How many of you regularly consume some form of soy as part of your diet?

How many of you regularly consume some form of soy as part of your diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My wife is a vegetarian of 12 years, and while I'm not, I do eat vegetarian meals with her from time to time. I cook soy products every 5 or 6 vege-meals I cook.

> Medium-soft tofu
> Press out the water
> Bread with panko crust
> Shallow fry in cast iron
> Nomnomnom

or

> Tempeh
> Marinate in homemade teriyaki
> Saute with shiitake mushrooms

Never, it's awful for you. You see, in China, soy products are fermented for at least a few years in order to remove the phytoestrogens from it. In freedomland, they don't have those regulations, so in reality you're stuffing yourself with hormones.

Usually eat a tofu based veggie pattie at least 3 times a week

>hormones
>plants
yep, broscience up in this thread

don't mind the actual mammalian hormones in pork and beef

I make miso soup occasionally, especially if im sick.

Probably 5-6 times a year in total.

I drink unsweetened soy milk with my coffee in the morning in moderation. I figure that the feminizing effects of soy are a double edged sword and in the right quantities, can be beneficial. I figure it will slow my receding hairline, soften my skin, and decrease my sex drive, all of which are good in my book. The only drawbacks are man tits, which can be averted with good diet and exercise, and over emotionalism, which can be averted with discipline and sheer force of will. Some people think a low sex drive is a bad thing but for those who literally cant go one day without fapping, it's a blessing.

"Soybeans contain isoflavones, which are chemically similar to estrogens. Soybeans are a complete protein source and a dietary staple in many cultures. Soy contains phytoestrogens called isoflavones that may mimic the activity of the hormone estrogen in your body."

How fucking retarded are you

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
>The results of this meta-analysis suggest that neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable T concentrations in men.
I love to break it to you buddy; you fell for a stupid meme. Soy does not affect testosterone levels.

Retard.

>mmmmuuuuhh xenoestrogens

i fucking knew you people would evolve to new levels of hastily Google Scholar'd bullshit trying to le outwit each other like the masture rusemen you all are

I have an asian wife so when we eat her soups it usually has it. She fries it in chili oil and it's a great side dish. Sometimes she'll just slice into squares and toss with the kind of spices used in kimchi and that's really good. We've made our own before but it usually comes out pretty firm which is best fried.

All and all, I probably eat it 4 or 5 times a week, and as far as worrying about my dick falling off or becoming a poofter because of muh vast sinister soros financed conspiracy to make males have periods, I somewhat resemble the build and style of pic.

I like to provide evidence against bullshit claims on the internet, it's just who I am. The xenoestrogen meme has to stop.

>t. soy shill

It doesn't matter how many studies you link showing that soy doesn't lower test, I could show you just as many studies that show it does, and mine wouldn't be sponsored by soy companies.

The more estrogens in my estrogen the better. Nevermind the fact that studies show it has no effect.
Also
>china
>regulations
Kek

I thought about it but I'm just lazy as fuck and will continue my diet of sandwiches and rice.

Mine is not "a" study, it's a meta-analysis and it's not funded by soy companies.

Your turn, meme-retard.

I consume soy regularly.

This doesn't concern me because oral hormones are terrifically inefficient. I don't consume them frequently enough for there to be any concerns with phytoestrogens. I'm not even sure it is possible to consume enough soy for that to be an issue. Anything short of a 24/7 direct IV infusion isn't going to achieve anything.

I can show you meta-analyses that show it does lower testosterone levels.

You fell into the retard trap of thinking that just because you can link to a study showing something you claim, it means you're right. Do you know how many fucking studies/meta-analyses have been done in the last century? You could find one to back up any ridiculous claim you want, it doesn't count for shit.

You're what the Soviet union would call a "useful idiot". You are the sort of idiot who spreads misinformation because he genuinely believes it.

That's just not true. There's plenty of unfermented soy in their diet, and a majority of what is fermented is hardly fermented for "years". Usually about month. I don't even know if fermentation removes the phytoestrogens from it.

I don't know if soy really effects hormones, I haven't examined any actual studies on the topic, but people have been eating soy in China for thousands of years and they haven't transformed into frail, homosexuals who cuck their society into collapse so I don't know what the paranoia conspiracy theories are all about.

tofu is so good if you sear it and season it properly

>J.H.-R while a doctoral student at the University of Minnesota received some minor funding from the Soy Nutrition Institute for work on this manuscript.
>M.S.K. occasionally consults for the Solae Company.
>M.J.M. regularly consults for companies in the soy food industry.

At the very least once a week
t. SE Asian

Note to thread: If you hadn't yet noticed this is the Alex Jones mouthpiece running around spewing fearmongering over imaginary boogeymen trying to cause men to start having periods by consuming vegetables.

I eat soybeans here and there. I'm not really into soy.

The idea is that it significantly raises estrogen levels you retard.

see

can anyone tell me why my frogs are turning gay?

soy sauce count? that shit's got tons of uses

>I have an asian wife
your living the dream user

menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects

Yeah I guess if you're a tard and drink a gallon of soy milk a day you might run into problems.

>i can show you

But you havent

>MENS health
Yeah, this MIGHT have had some validity if the majority of this board wasn't female

>3 quarts of soy milk a day

>an anecdotal story
>throughout article no conclusive evidence effects have been documented in human males
>continual use of language like "suspect"
>even researchers who have noticed some possible effects in some animals admit it doesn't mean there are effects in humans

You get btfo even by your own sources, lol.

>menshealth
At least the people posting about the phytoestrogens in beer cite an actual scientific paper.

I've been waiting for an hour now

kek. Last time I checked, the temperature in hell was not dropping so you'll have a while to wait.

Intentionally or unintentionally? I think nearly 100% do due to soybean oil and other garbage made with soy.

God bless Theresa Manyan.

>www.menshealth.com
Appeal to authority works better when you use actual authorities. Got anything from Lancet or JAMA?

Nope, because he fell for the locker room meme and got scared of soy 'cause big boys said it so it must be true.

> they haven't transformed into frail, homosexuals who cuck their society into collapse

The last part they didn't do. But frail and homosexual on the other hand..

It's pretty humorous. These edgelords run around screaming the sky is falling and there is a vast conspiracy to feminize males when they exhibit the behavior of a cringing, scared of her own shadow, suburban mother.