I have a question, Veeky Forumsfellas: I already know that the approximate acceleration of gravity is 9,8 m/s^2...

I have a question, Veeky Forumsfellas: I already know that the approximate acceleration of gravity is 9,8 m/s^2... but why? What's the inner mechanics of gravity?

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=G*(mass of the earth)/(radius of the earth)^2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The inner mechanics of gravity remains unknown.

Gravity is only 9.81m/s^2 on Earth and also varies from place to place.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=G*(mass of the earth)/(radius of the earth)^2

>acceleration of gravity is 9,8 m/s^2... but why
Because Earth has the right mass and radius for the force of gravity to cause a 9.81m/s^2 acceleration.

Gravity is not that strong everywhere. On Mars its about 3m/s^2.

>9,8 m/s^2... but why?
because GM/R^2

so would you say gravity is a spectrum?

The spectrum of spacetime.

ow meeeeen

It varies depending on mass and radius

what is spacetime?

that acceleration is due to the distance from earth's center of gravity near the surface, if you go out into space it decreases, and if you managed to dig deep into the mantle it would increase

A spectrum of space and time

But why wouldn't the mass you pass help pull you back?

What are you babbling about?

If mass is the cause of gravity wouldn't going towards the center cause you to be pulled in all directions since a ton of mass is all around you?

nye

>wouldn't going towards the center cause you to be pulled in all directions since a ton of mass is all around you?
It would. This guy is retarded. If the earth was a perfect homogeneous sphere, there'd be no net gravitational force at the center since the forces would cancel out. If I recall correctly, if you dig a theoretical mine shaft that goes to the center of the planet, gravity will increase a bit first then decrease to near zero at the center. I think this is because of the lower density of the earth's crust compared to inner sections.

omg

Nice

Yes, you are right. In the middle you would float

Does gravity push or pull Veeky Forums
How are g waves possible? I know they're made by two huge masses colliding. I don't know why it causes spacetime to ripple though.

SpecTRUM
TRUMp
Coincidence??