I have just graduated with an MSc degree in CompSci (please no bully) in a third world country

I have just graduated with an MSc degree in CompSci (please no bully) in a third world country.
I want to apply for PhD in schools like Toronto or CMU. How big of a chance do I have?
My GPA is 9.6/10 and I have a few papers published (granted they are shitty no-name conferences because I can't afford to go to the Europe or USA).
I also have two recommendation letters from my supervisors.
What should I do to increase my chance?
Should I take GRE or SAT (or both)?
Thanks in advance.

u of t is a good school

I know user. But I fear I don't qualify.

>CompSci
>Leaf school
>CM fucking U
Neck yourself, Pajeet.

But I'm not from India.

Literally just ask your professors to see how many alumni have been accepted at those school.

I was going to say, contact the professors at those unis but then I realised that those unis are too big and the professors too busy to give a shit about your email.

If it was a smaller less reputable school you could just contact the professor to see how well you could work together.

I asked and they don't recall anyone.
Yeah, I figured I would try to email the professors directly but I don't think they would care.

You probably should be less ambitious and just try to get into a smaller school.

It would probably be a cosier experience as well since you will be more of a top dog there.

Once you get a Ph.D it's a matter of what you publish and not where you got your Ph.D from.

Also at a smaller school you might actually get a chance at a teaching position afterwards.

Of course I will apply for smaller and less reputable schools. I just want to know more about the odds if I apply for big schools. Also, I want to know what should I do before applying to increase the chance of being accepted.

Off yourself chinkshit. Our school has enough of you people.

I don't think we can help you. When are you going to apply anyway?

Around October and November. Well, if there are any actual Toronto or CMU students around here, that would be a big help for me.

I don't think you can do it. There is no loss (except for entrance fee) if you apply for those schools. Be prepare to get reckt'd though.
These schools only accept outstanding people.

>These schools only accept outstanding people.
For undergrad and master, maybe. For PhD, you can get accepted if you are decent enough.

Why are you talking like working on a PhD is the lowest possible position in academic?

>My GPA is 9.6/10
That is incredibly high. Not even the most genius kids from my school achieve that grade.

you think someone would do that, just lie on the internet???

Your odds are, spectrumally speaking, probably not very high.

op, do not off yourself! you are nice and good and clever so pls do not off yourself

I went to CMU for phd. They were good when I started there 10 years ago, and they are better now. I'm not sure I could get in if I applied now.

Last time I checked they don't require the GRE, but you might want to take it anyway. The GRE can be a way for you to prove yourself objectively. The test isn't a perfect measure of your aptitude but it can sort of prove that you aren't just some 3rd world retard who got good grades because all his professors were also 3rd world retards because who the fuck knows what the standards are wherever you come from.

I guess there's no GRE subject test in compsci anymore. If you're going into theoretical CS then maybe take the math subject GRE.

>That is incredibly high
For you

Get back to /pol/ you fools.

someone on my college got 9.9, teachers still talk about him, would be cool to study with someone like that.

I think I will take GRE for sure.

You are going to apply in October and November right? I don't think you can do much now. Maybe write a paper? Create an open source git?