Can't even understand grade 8 math on khanacademy

>can't even understand grade 8 math on khanacademy

It's over for me, isn't it?

Yes, you should probably kill yourself now.

I refuse to believe this. There's legitimately no way a functional human being cannot understand something as simple as 8th grade math.

just get on down to your local union hall and get into the trades.

Fuck you normie I don't understand fractions where the numerators is higher than the denominator.

Why? What do you not understand?

>I understand what 1/4 means but not 5/4

What does it mean

It means if you have 5/4, that is 1/4th more than one.

That means you have a whole apple plust 1 quarter of another apple.

ahh, another job security thread. how comfy.

How can you simplify it

As 1 1/4th?

8/5 is equal to 5/5 + 3/5

since 5/5 = 1 then 8/5 = 1+3/5 or one anf three fifth.

That's already simplified. It's just notation for literary a whole plus 1 cuarter if a whole.

Divide 5 with 4. That's what 5/4 means. Because 4*1+1=5, you'd get 1 as the remainder (1 does not get divided by 4 to give a natural number, but four does, and the result is 1). That's why 1+1/4=5/4

Brainlets here took the bait

Good job OP

Thank you

I want to get good at mathematics I'm going to try to learn python soon

>tfw so retarded people think you're baiting

Take a cake. Divide it to 4 pieces. Take one, that makes 1/4 cake.
Take two cakes. Divide both of them to four pieces. Now take 5 pieces. Voila, you have 5/4.

When numerator is bigger it means the number is greater than 1.

4 pieces makes one whole cake, therefore 5 pieces of cake is more than a cake.

5 over 4... 5 equal pieces where 4 of it makes 1.

Ratio of 5 pieces of cake to 1 whole cake (4 pieces) is 5/4.

5/4 is also equal to 1.25

Take your calculator and divide 5 by 4.

What do you get? 1.25

In regular digits 1 is the whole number. 1 equals to 1. Divide 1 by 4 pieces you get quarter (0.25). Now get 5 of that 0.25. You get 1.25, which is 5/4.

When there is a denominator you need a numerator equal to the denominator to get 1.

4 pieces of cake make 1 whole cake.

Actually in regular numbers the denominator is 1. But when there is no decimal you know the number is whole number.

So 5 means 5/1, in our analogy it means 5 cakes. Or,,, you can say that 4 pieces make 1 cake therefore there are 5 times 4 (20) pieces of cake in 5 whole cakes. You can write that as 20 (total number of pieces) over 4 (number of pieces that makes a whole). Which is 20/4. Now do that in yor calculator, what do you get? 5. Which is the number of cakes.

Gee look at mr normalfag over here.

(1/4)/(1/4) = 1

Explain why this is the answer, and you understand fractions.

>tfw can't into kindergarten calculus(indeterminate limits)
What's the easiest way to kill myself as a brainlet?

L'Hopital's rule u dumb bitch. If that doesn't work, try multiplying by (n/n), factor and canceling, or squeezing. C'mon that is less than child's play my nigga

This is sad. You have to be fucking retarded not to get this. You are by far one of the most retarded people ever to come upon this board. For fuck sakes! You're gonna get ass raped times one million in algebra. I think the only real solution for you is to kill yourself.

>spout some random buzz terms from calc class.

SEE GUYS IM SMART

it's actually right you stupid fuck. not even him but I TA calc 1.

no shit, but that wasn't his intent.

no

You're a dick Brodie

It's okay, I'm learning math again too user. The important thing is that you are trying

>times one million

are you 10?

Not the user but stfu you stupid brainlet