What is the appropriate whole milk to ice to macha powder ratio for these drinks...

What is the appropriate whole milk to ice to macha powder ratio for these drinks? Broke down and bought some macha powder and I'd like to recreate these drinks as accurately as I can, so knowing how much to use of what would be beneficial

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLZp__sbMjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just make it to taste like a real man

Yeah but I don't want to waste any of the $19 worth of Republic of Tea macha powder I bought and accidentally using too much

Starbucks app shows:

- Tall (12 fl oz cup): 2 scoops
- Grande (16 fl oz): 3 scoops
- Venti (24 fl oz): 4 scoops

Add ice to taste, but it's usually 1/4 volume in my experience; hence, I never get ice.

Here's an idea, how about you make 10 shot sized drinks with different ratios.

Matcha tea causes irreversible damage to the brain stem.

Proofs?

I'm assuming a scoop is comparable to like a tablespoon or something?

'standard' tea scoop is basically a teaspoon

may or may not be called a teaspoon for this reason

Cool, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the info

Here's a matcha tea ceremony at about 1:01 to follow...
youtube.com/watch?v=uLZp__sbMjQ

I just use what I want, on a covered mug, shake up a scoop with about a cup of hot water, and I make it stronger if I'm using half and half, or weaker if using milk, or if I just think I want a bigger caffeine hit.

The original starbucks matcha or maybe it was Panera matcha..hrm..used to have honeydew flavored syrup. I miss it, so I might stir in a scant teaspoon of aqua fresca powder, or when I have fresh honeydew, I'll make matcha in the blender with a couple cubes of honeydew.

When I used to work at Starbucks they used melon syrup but it was the orange colored melon flavor, not honeydew

They dont do that anymore. Its just optional Classic syrup. Last year there was a Citrus Mint to go with it.

>remaking something as disgusting as starbucks

Fuck you. Also, I'm sure there is a certain thread that would help you.

I hope you bought culinary grade matcha and not high quality matcha. $19 seems a bit expensive for culinary grade matcha. Those Starbucks drinks are good but for the love of god, I hope you didn't buy really good matcha to waste on something like that.

I actually got it for $15 because of my employee discount and my manager gave me another free one because we had an unopened one laying around but some of the label was taken off so I basically got nearly $40 bucks worth for $15

Why do you like Starbucks?
I'm not trying to shitpost, I really dislike how it tastes, and if you ask for sweetness to cover it up, why get coffee and not chocolate or something similar, then?

Is it like other fast food brands where shit actually tastes different depending on the state?

Someone told me that the Green Tea frappuchino was actually good and not a meme, decided to try it and really enjoyed it, didn't enjoy the pricetag though, hence why I wanna make this kind thing at home

be aware that the matcha they use is half sugar

Cursory internet search shows that:
- 1 scoop = 2 tablespoon

This seems plausible because I always find sediment/undissolved matcha powder in my drink.

I just also realized that although the Starbucks app shows that Venti = 24 fl oz, it should be more accurately stated that it's 20 fl oz of liquid + 4 fl oz ice (hence "venti" is "20" in Italian).

Furthermore, I do happen to know that their matcha powder is at least 50% sugar, as mentioned.

All in all:
- Tall = 12 fl oz milk + 2 Tbsp matcha + 2 Tbsp sugar
- Grande = 16 fl oz milk + 3 Tbsp matcha + 3 Tbsp sugar
- Venti = 20 fl oz milk + 4 Tbsp matcha + 4 Tbsp sugar

Is it literally half sugar or is that an exaggeration?

It is indeed at least 50% sugar (I don't know whether by volume or weight)... The actual matcha itself (i.e. from the tea leaf) is actually relatively good quality, but the quality is a non-factor considering the amount of sugar in the matcha blend (i.e. the stuff that's scooped from the bag and into your drink).

Just made myself a ~16 oz one (I misjudged how much the cup would hold) with whole milk and used a tablespoon and a half of macha and sugar each and even that feels a bit excessive, 3 tablespoons of each sounds ridiculous

Wait if the macha/sugar mix is pre blended when they scoop it wouldn't that mean that its only two table spoons of the mixture and not the macha and sugar individually? So one "scoop" would be 2 tablespoons of the blend (1 tablespoon of macha and sugar each), right?

Getting this jewed
>republic of tea
If youre anywhere near a central market go here you can buy matcha bulk (austin)
Online is iffy

Yeah this sounds right, I think the guy you responded to made a bit of an error

Tall == 2 scoops == 4 tablespoon blend

You do the rest of the math.

But says that a Tall (12oz) is two SCOOPS, that would mean a table spoon and a half of both macha and sugar if the macha mixture used at Starbucks is indeed 50% exactly

Also meant to quote that says that 1 scoop is equal to 2 tablespoons

Starbucks does not blend together sugar and matcha powder. Standard of procedure is
>pour in ice
>pour in milk
>squeeze in liquid sweetener (starbucks calls this Classic syrup, literally just sugar water)
>pour in spoonfulls of matcha
>shake
>always fails to fully combine

Just start swirling the cup as you add matcha, that should help a little.

matcha contains neither milk nor ice, user

The one I go to actually doesn't even use sweetener unless asked. So would it just be straight macha at that point?