If time travel is theoretically possible then how come up till today there haven't been a single case of people...

if time travel is theoretically possible then how come up till today there haven't been a single case of people visiting us from the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sazglACiZhI?t=17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Truly God has left our worldline.

if you could time travel, would you want to come back to the 21st century?

Because time travel isn't invented yet, duh

>if time travel is theoretically possible

Because it isn't. There is no consistent theory in physics that allows traveling into the past.

at least WWII is a big event, yet nobody has come.

>people willingly coming back to Drumpf's AmeriKKKa

I wanna fuck that bunny.

you guys seem to miss something essential: time travel is here. IN fact it has been here for a while. We travel at roughly 1 second per second.

Are there many scientists left on Veeky Forums these days??

A few possibilities there, 1 when you time travel, you end up in an alternate version of the same event making in theory a multiverse possibility.

2. Time travel has been invented but parameters have been put in place to restrict the use of said actions due to the ramifications.

3.This timeline doesn't exist or is outside of said timelines where time travel is already possible.

I think he means, returning to a version of the present that is no longer in a state of continuity.

A possibility would be that you can travel only to time after time travel invention (because needing a device at both time to be set up)

I said
>that allows traveling into the past.

Time travel is physically and mathmatically impossible.

Traveling faster than light doesn't let us go back to a previous state of the universe. Traveling to the future doesnt let us travel to what the universe would have evolved to had you not traveled.

>This timeline doesn't exist
wew lads

Actually, if you had memories of the event your traveling back to, could you really relive the same moment with prior knowledge? Wouldn't it just be an emulation of your past event? And if you traveled back to an event you weren't involved in, would it really be time travel with your existence being inserted where it was not originally?

>1 when you time travel, you end up in an alternate version of the same event making in theory a multiverse possibility.

Then where are the interdimensional travellers? Whether or not the time traveller himself ends up in his own past or in another dimension, WE should still be seeing them arriving, assuming the technology is possible.

>2. Time travel has been invented but parameters have been put in place to restrict the use of said actions due to the ramifications.

This seems more possible, but still it's hard to imagine what kind of system could be put in place to infallibly prevent time travellers exposing themselves. Remember, this system would have to be "good" for the whole of possible history, thousands of millions of years at least.

Can you really tell if this all exists or not? Can you actually tell the difference between existence and non existence? The only affirmation of your existence is your consciousness which you can't really verify anyways.

Omnipresent/ Omniconcious authority would most likely be able to prevent you from deviating from your specified timeline.

>mfw OP doesn't understand that Anzu is a future human that wants to enlighten us with pure beauty

baka

>Omnipresent/ Omniconcious authority would most likely be able to prevent you from deviating from your specified timeline.

So God? I wonder if Christcucks have ever used the "Argument from the lack of time travellers"?

That's one way to look at it though, if everyone were sensually linked to the point that you could view the perspectives of more than one person at once, it would be a play on hive minds in a manner that you could prevent anyone from acting outside of the parameters you set as law.

I guess it would be a good thing in that case that we are only allowed to the view the world from the one conscious we are born with.

Only within the span of its own existence, tho. Nothing to stop me going into hypersleep and waiting a few thousand million years until all life in the Universe is long dead, THEN travelling back to wherever I wanted to go.

Perhaps each time travel creates its own new universe. Before time travel there is only one, ours.

Would that just be time travel exclusively or would simply imagining a new possibility create that possibility?

Perhaps the most reasonably conclusion is that time travel isn't possible?

What if it becomes possible? Technically the only barrier to time travel is understanding time. From what we understand about it, our perception defines time. But if we don't know what our perception truly is, how can we expect to know what time is? What i'm saying is, if we don't know or understand ourselves, how can we expect to learn anything else. Our worlds stem from ourselves.

yeah but it doesn't exist yet, because you have to wait 1 second to travel 1 second. So it will be invented 1 second from now but not now

Actually that brings up an interesting question. If time travel was invented, would you truly be able to time travel to any time, or would you only be able to travel to points after time travel was invented or near the point of conception?

Because every time the technology is created, it gets instantaneously destroyed by its own use and we are none the wiser.

What if technology could not get destroyed by it's own use? Do certain effects have the same properties as technology or is technology just used to produce said effects?

>be me in year 2269
>travel back to 2017 to see The Trump in action
>take some pics and a vid
>k that's enough i'm going back to my time
>but wait
>maybe I'll try some disgusting old-world food
>go to the fabled "KFC" (I heard it goes out of business around this time)
>my digital money is no good here
>ask a person for money to buy some chicken
>tell him I'm from the future and my money is no good
>he just laughs at me and calls me crazy
>this sux.jpeg
>grab a menu as a souvenir
>I should probably do this in a bathroom stall or something. idgaf
>teleport back to 2269 via an app linked to my time machine on my neural implant

Here I go again haha

>be me
>busy day at the office
>decide to go to KFC for lunch
>in line to order
>some kid dressed like a bobsledder asks for money
>seriously?
>says hes from the future
>wtf
>kid grabs a menu and disappears
>literally just disappears
>holly shit
>everyone saw
>blog about it later that night (I only have like 3 followers anyway so whatever)
>eh, it would be a pretty boring story to tell in person

i am going to have a baby with anzu

or maybe a couple

Sauce on the girl ?

anzu

i think you guys are a bit too fixed on the idea of how time travel is done. instead of having the images of time machines like from Dr.Who or 'family guy' that encompasses and wraps a human sized area; maybe it can be just a small hand held device. i think the key components needed are just energy and speed. maybe the small device can be a one time use that emits energy to the user.

>girl

there no traps in turkey retard

>at least WWII is a big event
that's what you think

Because every time we go back in time, you retards either try to kill us, praise us as gods and ignore what we say, call us insane, or you don't believe the stories anymore a few years after they happen. The thing is, time travel already happens, but because it takes place in the past, it's already been recorded in your histories and you are all completely unaware of it.

>this is what he believes

anzu is a boy, get over it

you jerk off to a dude, with a dick, like think about that man... Just because his dick is feminine doesn't make it not gay

I actually hate anzu and her weeb fetishists

That doesn't prevent me from pointing out that turkey is not a developed degenerate society like the west.

>implying society dictates what every individual will think or do
Haha, I bet you also think the law is a magical force field that automatically prevents people from breaking it too. Guess what, no society has 100% of it's people acting in line with it, not even N.K.

youtu.be/sazglACiZhI?t=17s
Unless you have some contradictory proofs, let this put an end to it.

What about extraordinary people that are ahead of their time?

I don't care what Anzu is, it's cute and I want to fuck it.

Because time travel hasn't been invented yet. You can go back to the past but you can't come to the present from the future.

Bug off, schizo.

This is the best explanation.

In fact, I can't remember who it was, but someone was actually trying to develop some sort of machine to act as the starting point of such a time machine.

The stupid part is, you'd only know that it actually works the moment someone zaps through it from the future to greet you.

I remember similar, involving sending signals through twisted lasers. Of course, just signals isn't really traveling but it's something at least.