With the Fall 2016 semester now over, let's talk about what classes we're taking in the spring...

With the Fall 2016 semester now over, let's talk about what classes we're taking in the spring. stemfags pls go unless you're taking at least one Veeky Forums related course.
I'm in:
History of Asian Religions
Theory of Knowledge
Research seminar titled "Subj-Obj Distinction: Perceptions and Judgments"
South Korean Cinema
and an Oceanography course to complete my natural science gen eds, as I am completing my undergrad studies with this upcoming semester. Can't wait to begin my career as a bartender

You deserve it you filthy weeb

I know a bit about various Asian religions as is, but other than seeing less than 10 korean films I know nothing about korean cinema and am mainly taking it because the professor teaching it is great. I watch no anime, read no manga and am generally quite uninterested in typical weeb culture.

Are you guys all in high school or something

>Cell Physiology
>Intro to Physiological Psychology
>Early Modern Philosophy
Heard the professor teaching it focuses really heavily on Kant, specifically The Critique of Pure Reason.
>Ethical Theory
From what I can tell, in here we read The Nichomachean Ethics, The Confucian Analects, and An Enquiry Concerning the Principles of Morals.

There's another spot open for a class, but I still haven't decided exactly what to take. Might take either a Biblical literature course or a course on Milton.

I am a filthy stemfag but I'm excited because I found the only non-shit tier social science course offered at Georgia Tech, which is European Intellectual History.
Other than that I have Classical Mechanics I, Intro to Modern Physics, Computational Physics, and French 1002. Fuckin pumped.

Yes, didn't your high school have lots of research seminars and courses on south korean cinema? You're not some kind of public school pleb, are you user?

>undergrads

kys,grandpa

Principles of Operating Systems
Computer Networking
Cyber Security Concepts
Fundamentals of Electronics

I also gotta apply for graduation in Dec and start sending apps to grad school for Masters

>Milton
>Boccaccio's Decameron
>Advanced lit Theory
>How Christianity spread through Rome
>The American Revolution
Pretty excited for the first 3 especially!

Goddamn that sounds cool
I love milton so fucking much

Ancient Greek Philosophy
Merchant of Venice in Translation
Moral Philosophy

Sounds great, have a good semester, user.
Keep on with the French, I minored in it and finished up the requirements this past semester, which is why I won't be in any French courses come spring. I hope to keep up with it nonetheless, I have a friend who recently moved to France (conversation partner?) and generally watch a French film a week. Might not have too much time for extra-cirricular reading, though.
Anyway, I just finished a 'history of intellectuals' course (it was a French class, so naturally we focused on French thinkers and the French conception of an intellectual) and it was interesting, though a little frustrating once we narrowed down our definition of an 'intellectual'.
So will your course be something like that, or will it be more like an 'intellectual and scientific achievements' kinda thing?

It's a "finish up literally everything else so next fall you can begin the final year of exclusively education courses" semester

Urban Teacher Academy
Intro to Lit Theory
Publication Design
Intro to Mass Comm
Tolstoy's Russia
Major American Authors
History of English

Phew

After fucking about in art school for 2 semesters and picking a new major (comp IT) I am starting my philosophy minor next semester with

101 Philosophy
103 Ethics

I need to take 2 100 level classes and picked ethics over logics. After that I'm taking 300 levels

-Philosophy and Literature
-Philosophy and Art
-Philosophy of Mind / OR language (can't decide)

Should I switch to a literature minor instead? I haven't done much philosophy before but did a bunch of literature in high school (but didn't take classes seriously)

I'm in engineering, but I have a Philosophy and Ethics class next year, which I've heard is just lots of reading, so I'm pretty exited.

>Workshop in Epic Theatre
>Theory and Criticism
>Graphic Fiction
>Cinema in the Digital Age
>Media Ecologies

Wish there was a better selection.

Writing Workshop (with a writer who has been interviewed by the Paris Review so maybe he's a big deal)
Russian Love Stories
Philosophy of Language

>he hasn't finished his undergrad by 20

I think it'll be something like a very broad look at trends across European history, how outlooks at philosophy changed over time, etc. I never would have known it was an option if my friend hadn't suggested it when I was complaining about my schedule because literally every other history class at my school tries to shoehorn in science and technology and focuses entirely on history of some topic in relation to that. I'm looking at the syllabus now, here's a sample of some of the readings.

Mathfag reporting in
>differential equations
>liner algebra
>computer science 1
>world literature prior to 1650
I'm not looking foward to compsci, but I need a tech ellective, and this is more useful then something like applications of spreadsheets or whatever
Last semester I took post 1650 world lit, so I'm kind of going backwards, but whatever. Proffesor is real good too. Also took intro to philosophy but I couldn't fit another philosophy class without going over my credit limit (the school I'm going to in fall will only transfer up to 60 credits)

>diff eq
Fucking triggered me m8
I just finished my diff eq class. Good luck, especially with linear at the same time.
But interestingly enough, for a few weeks in the middle of the semester you'll probably be learning almost the exact same thing in both classes. Might make each of them easier to have a more complete understanding of what's going on like that.

I'd say ditch either philosophy and literature or philosophy and art, as they're likely going to be very similar, and instead do both philosophy of mind AND phil of language. They are very different courses and both interesting as heck

Comp engineer here. Thinking of taking an additional course in something lit related. Does anyone have any experience with this? Preferably low-intensity as I can't afford too much distraction from my primary studies. Thinking of taking Art history or something in that vein.

>just graduated with a BA in economics, and, god help me, a minor in business

I'm going to law school to make up for the lack of Veeky Forums in my education. Hoping to 180 on the Feb LSAT

Computer science is easy mode

>Discrete optimization
>Model predictive Control
>Embedded control systems
>Autonomous robots
Looking forward to most of these

About to start my second symester and my it my compsci major I'm adding to me math one.

1. Math 2XX Linnear Algebra and Diff Eq
2. Comp sci 1XX Into to comp sci
3. Phil 3XX Knowledge and Society
4. Cultural Studies 3XX Rhetoric of Every Day Life

Super excited for the last two, as I think they'll help me continue my quest of understanding Foucault, which I've in the last few months finally been making progress on for the first time in my life.
A little bummed I couldn't get into a higher level math course or the Kant course I wanted (my registration date was shite) but should be a fun load none the less.

Renaissance & Reformation
Ancient Greek Mystery Religion
Ethical Theory
Macroeconomics

Is his name Henri?

TV: Theory and Criticism
Introduction to Law
Logic: Deduction
Foundations of Political Thought 1789 - 1900
Kant's Moral Theory

Law and more law

t. law student