What's the greatest series ever written, and why is it A Song of Ice and Fire?

What's the greatest series ever written, and why is it A Song of Ice and Fire?

>stylized hardcover box set
>series isn't done

triggered

you can get expansions as dlc

eh the series will never be finished. At best we'll get one more.

>series isn't done
>implying

Nice to see the loons are let out of reddit every once and a while

is this true?

It's been like, 12 years since the last one was released. Georgie is old and fat as FUCK. He'll have a heart attack and we'll get some sloppy thrown together shit like the last Wheel of Time books.

Jeeves is the best series ever written.

I'd have to say Discworld desu.

There's a containment thread for your kind.

Martin has missed the deadline for the sixth book several times already and he still isn't even finished the first draft. He's also decided that the series cant be finished in seven books like he originally wanted, I believe he's bumped it up to nine but I'm not 100% sure.

He's 68 right now, fat as fuck, leads an unhealthy lifestyle and is an incredibly slow writer. There is no chance in hell that he will live long enough to finish the series.

I wonder who will be the Brandon Sanderson of ASoIaF

the last two were shit. It's a decent trilogy of pulp fantasy fiction. The characters all pretty shitty and one dimensional and there's too much plot that doesn't go anywhere. I've read 40k books with superior drama and character development.

"Great series" is an oxymoron since the only authors who write series of novels are uninspired genre trash slingers.

Martin is going to have a heart attack and die and then shit himself. They won't put the last part in his obituary.

The Alexandria Quartet DESU

My man

>tfw you only have Small Gods

really wish I'd allow myself to indulge in the Discworld series, I've enjoyed Pratchett's work immensely

>Don Quixote, pt. 2

The first three books were probably the best thing that happened to fantasy in the past 20 years. After that Martin doesn't seem to want to invest his energy in this complicated mess (all his previous projects were short-term) and he seems to be running out of ideas. I seriously hope he can come to a conclusion but not probably likely. He won't allow anyone else to complete the series and he's already revealed all the plot endings to the tv showrunners.

Meh, HBO is going to finish it whether he's ready or not. He just needs to provide them a vague outline of where the story is going.

>V.
>Gravity's Rainbow

He has provided an outline in the even he dies but the show has already diverged significantly enough that it probably doesn't even apply anymore.

Homer
HOMER

Martin has said that not only will another author not write his final books, bu he also wants his notes destroyed when he dies