Is there anything to write about anymore? Honestly...

Is there anything to write about anymore? Honestly, the only thing I can think of writing is a moralistic story that calls modern day zeitgeist degenerate as fuck.

I don't know--feels like we are living in a sort of
"pre-collapse" culture phase.

New technology, and its interactions with every belief ever written before

>smug scifi face

New technology often becomes that thing we had 5 or 10 years ago with a clock on it. If you wonder if we're at that stage now, see smart watches.

>Is there anything to write about anymore?

If you're seriously asking this, then there never was.

wanna see the poem i'm working on? it's p new and exciting

write about the crimes you see on news.

>the only thing I can think of writing is a moralistic story that calls modern day zeitgeist degenerate as fuck.
We exist in a continually developing world of unimaginable suffering and countless idiosyncratic joys, trapped in shoddily-built constructs. You have the limitless tools of art to try and free people's imaginations, bring stimulation to the curious, escape to the imprisoned, light to the dying and infirm, empathy to the ignorant, to plant seeds that could shape people's whole lives, to explore ideas that the real world and the laws of time would never allow. Even the theme of "complain about modern life" has literally infinite permutations of theme, structure, form, tone. There is a whole planet out there overflowing with unique pieces of real life that never go documented, any one of which could be the seed for a blazingly original narrative, a nuanced and multi-dimensional look at real life embedded within a crystalline symbolic edifice. Absorb more ideas.
If push comes to shove, steal something someone else came up with and put a different spin on it that's specific to you.

actually that's true though. Humanity has never and will never do anything so interetig that its worth tabulating. Human history has amounted to an angsty girl cutting herself

-write about what is new about the present
-write historical documents for people who will analyze the year 2016 in hundreds of years

Your lack of creativity is not a crisis in the world spirit you egotistical fuck

t. someone who has read the entirety of symbolic language

most legit post on Veeky Forums for a long time

>stealing
is a meme though. you'll still need to be dedicated, talented and inspired as phuck

this is right

I am a man from latin america.
I worked for a year pretending to be a woman in texas, having text message conversations with Americans who had romantic problems (I am an autistic virgin, they took advice from me).
It was for Verizon, we had to make the conversations as long as possible because each text message was a dollar.
we used a pc in order to be able to have conversations with many people at the same time.
I have had to handle abortions, women cucking their husbands, men returning home from the Iraq war or from half a year in a submarine to find their girlfriend was with another man, among other things, it was fun.

I dont write and dont plan on being a writer. But I do think the modern world, technology, and the unique situations it creates, can inspire a great novel.

>I dont write and dont plan on being a writer.

But what you described would make a great story

this!!! technoology provides SO many interesting new ways for your characters to interact! Imagine if Ulysses had cell phones!

>from half a year in a submarine to find their girlfriend was with another man
this happen for each military form each country, but men never learn. On the side note, a few military love to be cuckolds.

I'm writing a short story about a sentient butt that controls its owner.

prostitutes and crack meth yada yada something depraved child molestation

>I don't know--feels like we are living in a sort of
>"pre-collapse" culture phase.
Everyone thinks that, unless they live in a sort of post-collapse phase.

Friendly reminder that the current period will be considered a dark age in the future

>Imagine if Ulysses had cell phones!

kek

Why? The world at large seems pretty chill right now desu.

>people post old historical examples of people making fearful predictions of social collapse or apocalypse to assuage our own fears about the near future
>said quotes actually did precede horrific large scale war, brutality or civilisational collapse

no, hedonism is trendy and the final stage of any society

>the only thing I can think of writing is a moralistic story that calls modern day zeitgeist degenerate as fuck

It's actually a good idea, because the modern day zeitgeist is indeed degenerate as fuck.

OP's problem is that he thinks it's a bad thing that this is all there is to write about.

I personally am writing my debut memoir, which I anticipate will consist over of 2,000,000 words. If I succeed I will have written the most lengthy and detailed memoir ever written.

>Thinks that because they can't think of anything to write about there isn't anything to write about

>2,000,000 words

Casanova's was bigger, and undoubtedly much better.

This