I read on some tv show that you aint suppose to use bathroom water evewr to cook your supper in...

I read on some tv show that you aint suppose to use bathroom water evewr to cook your supper in, say like if your kitchen sink is broke... they said if bathroom water as meant to be cooked in we would all have our kitchens up in the toilet.

Is bathroom water different than kitchen water?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/10/31/questions-remain-3-years-after-womans-body-was-found-inside-la-hotels-rooftop-water-tank/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

maybe if you have a water softener?

What's a water softner... you mean like a heater?

Some water supplies have high amounts of undesirable minerals in them. In those areas, some people purchase special equipment that substitutes other minerals for the undesirable ones. This process is known as "water softening" and the type of equipment is known as a "water softener".

Yes it's true. I have two water feeds into my house one for kitchen water and one for bathroom water, they come from different water plants and pumping stations

>get a fucking brain man

/diy here. It depends. Different countries, and different houses within countries, have different systems.

There are, generally, two main systems: one where the water throughout the house is fed from the mains supply directly, and one where the water in the kitchen is fed from the mains supply and the rest of the water throughout the house is stored in a tank and gravity fed.

My house, as built, had a tank which fed the bathroom. When I replumbed it, I removed the tank and the bathroom is now fed directly from the main supply, same as the kitchen is.

In a tank storage system the water should be considered non-potable, mostly because you may have something in the tank that you wouldn't want to ingest and could make you ill. In a direct-feed system, the water from any tap is potable and safe to drink & cook with.

Do Americans regularly read TV shows?

Maybe if you're in a third world country and they pump sewer water into your bathroom to avoid wasting the stuff you might actually be able to consume

>In a tank storage system the water should be considered non-potable, mostly because you may have something in the tank that you wouldn't want to ingest and could make you ill.

>they said if bathroom water as meant to be cooked in we would all have our kitchens up in the toilet

how do i know an american said this stupid shit

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/10/31/questions-remain-3-years-after-womans-body-was-found-inside-la-hotels-rooftop-water-tank/

But more likely things like mould & rodents.

It's pretty legit advice if you have a tank, and it's not some vague hippy bullshit about water company chemicals or whatever you're thinking. I've done a fair amount of DIY in older houses and not many people go up to the attic to clean out and maintain the tank, there's often dead flies and spiders floating on top, silty crap in the bottom, and it's not uncommon to find a pile of sludge and bones that used to be a rat/pigeon/squirrel.

It's not an issue in most houses unless the plumbing and heating systems are quite dated, but if your house does have a tank and you don't go up and clean it out regularly and know that it has a very tightly-fitting lid, don't drink from any taps that come from the tank. Even if it's clean, the water still tastes like shit because it's stagnant attic water.

Rats and mice clean their entire bodies every 30-60 minutes. You'd be more likely to get sick by breathing air than falling for the "rat in plumbing" meme, even if it happened.
People who judge these creatures get no pity from me.

>water company chemicals
There is bleach and chloramine in your water. End of story.
Are you one of the people who thought the quite open knowledge of the fluoridation of water was a tin foil hatter lie? It wasn't.

>Rats and mice clean their entire bodies every 30-60 minutes.

Sure, but not when they've drowned in your water tank. They find it hard to continue after that.

>what are subtitles?

Oh I get what you're saying, my bad.

americans don't regularly read anything

It's not news to most people that tap water is typically chemically treated, but regardless of how you feel about that, it's not related to why bathroom taps may be unsafe to drink from. If your tap water is treated, it's all treated and the bathroom water isn't coming from a special extra-chemically pipe - this is a totally separate issue to do with storage and contamination.

>t. edgy vermin lover

Before I hot a mini fridge in my room, too lazy to go downstairs, I kept my sodas in the toilet, house has no A/C (my Dad is a skinflint) so the ceramic toilet water stayed cool in the summer, usually I kept the bottles and cans in a plastic bag, easier to remove when I took a shit, sometimes I couldn't be bothered, cans were too big to go down the hole when you flushed

Bathroom water usually tastes weird to me compared to the kitchen sink water. It's been this way for the last half-dozen places I've lived. That's reason enough for me. I don't care about the science or reasoning behind it.

depends on where you live, but also how your plumbing works.

my dad is a master plumber, he set up all of his own piping. But we also live in maine, best water in the country.

There was a mass sickening of people in Alaska in the 1970's at a 7-11
The slurpee machine had contaminated water in it
The owner of the store kept the filling tank for the slurpee machine in the public bathroom on the floor next to the toilet
The toilet had a spigot attached to the water inlet and this was the only spot he could fill the container the machine used
The bathroom and toilet were not regularly cleaned, customers tossed trash in the container and also urinated in it
The store was shut down

I knew a Chinese restaurant that had a really bad sewage backup problem in the kitchen. They flushed garbage down the toilet, it would clog then back up, flooding the kitchen. So the owner put pallets on the floor and they kept working. Bunch of people got sick. Heath department found that they had no hot water for dishwashing, they loaded milk crates with dishes and hosed them off in a back alley.
Same place when they re-opened would call and call pest control (this is how I met them) to fix a mouse and roach problem. They threw food waste on the floor, the roaches went crazy. The mice and rats arrived because of the roaches. Guys refused to clean, so my company dropped them, in my county all restaurants must have a vermin control program and a regular check and spray plan. We reported them, owner told inspector No need for bug company, he had found cats, now cats eat rat, no more rat, no more roach. They were closed for Good.

Showering every day doesn't cure your aids dipshit

hey i love rats and have had them as pets but like

so none of them have fleas or other parasites (internal or external), right?

you can't believe everything your read on tv shows

very good house.

ohoho sheeeit this cunt
I'm gonna have nightmares now that you reminded me

That's crazy

>American

pic related more like. Not even us muricans are this dumb. However, we do have a high population of poo in the loos that come over here and don't understand what a bathroom is for. They worship toilets in their country instead of using them.

?? Read your t.v.??