Ever go to a restaurant and order something other than what they're good at?

Ever go to a restaurant and order something other than what they're good at?

Pic related. Some coworkers and I went out to a German restaurant and one of them got fried mozzarella. I wanted to strangle him. What's the fucking point of going if you're not going to eat the house specialties?

Also, he was a vegetarian. I can't think of a cuisine more hostile to vegetarians than German, or really anything central European.

Other urls found in this thread:

earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/WorldOfChange/decadaltemp.php
gizmodo.com/the-worlds-oldest-underground-fire-has-been-burning-fo-1539049759
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks good

well maybe he didn't want to go to the german restaurant and did the best he could

also german cuisine has lost of vegetarian food

I cant think of a cuisine more hostile to vegetarians than flyover interpretations of other cuisines. Smother everything in le meat and le cheese lmao

>Vegetarian
>Orders deep fried cheese
Doubt.

Cheese is still permissible for vegetarians. It's vegans who can't eat it.

What's the point of having other dishes on the menu than specialities then?
What's the point in having more than one single starter/main/desert served in a restaurant?
Oh, right, they picked up a few specialities for people to have soma choice and discarded every other entry they can't cook.

Well, in theory at least. OP's picture looks like frozen food so anything can happen at this point.

>I can't think of a cuisine more hostile to vegetarians than German, or really anything central European.
You don't know much about German cuisine, and really nothing central European.

Who gives a shit

Who can pass up fried cheese? not me. maybe he was craving some

dingus

If it's on the menu, it's fair game.

I mean sure it doesn't make sense to go to a Chinese restaurant just to get a steak and fries (something my grandparents would do every single fucking time they took me out for dinner), but if they put it on the menu it's their own fucking fault when people order it. If they can't prepare something properly, they wouldn't put it on your menu.

>If they can't prepare something properly, they wouldn't put it on your menu.

Boy, I have been to way too many restaurants that disprove what you just said

If they can't even prepare the items on their own menu, they're shit restaurants that don't deserve your money in the first place.

Are you talking about ordering house specials, or not ordering chicken nuggets at an Italian place? I agree with the latter.

>What's the fucking point of going if you're not going to eat the house specialties?
Having a chance to socialize with you, I guess? Oh well, guess that's not so much fun after all.

>It's vegans who won't eat it.

FIFY. They're just a bunch of spoiled babies, really. I hope they all starve to death because of global warming or whatever.

when global warming affects the food supply meat and dairy will be the first to go bud

Global warming isn't real

Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian.

It's for a completely stupid fucking reason, but it is what it is.

Rule of 10 is fucking bullshit. Just like the map of tongue taste buds, or the Holocaust.

they shouldn't sell shit that's not good / doesn't represent their restaurant

Nice meme

Back to your garbageboard, Proud Boy.

There you have it, folks. Undeniable proof. All those Harvard and Cornell scientists are wrong. This guy knows from his factory job in Pisswater, Okiedokie.

Oh mah gawd yes! Took coworkers to a pho restaurant and they order egg rolls

I agree with others, OP. He looked around the menu and wanted something fried, cheesy and vegetarian. And, instead of bitching and moaning about his vegetarianism and pressuring you guys to bend to his eating disorder by going where he wants to go, that gassy falafel house or indian dive or smoothie joint, yet again, he went along with the decision to eat german.

If I was looking to do some snacky accompaniment to my yummy german beer choice, there are many options for me, but hey, not so many for a vegetarian, I'd say other than starches. I probably would have attempted to look for something uniquely not found on other menus, maybe some liptauer cheese or fresh from the oven pretzels or pumpkin seed rye...but hard really overall there. Even the potato salad has bacon in it. But one thing for sure, with all that schnitzel frying going on, they were probably delicious fried cheese with a nice crust.

>If they can't prepare something properly, they wouldn't put it on your menu.
If only.

This user is kinda right, a lot of cheese is made using Rennet, basically stomach acid juice used to curdle the milk

what if a mouse eats insects and flowers do the get 5.5% of the kalories, and if a snake eats this mouse doesnt that mean that it now has 0.55%

Why not get a pretzel with some mustard?

There's German food and then there's traditional German food. Germans make and eat deep fried mozzarella just like japs make and eat burgers. Personally I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to eat some good traditional food but it's just preference.

>worrying about what other people at your table order or how much of it they eat

you are the worst kind of person

I go to Chinese buffets for the tendies and jello.

Joke's on you. Fried cheese is a pretty typical vegetarian option in many restaurants in Germany.

>No one ordered bun bo hue

You all fucked up.

>Why not get a pretzel with some mustard?
Well, he could have, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. A Starch vs a protein? Also, one truly does need to be in the mood for mustard. Maybe he just had some yesterday.

I don't see what the big deal is. He knew he had limited choices when it came to food but wanted to be apart of the fun. I don't see a problem with ordering something that fits your dietary needs especially if it's an option on the menu itself. It's not like he went out of his way to hassle the waiter to try to create his own dish that fits his pickiness just because of some stupid logic.

If it makes you feel better, I suggested a great burger place to a friend that servers huge, juicy, delicious burgers all cooked to order with fresh ingredients. Of course there were a few other things on the menu to fit other food choices. We met up for lunch and the dude literally spent over 10 minutes elaborately explaining to the waiter what he wanted. Pretty much he just wanted "the shrimp that came from a salad but not the salad and to server it with fries but not too many fries and wanted them to make it spicy shrimp". When I asked, "Why not just get a burger?" he told me he didn't like burgers. Yet he gets fastfood pretty much daily and doesn't mind those burgers because "lol they don't come with all that extra stuff!"

This is also the same guy who order the chicken strips off a kid's menu at a seafood restaurant because he doesn't like seafood.

We don't hang out much anymore.

>"Why not just get a burger?" he told me he didn't like burgers. Yet he gets fastfood pretty much daily and doesn't mind those burgers because "lol they don't come with all that extra stuff!"
I guess he hasn't mastered the way to say "make my burger plain, nothing on it, just the bun please"
>We don't hang out much anymore.
You're the freak. Let him do whatever he wants. I mean, if I had an embarrassing friend/family then I might not take them to the favorite rotation of restaurants so I'm not guilty by association or get banned from coming back, but I wouldn't refuse to hang out with them at all.

while that's true, the image you supplied in correspondence is a bit misleading because only the first two levels are relevant to our food supply

Its not about preparing the food. Im sure they managed to fry it and plate it successfully. Its about getting (essentially) moz sticks at a German restaurant.

>the temperature has risen a fraction of a degree in a hundred years
>scientists cite this as the cause of famine, drought, flooding, blizzards, extreme high and low temperatures, and now even terrorism

If the science is settled, why did the name change from global warming to climate change? Id also like to know if humans are causing the temp on Mars to rise.

>60% of the republican party knows more about science than the 90%+ scientists who agree human carbon emission is either causing it or heavily contributing to it.

Now explain why the temp on Mars is rising. And please explain how carbon emissions cause flooding, droughts, high temperatures, and low temperatures. But sure, "climate change" is melting the ice caps AND causing blizzards.

This is where the whole debate gets muddled, it's undeniable that the temps are rising, the debate is if it is natural or caused by man.

How can there be a debate if the science is settled? The temps are rising both on Mars and Earth, humans are obviously the cause of both. Man-made climate change on Mars is real

wait why did you even bring Mars up?

Also slight warming of the atmosphere has drastic effects on the processes that govern our local weather e.g. ocean surface temperature, ocean acidity, inland air mass temperature etc

Weather is like the perfect example of chaos theory

The science is settled about the rising temps. Liberals use that phrase to confuse idiot conservatives, and it works. Now stop this Facebook simulator shit.

that portion is way too small. add 6 more and that would be a light meal.

how fat r u

>science disagrees with me therefore it is fake
I'm not even laughing this is really just sad.

>wait why did you even bring Mars up?
It's a classic "debate" tactic for people without arguments called deflecting. He's bringing up something unrelated in an effort to make you talk about the unrelated point.

fat enough to be classified as morbidly obese but not fat enough to claim disability, im working on it.

well good luck and dont eat fried cheese

>humans are the reason the global temp on earth has risen a fraction of a degree!!!!!!!!!
>the temp on mars is also rising?
>youre just a republican shill!!!!!!!!!

just, what does Mars have to do with this at all?

the data on how much the global average has increased is there and pretty much all scientists agree on the cause

why do you think you know better than them?

also I don't get why youre putting those words in my mouth. Nothing I said event resembles those statements

>what does Mars have to do with all this at all?

Because the global temp on Earth AND Mars are rising. The temp on Mars is rising magically on its own while the temp on Earth is rising because of people driving SUV's and cows farting.

Nothing sounds off about that to you? I loooooove how the temp rising on Mars is always seen as a non sequitur

Atmospheres and climates change on planets constantly. No one is claiming there isn't a natural component to a global average temperature.

Just that human contributions are creating an abnormal change in the Earths climate

Abnormal how? Fractions of a degree over a hundred years? Even with NOAA skewing data?

Im still waiting for someone to explain how global warming causes droughts, floods, famine, blizzards, and exteme high and low temperatures

>Im still waiting for someone to explain how global warming causes droughts, floods, famine, blizzards, and exteme high and low temperatures
see It's obvious at this point that you don't actually want to talk about this, you just want to beat in an ignorant point, so Im just going to leave.

IF you want to learn more about it, NOAAs or NASAs resources are pretty good. There isn't some large scale conspiracy to push climate change.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/WorldOfChange/decadaltemp.php

Scientists that study this have literally spent over a decade over their life at least on learning about these patterns and trying to predict the trends. It isn't a bad idea to take experience and education as a sign that you should lend more legitimacy to claims

So why is the temp on Mars rising?

And why is it climate change? What happened to global warming? I mean.....OBVIOUSLY the science is settled right? Why would scientists, that have spent an ENTIRE DECADE studying all this, quit calling it global warming

armchair spams the same irrelevant uncited ((factoid)) over and over again because he knows even 4channers can BTFO him if he tries to debate climate seriously

let's repeat after me

>M-M-MUH MARRRRRSSSSSS

MUH MARS LOL REDPILL

That's what I thought. Someone had to bring up science which everyone knows is just fake guv'ment propaganda.

This is odd. I havent heard a single reason why the temp on Mars is rising. Lemme give this a shot:

>humans are causing the temp on earth to rise
>this causes droughts, floods, blizzards, famine, extreme high AND low temps, tornadoes, hurricanes, and periods of inactivity
>the temp on Mars is also rising without human activity
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

At this point im not even kidding, look at any of the global climate conferences. Specifically the one in Copenhagen. How can you possibly believe that "global warming" can be the cause of literally every weather pattern on the planet?

Like....this isnt even me trolling, climate change is viewed as the cause of:
>a lot of rain
>very little rain
>hot temps
>cold temps
>snow
>no snow

Its literally everything. They had to change the fucking name from global warming to climate change. None of that seems odd........

tl;dr WAAAHH THE MEN IN WHITE COATS R RONG CUZ I SAID SO MARS MARS MARS

>still no citation
>tumblr reaction image
>reddit spacing

1. Science is a work in progress, there are things we are very confident are true but everything is up for debate. i.e. nothing is settled

2. Both terms are applicable. The global average temperature is increasing which warrants the term "global warming". On a local level, the changes will be variable, in that some areas may get warmer/wetter air masses leading to more rain while others may get less do to drier air and less ocean movement. "Climate change" as a term nods at the fact that the changes to local climate will not be constant across the board.

>invent a fake fact
>pretend as if it's real without any proof
>try to troll anons into debating around your BS prompt

nice 5/10

Yup, total scam.

>There you have it, folks. Undeniable proof. All those Harvard and Cornell scientists are wrong. This guy knows from his factory job in Pisswater, Okiedokie.
Ah yes, argument from authority, one of the great logical fallacies. You know that for generations, physicians insisted that their handling dead bodies and then delivering babies, without even washing hands, was perfectly fine and healthy? The guy who proposed sanitary procedures was ridiculed out of the medical profession and ended up in a mental hospital, where he died before all those Harvard educated physicians could bring themselves to admit that hand-washing was a good idea.

>temp on earth is rising
>yaaas queen slaaay global warming
>temp on mars is rising
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Argument from fallacy, the pseud's greatest weapon.

>Scientists that study this have literally spent over a decade over their life at least on learning about these patterns and trying to predict the trends.

And none of that matters, because their methodology is fundamentally flawed. They create incomplete models, then look at which ones predict the next few years. Then they trumpet how the 10% of models that "worked" must be right and certainly predict that Manhattan will be underwater by 2012.

Then that doesn't happen, so they point to their next set of models and predict that the Maldives will be uninhabitable by 2035 unless we shut down the entire U.S. economy today. But of course we can't shut down the Chinese economy, which emits far more CO2, because they're a poor developing nation who deserve to be able to pump out as much CO2 as they want.

Sorry not sorry, fuck off. You don't even manage to make functional models, much less any useful predictions. The value of scientific theories are from their PREDICTIVE ABILITIES, and "climate scientists" have failed miserably at that over any but the shortest terms -- and those short term predictions are readily explained by "if you throw enough darts at a dart board, eventually one will hit the board somewhere."

>science has agreed that global warming, no wait nvm climate change is real
>science is fluid

Oh ok. Thanks

>the models r rong cuz I said so

Veeky Forums is filled with armchairs who want to believe they know everything, but this is sad. Go back to your blogspot.

>Like....this isnt even me trolling, climate change is viewed as the cause of:
>>a lot of rain
>>very little rain
>>hot temps
>>cold temps
>>snow
>>no snow
>Its literally everything. They had to change the fucking name from global warming to climate change. None of that seems odd........
Don't forget to mention that the blanket term of global warming/climate change is NEVER EVER prefaced with the important part "man-created-climate change" anymore. Activists count on you thinking it's evil in the world that is ruining it and causing it to change, when it's more the natural stuff that is going on, or that man can even make any discernible difference if everyone died tonight and stopped making changes.

>invent a fake fact

Way to derail food/cooking threads to drum up support for Trump's agenda to MACH - Make America China!

And this, is virtue signalling. Oil industry reps want you to believe that you're powerless. Why change anything at all, lmao? FUCK THE ECOLOGY LOOOOOOOOL SO RANDUMB AND NIHILIST

are you an idiot?
We are very confident that this is real to the extent that as a species, we need to address it

Ok cool kid. If every human on earth died today, and all automated industry ceased, how far would the temp drop? Keep in mind the temp on Mars is still rising

>invent a fake fact

Nice job revealing you just samefagged and there's only one user ITT trolling le climate change denial """"devil's advocate"""" line though.

Good point. Given the extemely alarming rate the temp is rising (a fraction of a degree every century) what can we do, TODAY, that would make the global war-, I mean climate change, decrease? Or increase? Its hard to say what needs to happen since the goal posts shift every decade.

Yeaah man, it's pointless. Just stop trying and keep drinking that oil.

Remember, oil is good, oil is life. You would never undermine ou- I mean, the oil industry's dominance and hundreds of billions of dollars in revenue, right? Right. Good cust- I mean, user!

What fake fact? Global warming? Dont worry, if the narrative doesnt meet the facts just call it climate change. That way it can cover every imaginable weather event!!!

>invent a fake fact
>shout NO UUUU when called out on it

The climate in mars is like the climate in your head: barren.

>Oil industry reps want you to believe that you're powerless.
I guess you know absolutely zero about natural coal fires...
gizmodo.com/the-worlds-oldest-underground-fire-has-been-burning-fo-1539049759

Why would they have that in the menu, if you shouldn't order it?
For people that don't like the rest of the menu. Case in point your vegetarian friend.

Oh lol so now its oil production that causes global warming, or cooling (whatever is convenient). Im sure thats whats happening on Mars as well

>gizmodo

Didn't click LOL. Figures an oil rep would be tied in with gawker shit """news""" though.

What fake fact? Seriously

>invent a fake fact

Every post until you like it.

>global warming, i mean cooling, or whatever is real! I dont care if it cant stand up to debate!!!!

>invent a fake fact
>post shitty reaction images because you can't actually prove the climate on mars has been changing for fuck all

>go to mexican resteraunt that specializes in seafood with friends
>not actually in the mood for seafood
>notice they have a burger
>order that
>it's a really good burger so just contrinue getting that the next couple times I go there

I regret not trying out their real menu before they moved to another city though.

The map of the tongue is actually wrong (it was misread decades ago, became an IRL meme since then).
All the tongue can taste all 5 tastes. The areas on the well known diagram were the 0.1% individuals who had fucked up tongues.

All the more reason to eat as much of it as I can before it goes away.

>Phoneposter
>one nat geo op ed piece from 2007 and a skeptic blog that actually serves to demonstrate why it's a bad idea to take mars data and apply it to earth
>Phoneposter

Everything makes sense now, lmfao user @ what you consider a real source. Enjoy hammering out a butthurt reply on your touch screen with those sausage fingers, I'm out because

>debating with a phoneposter about anything