Read/Expected/Got

ITT - One of these:

>What I Got
>Mad Men Series Finale

I need to read this book

Do you guys only post your own OC?

Expected: A visceral description of addiction and depression.

Got: A matter-of-fact description of alcoholism and morphine addiction.

Was just about to start reading this, not sure how I feel about seeing this

reddit pls go

It's very good, Thoreau was a genius.

usually these make the book seem worse but this made me want to read this more

>tfw too dumb for JR
Shit is like trying to solve a puzzle while high

accurate

OC 1/2

OC 2/2

accurate

To be fair, it's both panels in the best possible way.

This.

I think Naked Lunch is my single least favorite book I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

Accurate. Kafka is hilarious. I hate how people act like his work is all dark and brooding and depressing. It's some of the best humorous literature anywhere.

Yeah, that's what I was sorta going for. I wasn't sure what to expect before I started. I had heard it was difficult and knew that it was about an eleven year old starting a paper empire. It's way, way, way fucking more than that. Superb book.

Yeah, I realized that as I was putting it together. No synopsis could do the book justice. The book pretty much eliminated my expectations within 50 pages.

I thought this too the first time I read it but it's grown on me on rereads. The first time it was simply gross, seemed only intent on shocking, I was completely lost on Burroughs' sense of humor and satirical vision of the world.

found the pleb

So much son eating

I know this thread is all about meta ironic sub giga irony and all, and I haven't even read any Lovecraft, but shit like "ancient terror" and "unfathomable madness" thoroughly tickles my pickle no lie.

needs a pic of walter benjamin

True facts.

he's really good desu

i wante toe rapee thise slute

This. His fiction can be broken down into:

>I saw something spooky
>It's so spooky I can't even describe it
>I'm crazy now

He has a couple of winners - I really like Doom Came to Sarnath because he's very creative with his fantasy world - but for the most part he's horrendously samey.

Couldn't give a shit about the racism though. It was the 1800's and people weren't crazy-PC like they are now.

opposite for me desu

kafka himself is a pleb. apparently he would keep his neighbours up with his laughter over his own writings

Brilliant ending.

How is Kuro related to For Whom the Bell Tolls?

If I'm totally into that trans dimensional primeval unspeakable madness/evil/torment type theme I see memed a lot what would you rec starting with?

Maria was described as a young gypsy girl and for whatever reason it got in my head that she looked like a brown loli

Start with The Festival and then read The Colour Out of Space and The Call of Cthulhu,

So it was boring? Why did you expect a man with a tractor?

The metamorphosis was pretty depressing. The things you mentioned aren't mutually exclusive

>Couldn't give a shit about the racism though
You should see what the SJWs have done to him and his works. Pretty gruesome to be honest.

Same. The first time I picked up the Metamorphosis I was confused by all the wacky hijinks. Same with A Good Man is Hard to Find by O'Conner.

>It was the 1800's

Then you should fuck off back to plebbit

So I should read this? Or is it a meme?

I don't know what about being transformed into a giant cockroach and frightening/burdening your family is hilarious.

I'm just glad that you decided to put some effort in your criticism of Lovecraft instead of just saying adjectives and nigger a whole bunch.

I actually laughed

Seriously.

They've gone so far, they made me agree with a POO.

Why does Joshi have to be so based?

He said Kafka though.
The Castle has many hilarious scenes.

>frightening/burdening your family
It's funny because it's true

Fun fact, Kafka use to read his work to a friend, and often couldn't continue because he was laughing too hard.

Yeahhh, that's what I honestly guessed. Kafka's prose closely resembles someone who's reached their limit with non-straightforwardness, an approach to psychosis that manifests in a hate towards ambiguity and, even up against the existential wall, demands some kind of originality for oneself to cope. And, just, "holy shit I'm a beetle" summarizes that so well, it's hilarious because he should be hysterical but is probably so fed up with his own brain that's all he can cough up. I mean, I only say this as a schizoid who's writing habits and thought patterns aren't far off and I laugh my ass off every word I write.

wut?

There's nothing really to "solve". It's artistic satire of contemporary society.