Post Veeky Forums feels

Post Veeky Forums feels

>when you can see you've passed the halfway point of a book and you know the ride will be coming to an end quicker than it took to get there.

>When you see you still have half the fucking book to read and you just want it to be over because every other book in your backlog starts to look more interesting and you wonder if you even enjoy reading as much as you think you do or if you just like the idea of reading.

t counter that feel

>when you find a book so engaging that it totally reaffirms your love of literature and you look forward every day to reading another chapter or two.

>when you finish the book anyway just to see how things turn out, and it ends up being a plodding anti-climactic pile of shit

>can't sleep
>4 in the morning and trying to decide if you want to read one more chapter
>all of a sudden light shines through my window

Bed time.

>pale fire

>go on an anonymous board and pretend you've read literary classics when really you've only read their wikipedia page

>wen you have absolutely no idea who you're quoting

>When you read classics in the south but you're surrounded by illiterate inbreeds.

>when a character representing an ideal is killed

>when you read a book from the library and it has been defaced

Lol, you read books just to complete them instead of having an interest in them or gaining pleasure from them?

What a loser!

Word.

> when you've been waiting for this feel for years and it never comes

What fucking books are you reading then?

>when you really want to reread a book but your backlog is too big for you to justify that

Fucking this. The last book I enjoyed was Dream Story which I read two-ish years ago and I'm pretty sure half the reason I liked it was because it was short enough to satisfy my pathetic attention span.

>when none of your friends are Veeky Forums so you can't talk to them about books you've read

>tfw finally understanding everything you read at the fully engaged level that the author would have wanted instead of scraping and clawing for the meaning and constantly worrying that it'll be years before you're not a dumbass
>tfw reading really dense difficult philosophy and correctly identifying every conceptual step and handhold offered by the author so that you proceed at a comfortable and fluid pace right through his argument in no time
>tfw reading an erudite show-off chapter in A Rebours that weaves six different intellectual and cultural themes together with a bunch of classical references and it just so happens that you get everything and there are no lacunae moments of "I know something is happening here but I'm not sure what"
>tfw years of being a pleb finally pay off

>scraping and clawing for the meaning and constantly worrying that it'll be years before you're not a dumbass

This is me right now. We're all gonna make it right?

If by make it you mean accept our shortcomings and appreciate literature for what it can offer us then no

>inserting amusing literary quotes or imitating an author's prose in your conversations with friends as jokes and they don't get it and act slightly withdrawn and defensive as if they're not quite sure if you're making fun of them or if they should have got it or something

>when someone says a book is hard and you read it and it's actually a pretty casual read

>get a library book
>first 3 pages are heavily underlined and no more

it makes sense that a fucking pleb who thinks underlining things is a helpful way of studying wouldnt get past page 3

there is no destination, there is only the way

IJ all the way!

feelings are for losers. fuck off to r9k you virgin autist loser frogman

>when everyone assumes that anyone who says they like a certain book must be pretending, but it's actually your favorite and wasn't actually all that difficult.