TFW cannot do Algebra I on khanacademy

>TFW cannot do Algebra I on khanacademy

It's literally over for me, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

schoolyourself.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't worry, you can still get a degree in political sciences (and even minor in mathematical philosophy)

the mere fact that you given up and reverted to make a thread in here shows that you have no hope.

>cannot do Algebra I
Literally not possible. You can have some trouble with it if you're a brainlet but even brainlets can get through it eventually.

Maybe khan academy just isn't up your alley, try finding a new source to teach you algebra. It's never over, you can do it, user, I believe in you.

Go into business

It's pretty tough for me... I'm struggling!!!

t-thank you...

What part of algebra are you having difficulties with?

I hope this isn't a bait thread

Pretty much everything

Just poppin on in to say i stank at algebra at first but once I got to calculus it all made sense. I use linear algebra and calculus all the time now. So don't worry lil baby bird you can still spread your wings and fly.

examples?

(you)

What problem are stuck on?

I know how frustrating that shit gets, but you got to keep trying and you'll get it.

Not everyone finds algebra easy. I have do hyperbolic geometry just fine and mentally rotate hugely complex objects, but god help me if I have to solve for x.

It's certainly not over. I'll always need someone to put my fries in the little holder, friend. You're doing God's work.

lol this.

OP you just gotta memorize the steps. you know how to do PEMDAS. practice your fractions.

You should know that algebra is one of the hardest things in math to learn for the first time

Im taking calc now and its nowhere near as bad

>Algebra is one of the hardest things in math to learn for the first time
>Algebra
>Hardest thing in math

This

Algebra at first can be pretty mind boggling because it's your first glimpse at pure abstraction.

Once you're past it all it becomes much simpler, calculus is just applications of algebra.

Is it just me or is this thread really positive for Veeky Forums?

Almost as if Veeky Forums is a spectrum...

Try replacing the algebra with numbers to see that it's true. It might help you intuitively understand algebra better.

x * x = x^2?
Well 3*3 = 3^2 = 9
Why do we add exponents when multiplying the same base?

>2^2 * 2^2 = 2^4 = 16
>(2*2)* (2*2) = 16

solve for x or I give you the sex

Sci is a nice, helpful board if you stay away from the politics. It's not a very large board. Super active boards are usually shit

Just remember to put unknowns on one side and known values on the other.

This, just motivate yourself.
There is nothing here beyond your understanding

>TFW taught my self math up to calculus
It just takes time OP.

Op here. Thank you everyone.

I'm going to stop coming on Veeky Forums and instead dedicate that time to learning Math (and then programming).

I just realised that if I spent even 1/3rd of the time I spent on Veeky Forums on learning id be practically a genius!

how long it took ?

go on other websites khan sucks

It's probably over desu

Basically this:
For example in the beginning a lot of people confuse a^2+b^2 and (a+b)^2
But if you put in the numbers
(2+3)^2=25
2^2+3^2=4+9=13
This is something I always do if I think I might be doing something that's not mathematically correct.

I'd say so. I mean, if you can tie you shoelace or understand the concept of not filling your bath until it overflows, you can do algebra 1, its not hard.

You can learn it OP, just dedicate the time to it. A couple years ago I couldn't do shit with fractions or factor at all and right now I'm in engineering taking calc.

Recommend some other than Khan

Literally the solution to half these fucking threads.

>Recommend some other than Khan
go to a library and get a fucking book

>This is something I always do if I think I might be doing something that's not mathematically correct.
yeah me too. its a good way to check plausability.

also i use really simple examples i make up myself to better understand a theorem i just learned

OP what you need the most is (love) Professor Leonard, and math.lamar.edu

schoolyourself.org

better than khan academy for math.