What was the best steak you've ever had? where was it from?

what was the best steak you've ever had? where was it from?

BLT steak house in White Plains, NY. Its about a half hour away from NYC. Best quality steak. (I get it as rare as possible)

Hey my brother used to live right around the corner from there

Though the real reason to go is the wine, of course.

some random place in Puerto IguazĂș, Argentina about a decade ago. i have no idea the name of the restaurant, it was just some tiny place that we stopped into for dinner.

The most memorable for me was when my dad had a business conference in Chicago around my 19th birthday and he took me with him. I was studying architecture at the time, and I was also learning film photography and serious cooking, so looking back it was a pretty influential time for me. I had a dry aged delmonico, cooked au poivre, while next to the window looking out onto the river at night at the Cicago Cut Steakhouse. Afterwords I remember dragging my dad around the city trying to take nighttime shots of the skyline while going to a couple of bars. I still love the delmonico steak cut, even if I know now that it's considered wasteful and expensive by butchers.

Always a nice experience at the Angus.

Me. flatiron steak, medium rare, with some nice browning on outside, salt and pepper. yum

This
>french onion soup is dank
>decor is kind of tacky but really cool
>the wine tour is insane
>it's really not that expensive for great quality food

One of my coworkers raves about Peter Luger as he's an older jewish guy from Brooklyn.

Has anyone here ever been? Is it worth the hype? I'm from NY but have never been.

>asking Veeky Forums whether you should trust a jew

The steak is great, but the wine list is straight out of the late 80s. If that kind of kitsch is "authentic period charm" then you might get a kick out of it but I order the steak to go with the wine, not the other way around. I'd rather just go to Babbo and save myself the trip to Brooklyn.

You are going to get a perfectly cooked, aged, tender steak. It is what it is.

(((They))) don't take credit cards. Cash only.

>he's an older jewish guy

Oh, do tell.

Flat iron and all those steaks from that area are not as good as people make them out to be. Sure they're tender but no flavor.

The steak my Grandfather used to cook.

LGs Steakhouse in Palm Springs CA was pretty damn good

I was there once like 5 years ago, but it was fantastic and I would definitely go back in a heartbeat.

ones that i make at home

Best steak I had was on kebabs in this random hole in the wall in Soledad, Venezuela. Sounds pretentious but I'm just sad that the only thing they have the menu now is rat.

Like everyone else said its a fantastic steak. Been going there for years now and the first time I went it was unreal. Get the bacon appetizer and the Strudel for dessert.

My dad took my brother and I to Morton's to celebrate me starting my business. It was pretty good. I started with the lobster bisque. Then I ordered the garlic whipped potatoes with a shit ton of butter....yuuuuuuuuuummy. The filet was mighty fine...for a filet.

pass by there few times. that place is gud bro?

Yea it's amazing! Their steak Tartare is phenomenal

My dad's grill

Most restaurant food is shit desu, including and often expensive places

I was in Butte, Montana with the Now Missus (she was soon-to-be-asked-to-be-the-Missus). Valentine's Day, 2014. Little fancy place called Lydia's. It was the fanciest I could get at the time at least. She order's the Parmesan Crusted Halibut. I get the Surf and Turf. A 6 ounce sirloin and shrimp, with tons of appetizers and shit. The appetizers were okay, raviolis were cold and the salami and cheese was a little... I dunno. Gamey? Sweaty? Whatever. So I'm not super excited about my steak, to say the least.

FFS man. I could not have been wrong. Medium-Rare, soft and juicy, just a perfect crust on it. I wept tears of joy. Literally. Call me a bitch or whatever, but damn, if that wasn't the best thing I've eaten in a public restaurant, may I be struck by cold pizza in the coldest of dicks.

>Pic of my reaction when I ate it.

Bateau in Seattle, followed by Tajima Kobe beef, the most prized Wagyu, in Tokyo at a restaurant I have no name for with 8 seats.

Pic is the Tajima beef. all that shine is marbling.

this is by far the most reddit response I have ever seen concerning food, congrats.
I hate you and I wish food poisoning upon you. Cheers!

St.Elmos in Indianapolis
>rare cowboy cut porterhouse >shrimp cocktail

Dude fucking kill yourself

does your wife have boobs?

unironically this
was an American wagyu eye wrapped in some kinda fancy pork

I've been there a few times. I liked it a lot, but I haven't been to enough expensive steakhouse type places to make a fair comparison.

Best at a restaurant was the Filet de Boeuf Nature at Antoine's in New Orleans

Best overall was some random ribeye I grilled that just so happened to turn out just right, happens every now and again

Mortons is trash. Ruths chris is a much better mass market chain.

Churchills Steak House in Spokane, WA.

Blew away Gibsons in Chicago for me

Gtfo. Forever. Just leave.

Great steaks.

It's in the middle of niggertown though.

>in the middle of niggertown

And just precisely, where isn't?

Some place in Napa. Forgot the name.

24oz Tomahawk Ribeye cooked medium rare at a local chain called Tripp's. Our local branch closed for a pleb sports bar, but there are a few more.

You have to go the fuck back.