Would you eat at a restaurant that uncompromisingly followed reciped from an ancient culture? 2000 years or older

Would you eat at a restaurant that uncompromisingly followed reciped from an ancient culture? 2000 years or older

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xRegUuydEUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure why not. Too bad no such documentation exists.

Incorrect. There's the apicius

Why would i want to eat burned flour amd water with bits of rock in it

Are you trying to steal my Jesus themed restaurant idea?

I regularly drink posca, and enjoy my cantaloupe with pepper. So yes.

No for me it's the Romans, the best restaurant concept

How different would a Roman diet and a Levantine diet from the same time period be?

Bearing weapons was very illegal inside romes walls

I'm aiming for republic if possible, the empire isn't half as interesting. Although it has better documentation culinarily

That doesn't really answer my question.

I'm sorry, but i'm afraid that's my idea. Please don't mention it again.

I really wouldn't know. Why would it be jesus themed? Marketing? Do you wanna name it The Last Supper?

You too? Fuck

>everything is served with pickled fish paste

pass. Although stuffing live birds into every dinner item so they fly out when you cut it would be fun as shit

>that's my idea

No, you nignog, I mentioned it a couple days ago and it was still up this morning that it should be crowdfunded for deep south flyover state locations.

I don't give fuck all if you do it, but don't claim it was your idea. Fucking Judas, I swear to god..

Its popular with tourists here in Australia people pay to go on "outback experience tours" for the privilege of eating goanna cooked in a hole in the ground

>the empire isn't half as interesting

Aspicius recipes look fucking horrifying though
It's literally fishbrine or saltbrine on everything

garum wasn't like ketchup, a huge chunk of the population never ate it and thought it was vile.

It really wasn't. The political and cultural intrigue of the last 200 years of republic beats out the entire history of the empire.
Liquamen is just sweet fish sauce, it sounds baller. If you think that's gross you'd have to disregard the entirety of south asian cuisine. I think pretty much all the apicius recipes I've seen ranged from mildly appetizing to sounding glorious.

>fun as shit
Enjoy birdshit and feather fluff all through your food.

>implying almost all of the population didn't consume garum

Maybe filthy gaul barbarians would have turned their noses up, especially if it wasn't in oenogarum form.

it is actually fucking great, but you have to get it absolutely fresh or it's awful. you're basically fishing the day you want it.

>Maybe filthy gaul barbarians would have turned their noses up, especially if it wasn't in oenogarum form.
no, plenty people fucking hated it including historians, who were either equestrian or noble caste, if not patrician.

You'd only be able to serve vedic recipes. If you like ghee and mustard oil you're gonna like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=xRegUuydEUg

I would, but I'm an autist

at least once. for sure. roman especially, never had that before. fish sauce, yum, really salty and fishy.