How do we stop the foreign takeover of our groceries?

How do we stop the foreign takeover of our groceries?

We need to make our neighborhood grocers great again.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/walterloeb/2017/03/15/lidls-worrisome-invasion-plans-for-the-u-s-a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just buy stuff from the grocers you want to keep around. It's not fucking hard.

Or you can just go to Walmart, and save money, and live better.

We do not resist. Germans run every thing better than us anyway.

But they also got rid of (((them))) and are full of mudslimes

how does that work

They came back

You better not stop them, asshole! I fucking love that place!

why do i need a quarter to use their shopping cart though?

Presumably so homeless people don't take them
Also you get your quarter back so why are you even complaining

To make sure that you bring them back. Saves workforce needed to maintain the shop, thus making stuff cheaper.

>a quarter

Why do americans call it this? In first world countries we simply say "25 cents"

Anyway, the Aldi trolley's (carts for you fatties) only take $1 or $2 coins.

Do Americans really care so much about 25c that they'd be willing to return their trolley to the bay for FUCKING TWENTY FIVE CENTS?

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE

Yeah I know 3rd world blah blah blah but seriously? Fat americans will do the right thing for 25 cents?

I thought americans would need to insert a big mac into the Aldi trolleys in order to get them back, or at least have a note reader to accept $5

I don't go to Aldi, I don't use shopping carts, and I don't generally carry coins or notes because credit cards are safer and literally give me free money

Why is a person who willfully shops at a third world store complaining about "third world" anything?

I'm not sure. I am from a first world country and generally use android pay for 99% of my needs. I do need a trolley when I'm buying bulk groceries, but that doesn't occur at Aldi so the trolley is always chain/change free, because trolleys are free at decent supermarkets.

>I go to Aldi
>I am from a first world country
Pick one

>Why is a person who willfully shops at a third world store complaining about "third world" anything?

We are talking about Aldi not Wal-Mart

So, a small poor people store instead of a large one?

Cause you can have 25 cents and it isn't a quarter fucking eurofaggot

Its so white people actually return them to the cart stand and they don't have to hire someone to go around collecting carts

Aldi is great.

Especially their deli selection.

Now repeat after me:

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Because it's a quarter of a dollar, the only currency that actually matters, you faggot.

And they're called carts because it comes from the Latin word carrus, meaning a fucking cart.

Kroger is the 3rd largest retailer in the world.

Natural progression for American supermarkets is globalized super stores like Walmart and Aldi.

But, they still need to be supplemented with small specialty stores. Bakeries, butchers/meat markets, farmers markets, etc. There's absolutely room for both, just not the supermarket in between.

remove walmart

if you've ever been to a city there are dozens of carts sitting around bus depots near stores, or people just steal them

the people that do this care about 25 cents

It's too late. Aldi's big home country rival is coming to the US as well.
forbes.com/sites/walterloeb/2017/03/15/lidls-worrisome-invasion-plans-for-the-u-s-a/

>2000 stores in 3 years
How are they going to pull that off?

Here in Bong, the "Big Four" supermarkets killed local shops long before Aldi & Lidl were on the scene.

In non-Bong Europe Lidl & Aldi tend to peacefully co-exist with small shops (not all countries; Carrefour in France is also huge).

first they'll build roads and then they'll invade oregon first

stores in 3 years
>How are they going to pull that off?

Same as they did in the UK: their stores are all built the same, and are cheap & very quick to build. So once they have a contractor in each location, they can knock them out like sheds.

Staff are easy because they tend to pay well and have great benefits (I'm assuming this is the same in the US; I think I've heard that it is.)

"local shops" are shit anyway

i want the convenience, low prices and familiar brands of a major corporation

a quarter for all that metal is pretty cheap though. just take it home with you.

Depends; I have an *excellent* corner shop. It's far easier to use it for things like beer & cider, and "Shit I need more eggs" than it is to get in the car and drive all the way to Asda. You pay extra but that's the convenience aspect.

Although yeah, most local paki shops are shit.

Anything paki is shit

A Brit had to explain it to me but it's just to help encourage people to not leave their carts in the parking lot, they bring the cart back or they can't get their quarter. I guess it saves an employee.

the coin for 25 cents is literally called a quarter

>I guess it saves an employee.

That is in fact precisely the reason for it. It also discourages theft (carts are expensive yo). All of which helps keep costs low.

I alternate shopping between Aldi and Meijer. Quality is good, prices are low. If you're trying to stay fit, can't beat the protein prices.

OBSESSED

also ive never seen one of those coin return cart things and ive been all over the US except the north east. maybe its a jew york thing or something.

Not where I live.

>Great butcher that costs less than supermarket
>Bakery with cheap bread that's literally the best I've ever had.
>Greengrocers cheap and widely stocked.

I still go to supermarkets for other stuff, but these shops are great.

Hardly discourages it if you're only spending a quarter. Aldis tend to be located in such out of the way places that a homeless dude stealing a cart is not likely to happen at all, unless they're pushing it 5 miles back to their support network.
Never seen an ald cart in the possession of a homeless person myself.
I'm the type of person that values a quarter far more than the noisiest, shittiest carts in existance. Aldi is fucking annoying to go into because it sounds like an industrial workshop, bringing their wrecked carts home is asinine.

You're a lucky man. I have a greengrocer and fishmonger within two miles of me, and used to have a (great) butcher until his shop burned down and never re-opened.

It works in Europe where it's €1 (or £1). The best they could do in the USA was 25c because you're all insane and refuse to use coins of a sensible denomination.

Stuff over here isn't jacked up to obscene prices like Europe. We don't need larger coins.

Do I technically own the shopping cart after paying the quarter (or "25 cents" as that faggot suggests we say)?

Do you technically own a car after putting a key into the ignition?

what is a security deposit?

That's aa good question. I mean you paid for it but I'm sure a Jewish lawyer would say you were entering into a contract with the company by giving them a quarter as collateral until you returned their cart. But I'm not sure.
I'd say you own it, as much as you own the shit that comes out of a quarter machine after you pay for it.

>Jewish lawyer
Go back to /pol/.

I hope my local grocery store owners go to hell. The place looks exactly how it did in the 80s and has Alaska tier prices because they run a monopoly on a small town that is filled with a bunch of people too poor to drive 15 minutes to the next city.

That doesn't even make sense. You're just attached to the dollar note too much despite the fact that it's not worth anything so doesn't need to be a banknote. It's not 1920 anymore.

How doesn't it make sense? Some things are still cheap enough to be paid for in denominations of change that are less than a dollar.

What does having banknotes as currency have to do with whether we still use quarter dollars or not?

>muh federal reserve

I want paultards to leave.

so /pol/ is the only place you hear jew jokes and how lawyers are usually jews? you must not go outside much. You know you have to be over 18 to post here, right?

Why does it have to be a Jewish lawyer? Why not a black, or a woman? You're just commenting on a hypothetical situation. Why not just say "lawyer"? Why do you have to go on the attack against any minority? It's a worksafe board.

Hey fuck you, after living in cash heavy Japan and the largest coin being nearly 5 bucks and the smallest bill being nearly 10 bucks coins are garbage. It sucks having to go out every day laden with coins, that are prone to dropping and rolling off the counter.

They're slower to count out, even if you use some kind of system of wallet pouch and keeping various denominations in various pockets. Large denomination coins are simply garbage. I swear the only people that can justifiably like them are arcade\vending machine operators and the jerks at the jerks at the minting office.

I don't hang around a bunch of racists people so literally the only time I hear jew jokes is from /pol/tards

>only racists make racial jokes

looooooool jews tell me jew jokes all the fucking time

>I have a black friend, so its cool for me to say the n word

/pol/, everyone.

>strawman strawman strawman

no arguments, everyone. stay eternally triggered over ~nothing~ inverse /pol/

I did present my argument by showing you another situation in which you could say the same thing. I've yet to see your argument as to why it's okay for you to stereotype a "Jewish lawyer" when you could've just said "lawyer".

>the n word
Nigger. "The n word" is nigger. If you're referring to the word nigger, say nigger. If you're referring to a person as a nigger you should neck yourself, but the word is a word. You can refer to the word with the word and not anxious tiptoeing. You have no problem saying cracker, even if you wouldn't call someone by the epithet.

Its his excuse for being a failure.
If you racialize everything its ok that he isn't a lawyer because he isn't Jewish.

>If you're referring to a person as a nigger you should neck yourself
kys nigger

You have a choice. Not using the word doesn't make you afraid of it, it makes you respectful. Why would I use any word that disparages anyone as an individual when in reality we should all strive for meritocracy?

I disagree with you. I don't know your color, religion, politics, etc. But I'm not about to throw around words to diminish the conversation. We may never change one anothers mind, but I don't view you as stupid or backward. I view you as different, and there isn't anything wrong with opening up a dialogue.

i want reddit to leave

you are such an unbearable faggot. is your fedora on too tight? go suck nigger dick somewhere else

Not him, but most of the racial references on Veeky Forums are done ironically unlike /pol/. Occasionally, of course, a /pol/tard sturmdrumpfer pops up who takes the shit seriously. No one pays them much mind other than sometimes pointing them the way back to their containment board.

No, I literally meant Jewish lawyers with grubby hands and crooked noses. Shut the fuck up guys. I never went to that garbage board.

I know. Just trolling him, but it turned into me making a point. Say nigger, fag, etc. all the time. Just trying to tackle the opposite arguments to broaden my worldview.

FUCK ALBERTSONS

>cartfags
fuck you if you do this

Watch the language, young man.

they put in an aldis near me but its right next to like four other supermarkets including a huge market basket. seems like a mistake.

No one likes a lazy cunt and let's be honest, there are enough lazy cunts out there already. If this carrot and the stick method works for cunts out there, so fucking be it.

Get a passport fuckwit

Aldi is a lot different in other countries, it's a disgusting shithole in America, I've been there. Nothing like Aldi in other parts, which are quite upmarket. At least if you don't have a passport because you're too poor to travel, you can google it

>eurofaggot

Why do americans automatically assume everyone who disagrees with them in European? Fuck. I've visited Europe before but I certainly don't live there.

> It's so white people
Woah, Woah, Woah slow down there brownie.

> A quarter probably comes from the Dutch language, back when we still had Guldens we used to say a kwartje, lots of the dutch language git sticked with Americans, from sayings to these little things.

>M M M MUH H H HERATIGE

Fuck off, stop trying. Just stop.

it's us kraut's answer to Walmart!
EAT GERMAN QUALITY!
SUCK IT! UNTIL YOU LOVE IT!

Aldi is great. All "local"shops are Asian owned which doesnt bother me but they certainty arent traditional local shops like i grew up with.

Aldi is cheap af and the stores are small enough yet still sell everyrhing i need in a big shop. Cheap too.

I'm actually Dutch, not American dumb leafposter.

Sorry for assuming you were a fat person. I'm not American or European.

krautengineers already thought about that
pic related. the cart blocks a wheel when it leaves the compund

should just make them self destruct

>Welcome to Aldi, please take a complimentary explosive neck brace.

>Cognitive Dissonance of a Poorfag, the post

I fucking miss based Rainbow foods. Cub is overpriced as fuck and has the worst line and selection of foods

>essential everyday
>bread is fucking stale
>cheese is plastic and bitter
>dairy spoils quickly

the Rainbow foods in hometown got taken out in favor of a damn HyVee.

>79 cent eggs
>$1.19 milk

I will never stop the gains

As fat and lazy as americans are, how does getting 15 cents back after returning a trolley actually work? I mean shouldn't it be $2 or something fatties actually think is worth that little extra walk to return the trolley and walk back to the car?

25 cents is nothing, in first world countries if we see that much on the ground we don't even bother to stop and pick it up.

25c*

>trolley in lieu of shopping cart

Know how I know you're britbong? Not because you said trolley in this instance, but because half your lexicon sounds like nursemaid talk.

>the cart blocks a wheel when it leaves the compund

tip it over and drag the fucking thing kek

I'm not from the UK at all, you're wrong.