Explain to me (a brainlet) how evolution even happens

Explain to me (a brainlet) how evolution even happens

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YT1vXXMsYak?t=23m40s
vixra.org/abs/1602.0132
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fucking bad thots like in ur pic

Mutations, and then natural selection. Literally you could google this shit.

shwoop...pchoo!!!

Evolution is a spectrum of mutations that lead to perfection in a species.

It just seems so unbelievable to me
Small mutations eventually becoming significant enough changes to be able to produce eyes and shit? Creatures laying eggs?
What the fuck
I'm so stupid

Evolution is a spectrum indeed. Some people came from monkeys while others are still trying :^)

What fuels it though. Did the spider-tailed viper think "oh man, I wish my tail looked like a spider so I could lure little birds to eat" for generations thus growing one? That would mean that snake is a pretty aware dude

>produce eyes

youtu.be/YT1vXXMsYak?t=23m40s

Forgot pic

Oh, AND that I can get laser vision and wolverine claws

ur mum is the proof of evolution

>Organism replicates
>Replication isn't always accurate, causes random mutations
>One organism gets random mutation that gives it an advantage over others in replication
>He is able to make more copies of his genes compared to the rest

Because this happens on timescales you couldn't possibly imagine either.

Nothing fuels is. Just which that gives you an advantage over other people in propagating your genes.

This happens over millions of years, but you can pick up a biology textbook for highschool students and learn about it in less than a week.

Genes kinda just throw out "random" shit until it sticks, and what sticks stays until it's a hinderance.

Thanks for the responses guys, I know how it works-- I guess it's just difficult for me to grasp how that produced the outcome it has

It has taken millions and millions of years to reach what we have today which is why it's hard for some people to believe

This, but I'd like to comment on
>One organism gets random mutation that gives it an advantage over others in replication
Generally it does but not necessarily. Often it could just be coincidental. Like a small population having a mutation, then the majority that doesn't have that mutation getting randomly wiped out, thus the mutation that may have been minor (possibly stamped out at a later date) is now in all future entities of that given species.

A physical trait could persist for cultural/exoticism value too. Even though it's not advantageous in the physical sense, rather advantageous in the societal sense.

Advantageous doesn't necessarily mean better or good, just what persists as the given events line up.

1. mutation
2. natural selection
3. genetic drift
4. gene flow

>spider tailed viper
excuse me?

There used to be a documentary on youtube.

basically some chemicals in the ocean got shit on by some lightning and a strand of self replicating dna proteins got all up in a little glob of oil, then replicated itself a bunch of times by splitting and two of them merged into a more complex one (they fugged)

basically all life is just the result of some drops of oil getting laid a billion years ago

1. big bang
2. earth
3. life
4. evolution
5. you

This is literally what happened and it is literally all there is to know about it. There are no holes in my theory.

Retard squirrels that were so retarded that they got sexed and then bithed an army of retards squirrels.

dont believe a single word of what these user say, shit like evolution is fucking I M P O S S I B L E
only real answer is we were created by aliens

It happens over a long ass period of time, that's all. Once you get over the unfathomably huge timescale it's really a super easy concept to grasp.

The point where evolution really blew my mind was realizing that all life is like a family tree, like literally the same thing as your family tree, except the point of divergence is way earlier. Every bug you see is your great great great ^trillion grandnephew a trillion times removed or whatever. Shits cool to think about. Or how if you lined up your dad, then your granddad, then his dad, then his dad, and did that millions of times, you would end up with different animals and shit.

The Truth about Evolution vixra.org/abs/1602.0132

The truth is that there is no way that the human genome could have evolved from a bacterial genome in the last four billion years. The natural rate of mutation, which can be measured, is too low. Evolution could have happened in theory if it had more time to occur, but the geological constraint that says the surface of the Earth only stopped being lava 4 billion years ago means that human evolution could not have happened purely via the appearance of random mutant genes randomly often.

Yeah, traits become magnified with each generation.

The features that would become its spider-like tail gave some of them an advantage when it came to capturing prey, which led to them have a better chance of survival and living to breed. Over time this trait was passed on and different variations of it came about and the best of these were selected until we arrive at the present day spider tail on the viper.

Would you say it happens over a large spectrum of time?

Since genetic information varies from generation to generation, genetic changes occur. This is extremely slow and the variations are very small. However, over the course of time, these changes gradually become greater and greater, eventually leading to a point where a subspecies is produced. This subspecies will have adaptions that change its ability to survive with the original species or other subspecies. They will migrate, go extinct, cause the original species to go extinct or cohabitate the same environment, serving a new or similar environmental niche. As this subspecies begins to survive differently than the original species, the changes become somewhat greater faster than before, until it is its own complete species.

Sometimes the changes can occur from isolation, dietary changes, environmental changes or just a consequence of genetic mutation between generations of reproduction.

Yes, and if you disagree you're a bigoted timecist piece of shit

Evolution isn't true, speciation is the result of genetic encoded adaptation.

Do brainlets really have a hard time understanding evolution?
It has to be one of the easiest things I've ever studied.
>all the neodarwinists ITT
S M H
It happens a lot of ways

Well that was an... interesting read

>(7 KB, 188x250)
>384s.jpg
>s

I'mma slap your shit, OP.

Easy answer : God

Complex answer : environmental pressure and random mutation

Ecological evolution

>no niche construction

That's not a complex answer it's a highschool biology exam answer

does it account for the changing composition of the earth atmosphere? like how there were a fuckton of methane before the great oxygenation event, the could have contributed to the mutation rates
im no expert but cambrien expolsion type mass speciation events be relevant

The mechanisms under the environmental pressures and random mutations are very complex

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Evolution can happen very fast on geologic timescale, look at the famous African cichlid example, especially when a new adaptation allows for new space to be occupied, plants and animals coming to land(which is really interesting for plants because fungi where here first and are major key) , the evolution of flight, or new space emerging. There is no uniform "rate of evolution" speciation typically happens very fast and the Darwinian assumption of gradual change over long periods of time is mostly false
No shit?

Consider eggs like in your example.
Originally, let's say the birth was straight into the world. The shitty little babies are weak and stupid, so they die pretty quick. By a random mutation, one is born with a thin bit of crap around it. This crap acts like some kinda shield, meaning it's that ever so slightly more protected than the other dumb babies. This fella survives, and reproduces, making more slightly crap encases babies. Some of them have thicker cases, others thinner. The thicker ones survive better, and reproduce. Some of these offspring have a different chemical makeup of their case, making it stronger. These survive even better. Repeat for thousands and millions of years, and it's eventually an egg

>perfection
L0Lno fgt pls

>Truth
>vixra.org
>my mind can conceive of no way
all ur limitations in one sentence

Evolution is easy to understand, but clearly you haven't understood why the brainlets are having a hard time. Look at all the anti-evo threads on sci. The creationists are proselytizing, and it's a bit of a full-court press. Since they are immune to logic and reason it is best not to respond - consider them trolls and don't feed them.

Appreciated

Animals who are statistically more likely to reproduce have more offspring. Fill in the rest with logic.

>The author thanks God for giving him this gift and
trusting him to do the right thing with it. I also
acknowledge that what it says in the Temple right now
in 2015 is that Jesus was just a man and “you people
with your 3 are wrong.”

>giraffes eat bush leaves
>some giraffes are taller than others
>female giraffes don't like giraffelets
>tall giraffes get to have sex
>giraffelets die virgins
>next giraffe generation is taller

Thank you random kind person

Mutations and natural selection are only two components of evolution. The other key element is stochastic factors, e.g. genetic drift and bottlenecks.

that's not the only way it happens

enviourment(creation-destruction)*time

No, the taller ones can eat what the short animals can't reach. Then they have energy to breed while the shorter ones starve and die.

>Darwin didn't use the modern scientific approach back in the 19th century
Really makes me ponder

Holy FUCKING shit

>low hanging fruit doesn't give energy
Keep trying to delude yourself into thinking females don't prefer taller partners, manlet

Jesus that's some serious shit

yes, and then he went to try to find a lady snake that had a tail that kind of sort of looked maybe like a spider

>it takes so long you can't comprehend it
You know, us Christians also say something similar by the lines of "God is so huge He's incomprehensible and works in mysterious ways". How long until you guys admit you're just another cult lol

but they dug up the rocks and dated them shits
like bruh

Fuck evolution, that's boring shit.

How about, where the fuck did the first single celled organism come from? The one from which all life evolved from? Or were there two first?

It's a fairly concrete fact of our natural world that life doesn't just spontaneously appear, so what the fuck?

The function that maps DNA to organism (or protein) fitness is not smooth (or usefully interpolated to a smooth surface) therefore gradient decent is not really any better than just randomly mutating.

But it's the only reasonable conclusion.

there are a few theories like the rna world hypothesis for example

who is this Simone de Monn?

Something with no Informational potential developed Informational potential and that Information resulted in countless long-standing formal variations through entropy alone.

It works. It's settled. Bitch!

>evolution is boring

>the most profound scientific fact of all time is boring

>finding the meaning of life is boring

>how did abiogenesis happen
Short answer: constrained entropy and synergetics, same way complex-adaptive (sensu living) ecological-earth systems emerged
Tip of the iceberg on long answer.
media.uoregon.edu/channel/archives/5936
Also evolution is not boring at all you massive brainlet.

This

>females prefer taller partners

>ilizarov surgery existing
Problem solved.

this is a very pretty girl

>Explain to me (a brainlet) how evolution even happens
That which endures, endures.
That which does not, does not.

Now explain to me why you uploaded a thumbnail?
It took about 10 seconds to find and download a reasonable size one with Google image search.
(can't upload because already posted here )

Genetic code mutates in every new generation and these mutations can create new features. Most new features are shit and get removed again over time either by killing the host or by disadvantaging them in sexual reproduction. But some new features are beneficial and the host with this benefit gets to survive and reproduce better than other people and so the new feature spreads around in the gene pool.

How does a species split off into several sub-species? You might ask. The answer is the separation of gene pools. Most of the time it happens geographically, like long distances between them, mountains or oceans. When two gene pools of the same species are separated and can't exchange new features anymore, then they will begin to become more distinct from another. New features accumulate and at some point the two gene pools will have become so different from another that the members of the two pools can't interbreed with members of the other pool anymore. Which fulfills the definition for them being separate species.

Evolution is the story of what happens when everything else dies.
You mistakenly turn this around in your head and make the story about what lives and why.

Evolution is NOT natural selection, that's one of the factors that influences evolution:

Genetic drift: Some individuals leave behind more descendants than the others.

Natural Selection:
1. Variation in traits, so some beetles are brown and some are green.
2. There are differences in reproduction according to these traits. green beetles get eaten by a bird for example is this.
3. Heredity, brown beetles make more brown babies due to their trait.
Result: The advantageous trait is selected for, the disadvantaged trait is selected against.

Bottleneck: Sharp decrease in population, can be random. Example is humans 160,000 years ago.

Gene flow: Transfer of alleles from one population to another. Ex: Swedish Homo Sapiens.
-------------------------------------

Selection (according to bell curve):

Disruptive: Selects against middle of graph.
Stabilizing selection: Selects towards a central value.
Sexual: Mates attract mates based on select traits
Artificial: Humans alter traits for their own purpose.