If sexuality is a spectrum, which genders scientifically exists between XX and XY ? :^

If sexuality is a spectrum, which genders scientifically exists between XX and XY ? :^\

Other urls found in this thread:

genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender/
ageofshitlords.com/list-of-all-tumblr-genders-so-far
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(XX + XY) / 2

Gender not sex.

XXY

Sex not love.

Sexuality does not have to do with the number or type of chromosomes.

However there exist individuals who are X, XXY, XXX, XYY

Also a translocation of the SRY gene during meiosis can result in individuals who are XX but have a penis and testes or XY and lack a penis

What's the domain of the spectrum?

there are XXY, ZXZ, YXAZ, WWE and many others.
you gotta learn some sciense from the """sciense""" guy user.

needed to be first post so i could call it the best

XX, XY XXY, ZXZ, YXAZ, WWE, IYAZ, JAYZ, G-EAZY, YEEZY, EAZY-E, ET, ICE-T, RUN-DMC.

Don't forget AH-64

Kek, my sides.

>genetic failures
Ok.

These are abnormal defects though and these defects cause people two only ever be a mix of two sexes

klinefelter syndrome (XXY)

Turner Syndrome (female missing part/all of one X)

There is only one sex. XX doesn't really count, it's a degenerate anomaly that never develops any sex organs

If OP's imagination existed, how much would it weigh?

I don't know how you would prove a social construct exists, like how would you prove men as the term is used existed rather than just anatomical males? I suppose that, if we assumed gender matches sex most of the time, we could observe animals for behaviors that heavily correlated with sex, and if an animal's behavior showed no preference we could assign it to a third indeterminate gender. Or I guess people would just say that animal was sick, but if it is able to move around and eat and socialize with other animals this 'sickness' doesn't seem like much of a problem.

androgen insensitivity
>I would consider them female

This is a meme but interesting to discuss nonetheless.

At what point do we consider the deviations from XX and XY legitimate 'entries' on the spectrum? I find it difficult to refer to biological sex as a spectrum, but XX and XY are not the only genotypes that exist, disordered as they may be.

You forgot YYZ

>syndrome

All other genotypes are literally mistakes but even so see Androgen insensitivity is when the SRY gene is never activated and a genetically male (XY) person develops (largely) as a female. He/She/It just doesn't have a working vagina.

I don't think we should be identifying with our genetic aberrations (if this movement is even about that).

What I'm trying to say is the key thing is the presence of an active SRY gene should determine gender (male if there is one).

The only time when it would be truly ambiguous is when an SRY gene is translocated onto an X chromosome and then is activated in a genotypically female person.

Those cases are probably extremely rare and also probably generally turn out to be more or less phenotypically female (on account of the lack of Y genes).

>Androgen insensitivity is when the SRY gene is never activated and a genetically male (XY) person develops (largely) as a female. He/She/It just doesn't have a working vagina.

aw fuck that's wrong disregard everything I said

Sex = biology
Gender = partially sex-derived dichotomic notions of masculinity and femininity
Sexuality, is more complicated than these two and draws from both of them, as well as a multitude of other factors.

You could potentially have more genders, if a gender (characteristics, social role, stereotypes, etc) reoccurs enough and becomes widely acknowledged as a thing, then it is a gender. Masculine and feminine only exist due to their permanence in (almost) every culture, though they obviously appear very differently, even in the same countries, just in different centuries. Though stemming from biology, the notions evolve in all sorts of ways. Such drastic evolution occurred even when we were simple creatures living in groupings of families, with no agriculture or wider societies. As such it is very removed from sex.

A mix of two colors of paint can result in an infinite amount of colors

how is gender any different than your favourite ice cream flavor then?

>infinite
Infinity doesn't exist in the real world, my man. Very large, yes. Infinite, no.

But only mixing two specific ones result in an offspring. So by manipulating people away from that, you are purposefully trying to get them to stop having kids.

My taxes paid for your fucking sociology course bullshit. Do me a favor and neck yourself so I don't have to foot your medical bills too.

Not him but your taxes also paid for neets to shit post on a Chinese image board site too.

With that in mind either keep on topic or fuck off to a thread you actually care about.

Klinefelter'a syndrome?

Really makes you think

How indeed
>but vanilla and chocolate are the only ice cream flavours that exist
>if you have a penis you eat vanilla, if you have a vagina you eat chocolate
>today's vanilla isn't nearly vanilla-y enough, not like vanilla back in my day, back then vanilla knew how to be vanilla
>I heard some people with penises have been eating chocolate and some people with vaginas have been eating vanilla, fucking degenerates
>and someone was talking about something called 'strawberry'
>news flash: there's only two flavours and the one you're going to eat is decided at birth

well there are some shitty ass XXY genders that is pretty much male with an extra X chromosome

gender should be defined as androgen sensitivity + active sry gene
>if you have both, you're male
>everything else is female

here's my reasoning:
female is the default gender, having just one X chromosome without another sex chromosome will make you female
therefore if you have the capacity to even partially be male you count as male (ie. partial androgen insensitivity syndrome)

there may be other genetic conditions that blur the line but from what I've seen changes in sex chromosome count (ie not XX or XY) always end up with a person that's phenotypically male or female

this is still male unless the SRY gene is fucked up

And if it's nothing more than a sexual preference with nothing to do with our biological components, why the fuck do you even talk about it on Veeky Forums ? Should I make threads about my favourite flavor of ice cream and claim it's a scientific thread?

Gender garbage belongs to just as ice cream flavor discussions belong to

[math]\alpha | X Y \rangle + \beta | X X \rangle[/math] whereas [math]\langle X Y | X X \rangle = \langle X X | X Y \rangle = 0 [/math] and [math]\langle X X | X X \rangle = \langle Y Y | Y Y \rangle = 1 [/math].

>sex = gender

ok

decided by who? :^)

>cut off your penis if you're a male

ok

>replaces it with a puss if you don't feel you are a male
>actually cares what other people do with themselves

ok

They are irrational so it's an uncountable set.

genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender/

Educate yourself.

>if you don't feel you are a male it means you have to chop your dick off
>actually tries to manipulate other people to mutilate themselves and kill their family tree

ok

>never said you had to chop your dick off
>some people do it because they want to
>lets people make their own decisions because no jurisdiction is held over them

ok

>ignore your natural biological components guys
>here's an inexistant spectrum full of made up labels you can select from where anything except for being male ends up with permanent castration.

k

god you're fucking autistic

>hurr durr someone who isn't mentally male doesnt want a dick = castration

>ZYZZ never made it
What did he mean by this

????

>assburgers

Is mayonnaise a gender?

>mentally male

>if sexuality is a spectrum

Mental cases. All of them

dook dook dook

It's not that mayonnaise is a gender, but more that the gender of any one mayonnaise is not going to be binary, just like with all other animals.

>mentally male

if testosterone is good, why are all the high-test populations violent, depraved savages

>cultural decline, poverty, religious extremism, economic status and political forces don't exist guise
>its all because of ure dick!

>If sexuality is a spectrum, which genders scientifically exists between XX and XY ?
[math]X(aX+bY)[/math] with [math]a,b\in\mathbb{R}[/math]

It's [math]X((a + bi)X + (c + di)Y)[/math], you binarynormative bigot.

Aggression is a good thing faggot. If not, you would be cucked like Japan by the United States or Germany by the Mudslimes.

>le all science needs to be based on objective truth, with no room for morality, social policy, progress meme
*tips*

Because that's not science, that's LITERALLY tumblr, reddit, and /co/

This is all getting a little too complex for me

>science shouldn't be based on objective truth.
SJWtard """science""" ladies and gentleman

>specifically asked for what's "between" XX and XY
>not using convex combination

XX-XXY-XYY-X-Y-XY

people who are unironic about that stuff should be holocausted desu

X+(1-s)*X+s*Y
With s the sex spectrum factor a real between 0 and 1
s = 0 | 1 if the person is a CIS gender scumlord

>0 means woman

Dont people with Kleinfelters still identify as male or female since male and female characteristics still become apparent throughout development.

>what are continuous variables vs discrete variables

Your sex chromosomes aren't paint, they're a program that sets the value of the 2 variables to either X or Y. A bug in the program isn't a feature

>implying genderspace is convex
come on, user, it's 2017

Where can I find a gender in reality that isn't XX or XY ?

A spectrum is just a generalization of the set of eigenvalues, for infinite dimensional operators.

There is no reason why a spectrum cant have exactly 2 values.

>It's still male except when it's not
Same could be said for all humans. Guess we can conclude there exists only one gender?

And XYY, XXYY, ... XXXXXXYY

They are closer to male than female. Any sex can identify as any gender but that won't change the chromosomes.

That doesn't cover combinations like XXY, and also results in non-normalized chromosome terms. I'd personally start with

[eqn]G = X + \displaystyle\sum_{n=1}^\infty A_n\left(X\cos\phi_n + Y\sin\phi_n \right)
[/eqn]

and generalize it somehow to take care of otherkin and the like.

Pls help. I'm confused now. What is my gender? How do I find out? Which scientific tests can I conduct?

Tranny.

ageofshitlords.com/list-of-all-tumblr-genders-so-far

There's basically only two genders aren't there?
For example when looking at a sexual dynamic, there are usually two people involved and one is the one giving it, and the other is taking it. Therefore a submissive person is a female gender and a dominant person is male.

>What is my gender?
It's what you're feeling like today.

There are 3 genders. He, she, it.

ok

Our current population is large enough to support itself even if people choose not to produce offspring. Why should it matter if someone either
1. Does not acquire a mate (includes a decent portion of Veeky Forums)
2. Acquires a mate that is infertile
3. Acquires a mate of the same gender (you can think of it as a close friendship with sex if you like)
4. Chooses to become infertile (hormone replacement therapy/ "tying their tubes"/ whatever)
+Does not choose to donate eggs/sperm if fertile

Why does it matter?

>If sexuality is a spectrum, which genders scientifically exists between XX and XY ?

That's an inflammatory question.

Your cleverness in asking that question is very annoying.

You question will succeed only in causing grumbling, consternation, and cognitive dissonance.

>it

LMNOP

RUN-DMT > RUN-DMC, tho.

aren't sex and gender synonymous? you can have a sexual identity but that's not your gender or your sex

tl;dr is that leftovers of birth control pills and xenoestrogens in food and water fuck up people's brains during the early development, and suddenly we have a bazillion of gender identities.

[math](tX+(1-t)Y)X [/math] for [math]t\in\left[0,1\right][/math]

E-40?