How many pages did you read today?

How many pages did you read today?

>4

About the same.

I read like a 30 page paper on the life cycle of Islamic State foreign fighters; if that counts.

I haven't read a single book in 2016. That's right. None. Yet I have probably posted (or, rather, shitposted) on Veeky Forums more fervently than ever in these past twelve months, racking up so many 100+ reply threads and so many (you)s in that time that reading at this point seems like such a pointless exercise in vicarious sublimation that I may never read another book again.

>tfw to intellgent too read

I don't read

40 of my own reading, more for work. Adds up to about a book a week.

I finished Eco's Numero Zero last night before bed, then and got back into Nabokov's Ada. I usually have 3-6 books on the go by my bed.

10, FUCK VIDEO GAMES RUINING MY LIFE

I swore off video games when I was in danger of not getting my MA thesis submitted in time because of that time-wasting bullshit, and I've never regretted it. There are endless ways to waste time (this site is my worst now), but nothing beats the "I just fucked away HOW many hours twitching my thumbs??" bullshit of video games. Much more time for reading now.

0, but I'll read 60 now, and at least 90 more on the bus.

I didn't read anything, but I did watch a few episodes of Gravity Falls and think upon their message. They were rich with the sublimation of myth and spoke of man's banishment from paradise in a quaint children's cartoon form. I found it both enjoyable and edifying. Also, Wendy is my waifu.

~40, but I'll read at least 10 poems later, and finish two stanzas.

well quality over quantity, isn't it

I just woke up but last night I read like 15.

In the last two days 55.

You must subtract non-fiction pages from fiction.

>0

30 but now I'm on lit so my day is fucked.

Seriously sell or give someone your vgs. You will feel better.

I've finally reached that stage. Of course I'm a month behind on reading for an MA essay because I didn't reach that stage sooner.

I will say that I stopped playing video games a while ago but mostly because there are so few games with any real substance.

I don't want to look down on them. I think as a medium that video games can do things that other mediums can't but that they simply aren't done because the developers are so tied to commercial interests.

i dont give a shit about artistic games or anything, i play multiplayer games for the competitive rush

Start playing chess or some kind of sport, senpai

I think that nobody sees video games right.

We keep trying to use them as a narrative based medium, when it very much isn't.

Video games are like music, where a story is far from nessisary, and most of of the classics have very little in the way of plot.

We need to get back to the way games were in the eighties, where they were able to create emotions in the player with their gameplay, not their story.

After all, if you want to tell a story, you should write a fucking book

>chess
1 0 is more addictive than any video game i've played

Chess is great but I would also recommend looking into Go (Weiqi).

It is my obsession. I don't spend much time playing it but I know it will be my go to game for the rest of my life.

~150

I think I'm on minus a hundred or so.

Chess, Go, Bridge, even Poker.

Zero. I woke up fifteen minutes ago.

Is it good?

I asked about this a few days ago and got no replies.

s1 Gravity Falls was so comfy and fun. Shame what happened.

what's up with her mouth it looks like her baby teeth never fell out or something

>0
I have a final later today and a project due at midnight then another final and project due at 8 AM tomorrow.

>CAPTCHA
>Close Calle

4 chapters and growing

s2 wasn't significantly worse I'd say, and hey, it can't stay summer forever user. Eventually the overarching plot must develop.

>playing chess and autism dots instead of patrician Shogi

>bughouse for the friendless
>patrician

you still have 12 days to make up for it, read 10 books in this 12 days are you will die in your sleep at 1/1/2017

bum[p

I didn't read any today but at one or two in the morning last night I read ~40 pages of Henry V

For a model she does have unconventional looking chompers. I think it makes her look cute and endearing and less forbiddingly perfect if that makes sense.

Read 12, wrote about 8 not counting articles for work.

Yeah about 100 a day is optimal and impressive for a busy schedule.

40 something

Also nice Barbie

Stopped playing videogames 6 months ago

Best decision I've ever made