Why are bivalves not vegetarian friendly but fungi are?

why are bivalves not vegetarian friendly but fungi are?

Because funghi aren't animals.

Fungi are aliens and seen as a competetive organism to humans under the clause of itnerstellar contact

Many vagitarians are hypocrites because if they looked past the interstellar clause they would be unable to eat mushes.

but yeast has more in common with an oyster than a head of lettuce

and an oyster has more in common with yeast than a rabbit

You faggos all need to get a job

If yeast is living organisms, how do vegans eat bread? Is true veganism flatbread only?

Alright to make a serious point for this fucking thread instead of (The fact that fungi are transdimensional organisms)...

Veganism does not pertain specifically to living organisms and has more to do with ethics and quality of care in a lot of cases. For example some vegans are no animal products and tend to be more mematic. Some more dedicated vegans do eat animal products.

If an animal is treated very carefully and allowed to live a completely natural life (THis exists for cows and chickens, the eggs and milk are organic and taken very kindly, which of course makes the prices WAY higher) then most vegans who have researched their beliefs will consume that. Because of that, stuff like beef jerky that will 100% be destroyed and not consumed by anybody is morally acceptable to eat, as you are not inciting further production and (For the sake of argument youre the last person on earth) the jerky would just rot anyway.

>literally thinks veganism is like a religion and has different sects that need to "research their beliefs"
Jesus fuck just join a church already.

Im not a vegan Im giving clarification on how some of the deluded morons think ese. All the ones I knew who held such retarded beliefs outgrew it, but they still exist

It's pretty easy to understand being vegan. It's either:
A. They don't like eating meat based on their preferences, like sheer love for animals
or
B. They don't like how animals are currently treated in our industrial society (or just the industry's practices themselves, not just specifically the animal processing aspects), and protest that by limiting their animal product intake as much as possible

Option B makes little sense though.

If a person was opposed to industrialized animal raising, then wouldn't that person want to support the obvious alternative--raising animals the old fashioned non-industrial way?

You don't have to give up eating animal products to avoid factory farming. You simply have to give up certain kinds of it.

Most vegetarians haven't eaten the right kind of mushrooms to realise that vegetables have souls too.

I follow what might be called a "vegan lifestyle", in terms of diet and dress, but I don't have anything against oysters or sea sponges or other very primitive invertebrate animals (i.e., only having basic ganglia and few neurons). I don't eat them because I never really crave them, and after not eating seafood for a while, the whole idea of specifically going out and buying some clams or oysters just strikes me as rather pointless.

I tend to think our moral obligation to animals varies depending on how closely related we are to them and how complex their nervous systems are. I care more about the suffering of great apes than of foxes, and more of mammals than reptiles, and more of reptiles than fish, but more of octopi than fish, etc.

That's a pain in the ass, though. Why invest so much time and effort into raising animals when you can just buy beans instead?

1) free-range meat is a hell of a lot tastier than beans.

2) Growing beans is also a pain in the ass, so I doubt many vegans do that. They buy their food. And from personal experience I can tell you that you can indeed buy non-factory-farmed meat at lower prices than many vegan-meat-substitutes.

Because they're not Animals, retard.

I make my own seitan for

you don't need meat substitutes

and making seitan is a joy

fungus isn't a plant, retard

If you actually care about this, Peter Singer did suggest that eating oysters would be ethically acceptable.

A vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat, not someone who only eats plants, retard.

then why use the prefix "veg", retard?

You obviously spend a lot of time on the internet shitposting, or are just really fucking stupid. You should go and educate yourself instead.

Fungi moves around less so we see it as less alive.