Watch an interview of an author

>watch an interview of an author
>discover he has a high-pitched voice and an unpleasant, frail appearance
>instantly feel as though his ideas are discredited in my eyes
Even realizing this thought process and treating it as a bias to be expunged doesn't help, I always notice myself feeling a subconscious contempt towards ugly authors. On the other hand, I'm immediately relieved if an author I like turns out to be good-looking.

Are we all just slaves to aesthetics and bio-deterministic markers of genetic quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DPAZQ6mhRcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. I mean, Houellebecq looks like a misshapen potato in a wig and he's intellectually interesting - why would you care?

>Hulahoop is interesting
How exactly is he interesting

He looked normal before he started killing himself with drugs, drinking, and smoking, it's different.

He's very zeitgeist-y, Soumission talks about how Islam is influencing Europe/disillusionment with modern culture from a fairly ambiguous (i.e. non-didactic) viewpoint. Always something to argue about in Houellebecq threads.

>why would you care?

Did you even read his post?

>how Islam is influencing Europe
Shocking revelation.

Does he have anything interesting to say?

"YOU'RE A WIZARD HARRY" Hahahaha

Seeing Corncob blubbering like a faggot on Oprah nearly made me quit him all together.

This happened with Nabokov and Capote for me. I had only read In Cold Blood at the time and I thought Capote was some masculine patrician John Grisham who was maybe a closeted gay because of those loving descriptions of Perry. Turns out, superfaggot primus

>listen to interview with Plath
>expect soft, sweet voice
>instead sounds like an old, upper class southern woman
okay

No, just you.

Nabokov was the opposite for me. Expected a grumpy old man, got a fellow with a sense of humor and a love for art.

Different user: I think so. It's less bitching about Islam (as /pol/tards would have you think), and more about how European culture has become weak from the brand of commonly accepted "progressive" ideologies from the 60s onward ie the sexual revolution created a new kind of isolation

Nabokov was a cutie. Would be pampered by him/10

No you're just shallow. Being unable to look past physical appearance to accept or discredit ideas on their own merit is the mark of the weakest of plebs.

I'm terrible in that I'm more likely to read a female author if she was really hot like Lipsector, Gowdy, Plath.

youtu.be/DPAZQ6mhRcU
Mishima always make me moist

Happened to me with Ellroy. Are we all secretly fags because we like Veeky Forums? Upon attaining success will we become somehow faggier?

>ywn be famous enough to date Alexandra Kleeman
>ywn tune out and gaze deep into her eyes as she prattles on in endless MFA talk while the cold, cold world freezes outside the restaurant windows

>people judge people based on their appearances
whoa... really makes u think

It's not really his fault, Oprah is just a boring person who asks trite questions, neither her nor her audience wants McCarthy to do more than "where do ur ideas come from??" type noodling, what can he do?