Why is it so fucking hard to find good chinese bakeries outside of SF/Oakland?

Why is it so fucking hard to find good chinese bakeries outside of SF/Oakland?

Egg tarts are so tiny and always burnt at places like 85°C

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7z0hmBIR8BE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks user, never knew the slant eyed gooks ripped off the french quiche.

Do they bake with rice?

Because during the late 1800's anti-Chinese violence drove Chinese immigrants from the western United States to New York, leaving only large enclaves like the one in San Francisco and to a lesser extent Los Angeles.

What don't they rip off?

it's portuguese and british origin. not french. dumbfuck.

We have plenty of those here in Houston, I've seen Chinese bakeries in Dallas as well.

>french sweet custard inside pate brisee shell
>not french

wooo laddie.

You can't be serious. Americans never liked immigrants? I don't believe it.

There's a ton of them here in Atlanta. I go to a really tiny mom-and-pop kind of deal and they make me the egg tarts fresh, but there's bigger places like Sweet Hut and a lot of other Asian bakeries here too.

Pasteis de nata or whatever they call it is Portuguese.
Quiche is French, but this isn't quiche.

t. Frenchy.

>dumb frog
quiche is an egg custard in pate brisee (shortcrust shell) How am I wrong?

>inb4 quiche is savory not sweet!

Can't you just make your own?

I don't have any trouble finding them (NYC here)

The best thing to do is just avoid racist flyover places, they are afraid of culture and will respond to violence and gunfire when they encounter something they don't understand, as mentioned here

is california flyover now?

>Why is it so fucking hard to find a good chinese bakery outside of the two cities with the largest chinese populations in the united states

what a mystery

The parts that aren't the bay area are, sure. You haven't left the bay area before? You won't like what you find.

Cali has a large Chinese population because it's one of few states where colleges aren't allowed to set racial quotas, meaning they don't need an 8.0 GPA and to be a master violinist to get into college like they do in the northeast states. It also helps drive the state's biotech industry and means they're becoming scientists and doctors instead of running bakeries.

>missed the point
In the 1800's the source of anti-chinese immigration violence was mostly in the west coast (california, oregon, washington)

And Wyoming

i assumed this was common knowledge , but Veeky Forums never ceases to amaze me. idk if you saw this film but it's pretty interesting and ck/
youtube.com/watch?v=7z0hmBIR8BE

other anons who don't know about early chinese immigrants to the usa might find it interesting as well, they might learn something about all those 'flyover' states.

Honestly the most relatable topic I've seen here, I'm stranded from the Bay Area because college so I end up making them myself.

Also as people above have said, the answer is racism forcing Asians into ghettos where their only customers are other Asian people because other people won't step in there, so they need high quality to low prices

quiche is savory not sweet!

Who would want to go to a state school in the northeast?

These are delicious. I can't help you find one in California but almost ever time I have had them, they have been creamy, flaky, and delicious.

Why the fuck do you need chinks to make them? It's literally just a dish adopted by the chinese from Europe. And they're piss easy to make. It's literally egg yolks mixed with sugar. Then temper with part of the boiling milk, return to the heat, then add a bit of flour or corn starch to thicken and once it starts to bubble or boil you're done. Put it in a shell and bake or pre-bake the shell and give it just enough time in the oven to finish.

First off it's not a quiche it's a simple custard tart. Second they got it from the Portuguese but literally everyone European country has one and eats them. It's pretty much just a simple flan (custard) in a flaky shell.
if it can be considered british it's just as much French.
Pastel de nata comes from French monks according to wikipedia

t.proud white man defending european culture while knowing nothing about it

I think the asian grocery store here has them

>First off it's not a quiche
Yes, A garnished custard inside of shortcrust is quiche. It's literally what quiche is and it's literally what these are.

Because Chinese baked goods are mostly shit

If you like egg custard then his is the GOAT.
Portuguese custard tarts - pastéis de nata.
Made with flaky puff pastry instead of the soggy short crust you find on the normal types