How do i make this shit taste better without adding too many calories?

How do i make this shit taste better without adding too many calories?

pasta sauce?

>pasta sauce
i said without adding too many calories.

Pesto

Tomato paste and garlic. Maybe dice a jalapeno or chili.

marinara you fuck head

Not hard - tomatoes, onion, garlic, black pepper, oregano, and maybe a touch of balsamic vinegar or chilli

Some spicy tomato sauce doesn't have too many calories.

Not OP but do I have to cook that?
I'm making microwave macaroni.

PESTO
E
S
T
O

>pesto
>low calories
yeah no.

>not too many calories
>sauce made from oil and cheese

yeah but it doesn't have much taste either

>eat pure concentrated carbs
>b-but muh calories
This is why you're fat
inb4 the 2 grams of fiber will make you magically not fat

dude i eat like 1 cup of it a day.

Why eat it at all, if you're that worried about muh calories? What purpose does it allegedly serve? The fact that it's whole wheat?

i need carbs too.

But you can get carbs from just about anything short of a heap of pure meat. That isn't a reason. Otherwise you might as well just drink maltodextrin solution. It's cheaper and less trouble to prepare.

Vegetables have carbs, and a lot more micronutrients and fiber if that's what you're after. There are also many vegetables giving you a wide variety of flavor options

If something tastes like "shit" as you put it, why continue to eat it? Again, what purpose does it serve?

>How do i make this shit taste better without adding too many calories?
Tomato sauce and vegetables

Fuck off fatty, isn't there some bacon xD you have to attend to?

>he knows more about food than me so he must be fat
In your next damage control you'll say I'm a jealous fat woman and people hate you for saying you're from Veeky Forums. Your writing style is pretty recognizable at this point.

Easiest way would be fry onion and garlic until nice and golden, add everything else and let it simmer down so it is more of a sauce than a soup and then add the cooked pasta. You can add whatever you want really, it is basically a nice sauce base. I like to throw some chorizo in with the onions and garlic before the tomatoes etc go in, or panchetta.

>Calls other people fat
>Upset to be called fat
This is your brain on low-carb, folks

Buy unenriched pasta. What you are tasting is powder chemicals, and they taste fucking horrible.

Unless you add a bowl of icecream on top, there's not much to add that would account for more calories than the pasta itself.

Add Tuna, spinach and garlic sauce, see if it works.

>garlic sauce
Olive oil, rather

>counting calories while displaying baffling levels of ignorance about food
>expects others to believe he's not fat
Literally the textbook case of fatty mcfatfuck being confused while "going on a diet" consisting of randomly eating a few leaves and whole wheat products randomly twice a week and then bitching that being healthy is suffering

Once again: what purpose does the "shit food" (as YOU DESCRIBED IT) serve? Because it's not that it tastes good, and it's not that it provides anything essential that can't more easily and efficiently be obtained from another source. So what purpose is it? Have you thought about this at all? Can you even think? Please think before posting again.

>Being this mad over pasta

You spent so much time calling each other fat fucks that I can't tell which one of you is pro-carb and anti-carb

Whole wheat pasta is fine IF you're exercising
Whole wheat pasta is going to make you fat if you aren't exercising

I'm not OP though

And it's a bit ironic to accuse others of "ignorance about food" when you believe that "carbs make you fat" like some parody of an obese soccer mom

>What purpose does it allegedly serve?
The primary purpose of ingesting food is to supply energy and nutrients to the body. Whole wheat pasta is well-suited for this purpose.

It is actually a fat person's understanding of food that food has to taste good to be consumed.

>when you believe that "carbs make you fat"
How in the fuck does that even follow? That's a rhetorical question, I don't expect you to be able to explain your ''''logic'''''

Once again: what PURPOSE does your whole wheat pasta that YOU SAID YOURSELF TASTES LIKE SHIT actually serve? WHY did you choose food that you think TASTES. LIKE. SHIT.

Because "muh hole weeet"? No. That isn't going ot make you lose weight. Fat fuck.
>The primary purpose of ingesting food is to supply energy and nutrients to the body. Whole wheat pasta is well-suited for this purpose.
And so is bananas, steak, coca cola, activated almonds, and beer. The question is, WHICH nutrients and in WHICH PROPORTIONS. I don't expect you to be able to understand difficult concepts like TDEE or macronutrient ratios let alone nutrient density of foods, so I guess, go back to whining about how you ate a piece of lettuce this week so everyone is out of shape except you. I'm off to ride, enjoy being confused about food.

>Whole wheat pasta is fine IF you're exercising
>Whole wheat pasta is going to make you fat if you aren't exercising
Lets say a serving of pasta is 100 g (raw, dry weight). That's roughly 350 kCal. That's more than an average person would burn on on a 5 km (3 mile) run at a moderately high tempo.
The idea that you can eat whatever in any amount and just exercise it off is provably, mathematically false. There are not hours in a day to exercise enough to burn of that extra potato or spoonful pasta. Perhaps if you're unemployed, single and childless.

>You spent so much time calling each other fat fucks that I can't tell which one of you is pro-carb and anti-carb

I'm neither "pro carb" nor "anti carb", stop being fat.

I'm pro understanding WHAT the fuck you are eating and WHY. Neither of these seem to have been explained by fat op, yes I mad. Fuck why am I even still here. Kill yourselves, every last person in this thread.

What else can I do to make microwaved macaroni good?

that's why you eat less calories than you burn in a day.

lol what utter bullshit

Thanks scooby

nothing like a bowl of noodles with lots of ketchup! Yummm~~

Yes and get sick as a dog because you don't eat enough vegetables.

Well, nobody is suggesting you eat 10 cups of whole wheat pasta unless you're literally about to run a marathon

Besides, the core concept of exercise isn't that you're literally supposed to burn off every single calorie you consume in a day, you're still gaining from the protein and carbohydrates in the pasta

There are certainly foods with higher ratios of micronutrient to carbohydrate, but I also don't want to eat 10 bags of spinach every night before going to the gym

>projecting

>this is what obese people actually believe

>pasta
>protein
Eggs, milk, and chicken breast.
It's a scientific fact that vitamin deficiency makes you sick in a manner of ways.

I am not OP.
I did not say anything about pasta tasting bad.
Please read my posts before attempting to reply. And get off the low-carb, it's obviously harming your brain.

Whole wheat pasta is nutritious. An adult man needs to consume at least 250 grams of carbs in a day. That would require 300-400 grams of pasta.

Whole wheat pasta has 8 grams of protein per 175 calories my man

It's not going to drag your macros down

Why would you assume i don't eat enough vegetables?

Low calorie diet and pasta, which is rather volumetric food. Add your protein and you don't have stomache space left for good veggies.

>all carbs are equal

i eat pasta and chicken for lunch and veggies for dinner

What's your bodyweight and size

Self made pasta sauce

>cut half an onion in small pieces
>cut a garlic bit in small pieces
>cut a tomato in small pieces
>put a tiny bit of oil
>cook the first 2 at high temperature for 3 minutes
>add the tomato
>3 minutes later reduce heat
>cook the pasta
>when pasta are ready add sauce

There you have a shit ton of good things for your body, cheap and no calories.
Also it tastes fucking good and you had maybe 3 minutes of work, when it's cooking you can just be on your smartphone and move the sauce sometimes so it doesn't burn.

Just eat regular pasta and take a fiber supplement.

>oil I poured myself has magic properties
Alton Brown was a mistake

>he fell for the whole wheat meme

Mayo

Right. Which is nearly impossible to do if you're going to chug down a bowl of pasta the size of the one in OPs pic.
>thatwasthepoint.jpg
Well, nobody is suggesting you eat 10 cups of whole wheat pasta
My example was for about one cup. That's hardly an extraordinary serving as far as pasta goes.
>Besides, the core concept of exercise isn't that you're literally supposed to burn off every single calorie you consume in a day
It is. To maintain weight you need to burn of literally every single calorie you consume. If you're dieting to lose weight, you need to burn off more than that. Eating pasta what so ever makes that very hard to do. It is not a good choice for anyone struggling to maintain or lose weight. If, on the other hand, you don't have problems controlling your weight and is bulking up to go shred at the gym for four months straight - well, pasta is a great and convenient way to overeat (as in excess calorie intake) without spending the whole day eating or getting so full you puke it all up afterwards. As you might with food that has a more moderate energy to volume ratio.

>An adult man needs to consume at least 250 grams of carbs in a day.
An adult man does not need any carbs. It is fine if he gets it, but we do not need it. There is no daily minimum for carbohydrates as there is with protein, where the daily minimum is about 100 g animal protein or 200 g plant protein. Which you will, in the latter case, struggle to fit in your calorie budget of 2500-ish kCal if you've already had 400 g of pasta.

>It is. To maintain weight you need to burn of literally every single calorie you consume

every calorie you consume over maintenance, user.

this gonna taste bland as hell lmao

>where the daily minimum is about 100 g animal protein or 200 g plant protein
Wow, subtle!

Yes. So the goal of exercise is to burn of every single calorie you consume. The obvious implication being that your base metabolism (keeping warm and all that) doesn't quite meet that mark. You're not less wrong because you try to be a pedant too.

>>where the daily minimum is about 100 g animal protein or 200 g plant protein
>Wow, subtle!
What did he mean by this?

>The obvious implication being that your base metabolism (keeping warm and all that) doesn't quite meet that mark. You're not less wrong because you try to be a pedant too.

with the vast majority of people their base metabolism and habitual exertion as they go about their day will use up most of the fuel they consume. when you frame it as 'burning off literally every calorie you cosume' you make it seem like a bigger deal than it actually is. even if you're consistenly gaining weight and not exercising yo're probably burning off 80-90% of the calories you consume just living your life

>even if you're consistenly gaining weight and not exercising yo're probably burning off 80-90% of the calories you consume just living your life
On that we agree. I'm putting the effect of training into perspective. That there is a very small, finite amount of calorie over intake that can be made up for by training. Saying 'it is fine to eat so-and-so as long as you work out' is bad advise for someone struggling to meet their energy balance or target. The overwhelmingly deciding factor is calorie intake. There is extremely little you can do about expenditure though working out. It is shaving the margins, at best.

I'm not saying exercising is pointless. I'm saying it is not a useful tool for balancing your calorie intake. Your calorie intake should make up for your exercise and not the other way around.

>onion
>garlic
>tomato
>oil
>no calories.

grill marks. everything tastes 20% better per grill mark added to the dish.

exercise both allows you to eat more without putting on weight and, in the event that you do still eat a surplus, you're more likely to put on muscle.

> I'm saying it is not a useful tool for balancing your calorie intake

it really depends on the category of people you're looking at. for a sedentary person exercise can make a marked difference, especially if you generalise exercise to mean being more physically active, going out socially and stuff. you are right that the extra couple of jaffa cakes and a glass of milk you get from your HIIT class probably won't seem worth it to you as a fatty. but you can consistently see that the healthiest people are those who are willing to ride bikes, dance, race with their friends on the street and shit. being physically active is very important even strictly from a numbers perspective

i started losing weight when i was 268 pounds. Now i'm 231

>grill marks
how do you add grill marks to pasta?

>you can consistently see that the healthiest people are those who are willing to ride bikes, dance, race with their friends on the street and shit
Which is both irrelevant to the discussion at hand and faulty logic. As or the rest you seem to be repeating my argument while feigning disagreement. Must be the 'tism.

Sharpie.

nice

Cherry tomatos cut in half and sautéd with some olive oil until they start to caramelize, table spoon of tomato paste for half a minute - minute to get the raw edge off, then put a ladle of the noodle water in, salt, pepper, oregano, then you press the tomato halves out and let it simmer until the water is pretty much gone. Then dump your noodles in, finish in the sauce. Crumble some mozarrella in and grate some parmesan on it and you're done.

>How do i make this shit taste better without adding too many calories?
Whole wheat pasta only tastes good in a COLD PASTA SALAD, and nothing more. When hot it has a mealy fibrous texture, and flavor reminiscent of cardboard.
/thread

If you want to have healthier pasta, you should buy some kind of DeBoles alternative pasta like the delicious one made from artichokes, which has an amazing flavor affinity for pesto or chicken piccata recipes. You can "thin" out both recipes with the addition of a little chicken stock to your pesto or piccata sauces.

>ketofags LARPing like ketosis is good for mankind in the long term when the literature is equivocal at best and downright cautious toward the prospect

It's like a religion to destroy people's cardiovascular systems. Enjoy the healthcare bills rejects.

I can see the criticism that it's a correlation fallacy, but I don't think that makes the broader argument entirely faulty. And it is relevant. You're saying that exercise is not useful to manage your calorie surplus. In doing this you're referring to exercise as a scheduled unit of strenuous activity independent of normal daily routine. I'm saying you should be seeing it as something that can be worked continuously into your daily routine such that it's both less onerous and more substantial. Now when you're talking to a fatty, you probably can't expect them to just shift directly to a continuously active lifestyle. This is in large part why they are advised to schedule a run every other day or whatever - just to get the ball rolling.

Remove pasta
Eat plate
Wala!

haha he thinks protein isnt just protein

Are you looking for some magic delicious zero calorie food? Tell me if you find it because you've solved the obesity crisis and could make billions.

make a cauliflower alfredo sauce OP. there's tons of recipes online.
when i go on cuts i eat vegan 5/7 days and pesco-veg on the weekends and it works the best for me.

retarded post

My wife does this all the time. "Let's get the more expensive dyed green pasta with a tiny bit more fiber because it's healthy."

No it's not. It's still 90% wheat just eat fucking regular pasta and own it.

yeah fuck me for eating the healthier choice. I'm pretty much a criminal at this point. I should be locked up for a long time.

It's like you don't understand the difference between chugging empty calories in the form of pasta and being on a keto diet. Are you a bit special, perhaps?
The implication is not to replace the pasta with fucking meat. It is for the fat fuck to eat a carrot or cabbage instead.

Retard

It is, but it is less accessible (for your body) in a bean than a steak. We're only about half as good at getting at the protein when it's encased in cellulose and fiber. Anyone who has studied nutrition even casually knows this. You've disqualified your own opinions in this matter.
no u

>btfo
>better make an insulting comback devoid of argument
Go nurse your butthurt.

Home-made tomato sauce.

You can also make a thin bechamel sauce with relatively few calories.

>bechamel sauce
>with relatively few calories
>for pasta
>dieting

I'm just saying it's not healthier enough to warrant caring. Eating like one blueberry would be more beneficial than eating the orange and green pasta instead of just regular pasta.

Not attacking you, just the industry tricking people into thinking it's health food because they threw a carrot into the vat of dough.

The best way to look at it is likely from a Veeky Forums perspective. Eat carbs when beneficial after exercise, mostly fruits and veggies, and proteins and fats to anchor you.

A half cup of bechamel is like 130 calories, and you can reduce that by bulking it up through blending in some sweated onions and turning it into a soubise sauce.

A cup of noodles is about 200 calories.

A half cup of sauce is more than enough for a cup of noodles, and a cup of noodles in soubise ends up being around 300 calories and quite filling if you use whole-wheat pasta.

Toss in some green peas for protein, and you've got a decent lunch for under 400 calories.

>The best way to look at it is likely from a Veeky Forums perspective
That's actually a terrible way to look at it given that excess fat and protein cause a whole host of diseases, and the required amount is very low.

You seriously gotta have autism to eat that shit

>given that excess fat and protein cause a whole host of diseases, and the required amount is very low.

Are you a woman or a troll. Be honest

add a bouillon cube and a bit of salt when you cook it, makes them taste pretty good on their own, add a bit of oil after you cooked them

Can you even into reading comprehension?

I was just trying to evince a healthier outlook on food than just counting calories and falling for 'muh healthy carbs' on boxed foods. Veeky Forums just provides an easy inroad into that kind of thinking.

You propose a diet high in protein and fat. That's an unhealthy diet. You also imply that wheat pasta is somehow "unhealthy", which is nonsense. Gluten is protective against diabetes and carbs are the preferred energy source in humans. Please stop bringing more cringe to this board with your baseless antics

>That's an unhealthy diet.
Looking at how much better I perform and feel thanks to that """unhealthy""" diet, I don't care.

the fuck? pasta sauce is mostly tomato, with some garlic, basil, olive oil and salt.

the load of calories is combing from the pasta itself.