There was a riddle a few days ago on /ic/ >>>/ic/2955495

There was a riddle a few days ago on /ic/ I checked if it was coded in bases other than 10 but the numbers seem to go from 0 to 9 so it could be a letter number cipher type of thing.
I tried to sum the numbers vertically and horizontally and use Euclid's algorithm to reduce the numbers to the interval of 1 to 26 and 27 because it could be in Hebrew (sort of like a maximum modulo operation) but it only gave me gibberish.
I was pretty sure after I tried other different approaches that OP was just trolling because he posted it in /ic/ and not on a board like Veeky Forums where more people would have a decent shot to crack it and it got me thinking.
How secure can a cipher be if the message that it was used for was simple to crack but the people who were trying to crack it were using advanced methods thinking it would be very hard to do so given the advancements in cryptography?
Can AI create ciphers so advanced that humans won't be able to solve?
Is cryptography a spectrum? if so is it autism spectrum?

Other urls found in this thread:

classicalartsuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Francisco_de_Goya_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_1819-1823-573x1024.jpg
pngall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ouroboros-Transparent.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that thumbnail looks like a dried up sperm on my screen.

make sure to lick it clean

It's hebrew, it means number 6.

well you don't say

לא לגיל שלך חבר, עדיף שתתרחק מדברים כאלו.

found another clue.

open the pic in notepad and scroll to the bottom :

òuõ¿ÅÄ.‹ Ì IEND®B`‚5¢ Is All A Man Needs.

any ideas ?

It could be a steghide password, for all I know. Did you check that possibility?
Also:
>notepad
Why? Get off of windows, this could contain things you don't want to execute.

the two center numbers on the top row are prime, not sure if this is relevant but it seems more probably than not that it was deliberate

adding to this i cant find another version of the image with the frame on it, so that might be significant

shit this painting is 1 in a series of 14, and 1 in 14 of the numbers are prime

symbols at the bottom left are in the painting, circle at the bottom right isnt though

the writing on the bottom left T 536 seems to be from the original painting

classicalartsuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Francisco_de_Goya_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_1819-1823-573x1024.jpg

the little circle thing on the bottom right isnt though, its uroboros

pngall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ouroboros-Transparent.png

numbers could be pseudo RNG, maybe finding the seed is useful?

who are you?

its not a steghide message as the image is a png, as far i know steghide doesnt support png.

certain steg software does use png tho i believe

saturn / cronos has a whole load of links to the number 6 (big ol hebrew character in center of painting), so think along the lines of numerology and shit

this is literally called the 'red herring cipher' lmao

The sum of the numbers covered by the hebrew symbol is a six digit number that can be expressed as the product of two distinct primes (61 and 4363). The only other factors are 1 and the number itself. Interesting that a six digit number using digits less than or equal to 6 can be composed of two prime numbers using digits less than or equal to 6, and that the sum of digits in each of these factors is itself 6.

sum of numbers not covered can be expressed as the product of 3 distinct primes. digits of said sum add up to another prime (39). could all be coincidence but im guessing someone put some work into this

bump