What are some good books on dealing with the shittiness of life and the feeling of being overwhelmed by the burden of...

What are some good books on dealing with the shittiness of life and the feeling of being overwhelmed by the burden of one's past mistakes?

probably one where the OP is a faggot and kills himself

Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
Just your speed. Run along now.

Marcus Aurelius - Meditations, Epictetus - Enchyridion. Anything from stoic philosophers truly helps when you are dealing with pain.

Don't listen to this fag OP, Stoicism is a cuck philosophy

Kolobok.

proofs?

my short stories

I'm a stoic.

Hard Rain Falling is more or less that.

>Don Carpenter’s Hard Rain Falling is a tough-as-nails account of being down and out, but never down for good—a Dostoyevskian tale of crime, punishment, and the pursuit of an ever-elusive redemption. The novel follows the adventures of Jack Levitt, an orphaned teenager living off his wits in the fleabag hotels and seedy pool halls of Portland, Oregon. Jack befriends Billy Lancing, a young black runaway and pool hustler extraordinaire. A heist gone wrong gets Jack sent to reform school, from which he emerges embittered by abuse and solitary confinement. In the meantime Billy has joined the middle class—married, fathered a son, acquired a business and a mistress. But neither Jack nor Billy can escape their troubled pasts, and they will meet again in San Quentin before their strange double drama comes to a violent and revelatory end.

It's one of my favorite books.

Btw that description makes it sound like it's more of a sociological approach to crime and its reasons, but it's not. It's all the dramas and anxieties of your average failson codified into the life of a petty criminal and his late attempts to become cultured and join the middle-class. Makes me feel like shit whenever I read it.

>Marcus Aurelius - Meditations

This book helps with literally all problems in life.

Rationalism coupled with religion. Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz.

Realize that you acted in the way you perceived was best at the time and that no amount of regret can change it. Additionally: those actions made you who you are, and regardless of what happens, God has a

Seconding Aurelius. His wisdom comes from a place of truth and self reflection, instead of dramatisation or trying to convince you of any one thing. One part I like about Meditations is about retreating into your own mind as a purified reservoir, although bad thoughts, our memories of the past can cloud it, the power oft he mind can break this dirt down and return it to clarity, sl that we can perceive the present and future. This is very helpful for me.

> Rationalism coupled with religion

the two cancel each other out tbqh femme

Wasn't Marcus an opium addict?

Of course. It's like LSD and the Dark Side of the Moon, you're supposed to be high.

Anything by Bukowski.

Hitting a little close to home user

Slaughter House Five

MDE is what you need, laugh the pain away. How to BOMB The US Gov't is the name of the book.

I read about 80 pages of this and it was so boring.

>guys play pool
>black kid arrives
>they break into someones house
>they host a part at said house which gets out of hand
>guys gets arrested

When does the hard rain start falling?

So boring I just can't even.

The Humans by Matt Haig

sam hyde pls

MY DIARY DESUUUUU

Cioran's "On the Heights of Despair".

Meditations is based as fuck but I dunno, it kind of feels wrong to read something Marcus Aurelius never intended to make public?