I definitely missed it; what was Veeky Forums's reaction to Bob Dylan being awarded the Nobel?

I definitely missed it; what was Veeky Forums's reaction to Bob Dylan being awarded the Nobel?

And, I guess, discuss your favorite works by him. Blonde on Blonde is my favorite album, but Desolation Row is a wild wild song. Was Allen Ginsberg's favorite too.

Well,he deserved it I guess.
A song like ''Hurricane'' or ''Subterranean Homesick Blues'' are true pieces of literatura at my point of view.
Alson,the Nobel was more like a tribute in life for him.

How many times must be a man be meme'd, before you can give him the prize?

His lyrics aren't that good. Should have gone to Leonard Cohen (RIP)

Shakespeare, he's in the alley! With his pointed shoes and his bells, speaking to some French girl, who says, she knows me well...

I do prefer Dylan's songs in general to Cohen's though btw

Fuck Bob Zimmerman and fuck Swedish people

Dumb publicity stunt, almost as bad as their peace prizes.

Swedes being Swedes again.

Nothing wrong with giving it to a musician, but there are many 20th century authors who "deserve" it more than Dylan. Fortunately awards like this are bullshit, so it doesn't really matter.

it was pretty gay. an insult to musicians and poets at the same time

Old walt whitman in a ten gallon hat is hangin out on the roooiookoaaaddd

And there's a man with a corncob pipe and he says: hey man, lemme lighten that Looooooaaadddd.

And the girl who takes off her slippers turns around and says: heyyy you, whats that you got in your Coooooaaaaattt?

and I said: "whats the man say?" And he said "let me show you what its all about my friend" nd I said "lemme give you a ride," but he took the shoes off his little old feet and said: "Come on, lets Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide."

"Whos comin," i say, lookin him in the eyyyyye. And he said "I'l tell ya when the rain starts falling, my friend, and that aint no Liiiiiiiiiie."

lol

Reminder that until very recently poetry was intended to be sung

And on the corner we saw jesse james and honest abe in his stovepipe haaaaaaaattttt

I wen t up to em & gave jesse a dollar and abe said: "Whats that???????????"

And I said whats you gonna do with that dollar, my friend? He said: "Im gonna give it to my caaaaaaaaaaaaat."

"but I would not feel so all alone
everybody must get stoned"

dude weed lmao

>Robert ((((Zimmerman))))
How do you do, fellow Americans?

And there was a great big man with whiskers on his cheeks and he said: "Lets give it our alllllllllll."

I said whats that you say to me now man dont you know im not That Talllllllllllllll.

And annie oakley in an old wedding dress walked by and she said: hey man where can I make a Callllllll?

And when we got to the place where the man said he was at we said: "Lemme in, dont you know its meeeeeeeeeeeee?"

And the man who answered the dokr was alexander the great and he said: "Hey man, dont you know theres a Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???"

And we said: Geeee.

kek

laughed harder than i should've

Boy, that day. Mu memed lit to the bone. I hope someone has screens of that day.

there was like two days of relentless shitposting, then the occasional thread, and by the time he actually got the award and sent a sweet note to accept it everyone had forgotten about it

kek
good shit

Boomers need to die.

For me, Blood On The Tracks is his best album. I find that it actually has a purpose as well as a presence of raw emotion behind it, which is something that is lacking amidst the nonsensical wails of some of his other albums.
That said, although i think that Bob is decent (a good performer too), giving him the nobel prize for literature has definately damaged the credibility of the award in general.

It was on fire, basically. /mu/ had some fun, too.