What are you reading, Veeky Forums? And what is your reaction?

What are you reading, Veeky Forums? And what is your reaction?

>Woah!
>I didn't know The Odyssey was this long!
I've been stuck on The Odyssey for what feels like so long and I'm getting scared that I'll never read normal prose again.

Reading Homer is a meme. Prove me wrong.

>classic adventure
>depending the translation: beautiful prose
>understanding a cultural artifact
no, it is no meme my friend

>Castle to Castle
>(...)!!!!!!
Just good old CĂ©line, and I'll probably have a damn good time.

>(...)!!!!!!
interesting reaction here

>the republic
>wow Plato is dumb
>wtf I want to live in the Republic now
Looks like I was the dumb

can't remember what this pic was about socrates or plato but its funny and GREEK

ha BOTH

>>wtf I want to live in the Republic now

Why? You would just be a smelly farmer.

>forbidden to read

Reading Hyperobjects

>Anthroplastecine Era
>the world has already ended twice
>human thought is too Anthropocentric

Wew lads

Reading Borges collected poetry, mfw it's literally better than his short fiction, which I already have a deep affection for

>object-oriented philosophy

>anthroplastecine era

What is this my man?

>What are you reading

Dead Souls by J. Lincoln Fenn

It's good desu

I have no idea of what you're talking about, but I'm seriously interested.

>Transmetropolitan (Reread)
>Spot a copy of pic related on Spider's floor, on page one

I'm wondering if as I read on I'll detect more Veeky Forums related paraphernalia which I did not spot when I read the comic as a boy.

Turns out Spider might be a Patrician

Sorry "Anthropocine."

A geolocical movement. The period of time after we mined and burned coal, after the invention of the steam engine. The engine being a "universal macine."

The "human terraforming of the Earth."

Actually it's ontoligical geology and phenomena based philosophy.

The engine? as in the steam engine? what engine?

Everything is a meme, as the life of a reader is pathetic and lonely.

>bored of my regular "type" of books
>took one from my sister's shelf
>stephen king (The Shining)
>whoa, hes not that bad
I'm actually enjoying the book pretty much, I can see why people don't like him... but, bad? (No)

I believe I stated the steam engine.

Also the next universal machine, the computer.

I'm only 19 pages in, I think this could be quite the ride.

Siddhartha by Hesse. I didn't know something could be so beautifully and near-perfectly put together.

Nah it was pretty ambiguous what you meant.

>after the invention of the steam engine. The engine being a "universal macine."

Comprehension much? Context clues not doing much for ya?

Sorry, it is indeed object oriented ontological philosophy, but what is your point?

It's still ambiguous, sorry mate.

120 Days of Sodom

>Before reading
Can't be that bad of a read.

>My thoughts so far
Great fantasy book

Here I'll help you user. If you're stuck on one book like I am then chances are you probably don't even know what's going on in the book and you're probably aren't dedicating enough time so if you start finishing the Odyssey tomorrow I'll finish Anna Karenina deal?

>Forbbiden colours
Is not making me as horny and uncomfortable as confessions of a mask, but is hitting me hard on the feels.

>when you realize that you are like shunsuke

I know where you're coming from, but that's not my problem with the Odyssey. Been in class until recently, and I've been trying to read the Fitzgerald edition to practice my appreciation of poetry so I'm paying attention to the aesthetics of the words - and I'm trying to read it out loud to myself as it might have been... but then its a translation, so its just for the poetry I guess.
It's been very involved and I've only recently had the comfortable time to pay that way of reading it!

>white noise
>baby's first mid life crisis
It's p good though. I like Delilo's prose.

He's a master. If you continue to like it, Underworld is where his prose gets to really shine.

>Shakespeare's Julius Caesar

Read it for the first time like 5 years ago. I didn't remember it being this good. Just finished it some hours ago, now I'm reading Hazlitt's, Goddard's and Bloom's comments on it.

Reading a translation of Dante's Inferno, note writer is a sycophant who keeps using retardedly obscure words but I don't mind, because looking up and learning irrelevant things helps my self esteem. Anyways, the writer in question keeps trying to hype up Dante as the wisest, most poetic guy ever but ends up poking holes in his system.

I do like the text itself, though, and the historical context is neat to read through. I don't know if I'm going to move onto Purgatorio and Paradiso, since I have limited time and they aren't as culturally important.

What do you think I should do?

Inferno was something I would like to move onto myself. I'm also not certain about reading Purgatorio and Paradiso either, I have barely heard anyone suggest them or any cultural-buzz about those two poems either; if I did read all three, it would be due to Inferno really hooking me, but it would have to really hook me to do that I think.

>be me in 1400
>i wandered into a forested valley of sin and degradation
>go on a tour of hell
>it's full of random italian people from late 1300s politics
>go on a tour of heaven
>at the base of heaven is cato the younger, another italian
>slowly learn not to sin
>go home and write a book about it
>everyone loves it

is this meant to serve as a summary to down-play the other-two, or?

>Plato - Laws (Nomoi)
(beginning)
>wtf the athenian is contradicting what the foreigner said in Statesman (Politikos) without a proper argument
(book 5)
>wtf I love the athenian now