Hey guys, I have these small chillis growing in my garden, what can I do with them?

Hey guys, I have these small chillis growing in my garden, what can I do with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

advocacy.britannica.com/blog/advocacy/2010/05/bird-migration-and-migrations-an-encyclopaedic-primer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they might be decorative but hopefully they're bird's eye
if that's the case you can use them as you would "normal" cayenne chilli
try one

>they might be decorative
No, they are hot as FUCK.
Over here we call them Devil's Chili.
One seed will kill your tastebuds for hours.

I'd like to use them for chili con carne, but I've never used real chilis, just the powder.

Just looked up "Bird's Eye", that's probably it.
I live in South Africa btw so it would make sense that they just randomly grew here.

Still would like to know how to use them in food.

use them like normal chillies, but use less since they're hotter
generally they should be best finely chopped to evenly distribute the hotness, try adding them to a stew just like you would chilli powder
eating them raw on a sandwich is probably not a good idea since they're quite spicy and not very flavourful otherwise

Oh, and I also have a tree growing these larger chilis.

Maybe someone can help me identify them?
They are pretty hot as well

Thanks, I'll try it tonight.
I wasn't sure if you have to dry them out first or not.

I'm not an expert, but they might be habaneros. If that's the case they should be as hot or hotter than the bird's eye peppers
also habaneros taste a bit different from normal peppers, I'd say they're more flavourful

They are not as hot as the bird's eye, but pretty close.

And yes, if you eat the skin without the seeds they are more flavourful, almost like a hotter red pepper.

red habaneros have a specific, slightly bitter taste that's hard to describe. I thing they go great in a stew or jerk chicken

Cool, thanks for your input.
These things have been growing in my garden for a couple years and I really should start using them in my cooking.

Make some tiny slits all over one of them, then insert into urethra. Report back with results.

Literal baby taste buds

it hurts :(

who the fuck uses powder chili on the regular? it's pretty much never justified and is just good to have around in a pinch.

>who the fuck uses powder chili on the regular?
I did because chilis aren't really available in grocery stores in South Africa

this is strange considering they apparently randomly grow in the wild

my favorite szechuan restaurant uses extremely tiny slivers of those birds eye fuckers in some of their cold dishes, they look so innocent but god damn they sneak up on you every time

Actually not at all.

Are you retarded

Grind them into powder and coat your eyes in it.

>step 1: cut in half
>step 2: insert into anus
>????????
>step 4: profit

if a country has great confitions for growing peppers (and apparently south africa does since they grow on their own) it's strange that they're not widely available

>randomly grow in the wild
They reacted because chili isn't a native plant of Africa. Finding it wild would be ridiculous.

I know it's not native to Africa but it had to get into OPs garden somehow, right? It's not like a neighbour planted it there just to spite him.

Blend them in to a paste make some curry

Migratory birds CAN and do fly across continents, carrying with them seeds to plants not indigenous to where they land.

I guess it could be carried by a european swallow. Probably not an african one though, as they don't migrate.

>Lol why aren't people relying on plants from migratory bird poop

I wish my neighbors hid awesome pepper plants in my garden. Africa sounds like a pretty cool place now.

advocacy.britannica.com/blog/advocacy/2010/05/bird-migration-and-migrations-an-encyclopaedic-primer/

Apparently hundreds if species of European birds nest in Africa during winter. Who would have known.

>European
We're talking about chili seeds you literal moron

You can put them in your pure glasses of water to make a spicy drink.

Those are tabasco peppers.