but I got pretty fat, something like 28% BF. My diet mostly consisted of soda with every meal, snacks like a whole bag of cheetos/lays/goldfish, fried foods always with a side of fries, lots of carb heavy dishes like rice and pasta, plenty of take out usually eating like 5-6 slices of pizza, and every day having desert around 3-4 of the recommended servings

Without a good balance of fats/protein, I constantly craved food because carbs never filled me up for long in between actual meals. In fact I usually took to getting takeout for two and just eating it all myself. Once I got into the spiral it was hard to pull myself back out

Alcohol doesn't help either

too much empty calories they munch on throughout the day and an imbalance of calories in versus calories expended
sodas, fast food, highly processed shit, and salty foods are the big problems. fatty on the road to not being so fat, my biggest problem was eating too much rice and carb heavy veggies. a lot of fatties eat without thinking about it so the calories just pile up like crazy, another problem i personally had. i do a ton of online work and would just munch on stuff throughout the day and didn't think about what i was eating while sitting on my ass.
some super fatties have emotional issue that they find escape from in food, so then its like an addiction. overall though i think the big problem is mindless eating and not exercising enough.

>more surprisingly genetic
dropped. there are VERY VERY few people on either end. only a handful of people can eat almost whatever they want and not get fat. at the same time, genetics is only responsible for a lardsack forming once every blue moon. i know this is bait but i have a bone to pick with anyone who might think anything remotelt like this

Exactly. Makes perfect sense.