How many pages do you typically read a day?

How many pages do you typically read a day?

These books are bullshit and have have super dense and small print.

I've read maybe 30 pages today over a 4 hour period.

Fuggin i dont know. 100 pages maybe. Completely depends on what I am reading.

This

Why are you here?

To drop some red pills

bored with my angsty life

I'm tired of seeking this stupid fucking poster POSTED everywhere. Fuck off!

Reading crime and punishment at about 35 pages an hour

Im not a very experienced reader but fierce fuck i feel like i should be riding the short bus at this pace

I've seen this gecko a hundred times and JUST NOW I realized that it's a replica of William H Gass

>gecko
Lol

Probably around three or four. I can't concentrate enough to read more than that at once.

>gecko

That's 164 days to read Crime and punishment, 75 days for Lolita.

I read mainly 60 pages a day.

Have you considered consulting a doctor about the possibility of having ADD

make me, nerd

I can't make you unfortunately. I can only yell at you. please, stop posting it.

Been reading 60 pages of W&P per day and am about to finish. It has taken about 25 days at this speed.

60 pages per day gets you through most average sized books in a week. I usually do 60 per day and if its less than 90 on the last day of reading the book I just finish it off.

ok, sorry.

It's fine :-)

Okay now kiss.

Infinite Jest is 1000 pages in a moderately sized print book. My goal is 150 pages starting 5 minutes from now.. I intend to finish it in about a week.

think I can do it?

Its definitely possible if you are autistic enough

only a fraction of what I write
I know that sounds bad but its very rare for me to find an engaging work nowadays
I mostly just read for reference on a particular topic or style I want to learn more about

>How many pages do you typically read a day?

~750

get lost, degenerate

30-50 Pages

So you do nothing but read?

That depends. How many pages is your typical Veeky Forums thread? :^)

Sebastian?

Mostly because I am a very picky reader and I believe I have read everything I want to read with half of it being angsty gloomy shit like Kafka and the other half being postmodern experimentation with form like Calvino. I am just here to shitpost and talk about books I've read or have some cursory knowledge of

Yeah, it's why I tend not to read longer works. I mostly focus on essays and short stories. At the rate I rate and my tendency to skip reading some days, I'd probably forget too many details about the beginning of a books to make sense of the rest of it.

I did when I was in high school. Doctor said I was too old and that they already would have caught it.

But user, that's a fake disorder. Are you telling me that you believe the psycolgy lies?

I read a book a day, sometimes I'll read a short story or play after I read my book for the day.

Sometimes I'll read 200, sometimea I'll read none. Depends on how much free time I have/mood I'm in. Sometimes I just prefer to have a nice dinner out. And sometimes I'll decide to watch a movie. Its all pleasure the same, just delivered by different media.

>infinite jest
Don't lie to yourself you won't read the whole thing

None of your goddamn business, frogboy.

>38 replies
You suck.

Somewhere between 100-180 on weekdays, depending on the book.
I usually don't read on the weekends.

I'm 40 pages in and like it so far. I didn't understand the ghetto chapter though. The chapter about the guy waiting for his weed was great, I hope there are more like it.

The worse I feel the more I read. Ranges from like 40 to 100.

I clock about the same when I read Dostoyevsky, maybe even slightly less. Complex writing requires a slower pace to fully comprehend it, it's not like you're reading the morning newspaper.

Read 240 pages of War and Peace yesterday because I wanted to finish before Christmas.

but 35 pages per hour is a lot, isn't it?

I read more pages of Veeky Forums than I do of books and I don't know how to stop

minimum of 10 on days when I'm busy or don't feel much like reading

usually around 50 I guess, some days I'll go up to like 100 though.

I usually see how many days it'll take to finish (3, 5, 7, 10 are the most common goals) and aim to read the required number of pages

inb4 autism

what i always do when I look at a new book

1. see what page it starts on

2. see how many pages the book is (if its 350 but the book starts on page 3, i make a mental note that there are really 348 pages)

3. i divide the number by 10 (348/10 = 34.8) or 7 or something and aim to read that many pages

About 100-150 in normal days. Since I'm on vacation, I'm reading 100 more.

I have read 320 pages yesterday. It feels as if I had leveled up.

25 minimum, usually 60

that was surprisingly sweet.

Depending on the difficulty of the text, I can read anywhere from 120 pages per hour (easy) down to like 40.

0-30
been working a lot lately

it's fine.

about 60-80.

in my worst days i read 20, in my best 100-120.

>25 on the journey to work
>10-25 on a PDF version when I should be working depending on how busy I am
>20 on the journey home
>10 before bed

Usually around 60, on a weekend probably about 20 though.

I prefer a time metric instead of pages.
2 hours minimum, usually more during weekends. Sometimes it's 100 pages, sometimes it's 20 when I'm reading something asscrunchingly complex, sometimes it's 5 when I'm reading in foreign languages (I'm trying to achieve reading fluency in at least 8)

autism

Fitty

>Kafka
>angsty, gloomy
Is there some grimdark version of Metamorphosis that I don't know about?

congratulations, you're a meme

depends on what i am reading

in a slow day, ~30
in a typical day, ~50
in a good day, ~90

20-30 if I'm working
50-60 on days off
then again, depends on the book

That's gorgeous. Where is that? Italy?

about 70 on a bad day
20-300 on a good day

Yep:)

Sort of this. I basically aim to read a book per week, which sets a comfortable rate for 95% of literature. If I finish early, say on friday, I spend the weekend not reading just to keep with the discipline, or read short stories which do not count. For extra long works (800+ pages) I give myself two weeks

All depends on thw book pham
When I read pynchon it takes like an hour to read 15 pages, but when I'm reading game of thrones, I can do triple that easy.

I use the catalogue

Takes me 4-5 hours to read 100 pages a day. I finished 53 books this year but took a break since I exhausted myself with the pace.

People think they're slow when half my day goes to a book.

I can't read while commuting because I just fall asleep if I'm sitting, can't help it, fuck this really so usually I'm listening to history podcasts and things like that, that keeps me awake.
I read 20-30 at least while working and during breaks and ~50 after work.
On weekends sometimes all I do is read so a fuckload I guess.

Usually I read chapters fully at a time.

Lets say it is around 40 a day if I read two chapters with an average of 20 pages of average font and page size.

Reading isn't for you kid.

Not kidding, you are wasting your time if that is the best you can do. Play to your strong points.

I've read about 60, could do more but getting close to the end and I will keep it for tomorrow

Anywhere between zero and none at all

I do exactly this.

I'm reading The Recognitions which also has really small print. It takes me at least 2 minutes - usually 3 - to read a single page.

just refresh the front

Hundreds, if not thousands.

25-30 pages if I'm busy.
100-150 pages if I'm not busy.

Today I read 146 pages of Dostoevsky's The Idiot.

>reading no books, maybe only online articles
>being remotely "woke" as you would say
You can't be this entitled... can you?

Depends on the book in question.

If it's sub 200 pages book, I'll finish it in a day or two.

Easy = 70+ pages an hour
Medium = 50 pages an hour
Hard = 20-40 pages an hour

I read all the time, but I'm just a slow reader. Carpenter's Gothic took me like 4 or 5 days to read, even with 2+ hrs reading a day. I also take extensive annotations which may be part of the reason.