What is the best cooking oil in terms of health, price, and tastelessness...

What is the best cooking oil in terms of health, price, and tastelessness? I realized vegetable oil is actually just a euphemism for soybean oil so I'm looking for an alternative.

Other urls found in this thread:

centurylife.org/whats-the-healthiest-cooking-oil/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rapeseed (canola)

Canola - highest percentage of unsatuarated fats compared to satrated fats,good gigh smoke point.
Olive oil -less but still good ratio of unsat/sat fats.contains good antioxidants,destinctive flavour
Sunflower oil,also very high % of unsat fats,very suble non detctable flavour. Can have a smoke point as low as 180c.(bad)

Guiz im drink

Butter and Olive oil for sauces and taste
Canola or Sesame oil for cooking

olive oil is what you should be using most of the time

Does anyone know anything about grapeseed oil?
I was told that it's basically tasteless and generally fantastic but I'm skeptical

avocado, buy it in bulk

You use it for frying at very high temps.

Is there any benefit to using anything but 100% canola for frying and olive oil for sweating vegetables? Are the avocado/coconut/etc oils just a meme?

Grapeseed oil for general cooking (canola if you're poor) and olive oil for finishing oil when you want the taste.

>ctrl-f "peanut oil"
>0 results
fucking plebs
>best health/temp tolerance combo
>p neutral taste

Palm oil

do americans really use soap as cooking oil?

There's palm oil in some soaps, but I doubt they'd use soap as cooking oil.

Dove's the shit yuroboi.

centurylife.org/whats-the-healthiest-cooking-oil/
You want an oil whose fat ratio is lowest in saturated fat (self-explantory) and poly-unsaturated fat which breaks down and oxidizes at 350F or above forming aldehydes and peroxides, and highest in mono-unsaturated fat.
It should have a high smoke point and a neutral flavor to be the versatile in the kitchen. The one available that meets all of these conditions the best is cold-pressed avocado oil (500F smoke point) which is best to find in bulk online. Otherwise the best budget choice is canola oil (500F smoke point).

>canola oil (500F smoke point).
*400F

if vegans/vegetarians had any real ethics, this is the shit they'd be avoiding since it's basically modern day slavery and ruinous to the environment.

walnut or avocado

Isn't it in shit chocolate ?

Canola oil is baned in a lot of first world countries to use in food. That shit is only used by fat americans.

What's so bad about it?

If I look at avocado oil smoke points on google scholar I get numbers quite a bit lower. Some producers like Chosen Foods make some hard promises of smoke points, but I wouldn't trust just any brand (or batch) to have it.

High oleic canola (and sunflower) oil smoke points can be relied on more because of the massive commercial use.

It's in way more things than you think.

Yeah I've seen it first hand when I lived in Indonesia for 4 years

depends what cooking style your doing or even salads haha but canola is all-rounder

Peanut is best all-around oil.
>Highly polyunsaturated
>Low viscosity
>High smoke point
>Neutral flavor

Don't fall for the allergy meme. Peanut oil is highly refined and contains no allergens. Also, if you're allergic to legumes, you're literally sub-human.

I thought coconut oil was a meme but then I found out you can buy flavorless coconut oil so your food isn't coconut flavored

Not much really. Just an eternally asspained yuropoor

I don't understand the obsession with tastelessness.
If you are making pancakes, or baking a cake and the oil taint is what you're trying to avoid, then buy regular Crisco oil, it's a tasteless blend.

But the rest of the time? Use what oil matches your dish nicely. Why only have ONE oil and nothing else? Buy what you want to consume, in quantities that make sense for you and stop stressing. I use olive for most everything. I have a small bottle of avocado for salads too. Toasted sesame for dips and marinades for stir fry. If I was deep frying I might buy some peanut oil for the task.

It is a bit of a meme, but I cook with it nonetheless. Only the cold pressed oil has some taste to it, the regular doesn't. Often I'd like my oil to have some taste though (just not coconut), so I usually prefer olive oil or butter anyway.

No it isn't.

I use olive oil or coconut oil primarily.

Eh I like it coconut flavored. Still, I use it sparingly for cooking cause of all that saturated fat.
I mostly use it for my hair.