Are there truly people on Veeky Forums who aren't spending their Yuletide season snuggled into a leather chair...

Are there truly people on Veeky Forums who aren't spending their Yuletide season snuggled into a leather chair, reading the literary equivalent of stocking'd feet toasting by a fireplace sipping whiskey (Scotch, Amerilards)?

Even when there's combat in this book, it feels thrilling in a way similar to when my anime-esque girlfriend enters the room to kiss me on the forehead.

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

I got to the point in this book where there was no point in putting it down as everything was starting to wrap up, but then things in my life got a little weird and I haven't returned to finish it yet.

Pretty great for the most part and I'd say arguably better than V-2(Gravity's Rainbow, kek); however some of the stuff in M&D's later chapters, particularly about the periphery crew, is a bit lost on me

I'd love an audiobook version of m&d for long car rides through slow-falling snow.

>whiskey
>Scotch, Amerilards

If you spell whiskey with an 'e' you're probably American yourself and are pretending you aren't as part of your more-patrician-than-thou act. Not that that's anything new, but I'd hoped the pseudo-intellectual poseurs on this board would put a bit more effort into their shitposting.

Both of you put more effort

yeah I'm reading omensetters luck. I read that last year. great book. the Cape was hilarious.

Keep doing what you're doing my man. Made my night

It's pasta - good classic pasta

How any serious reader can get past the part with the talking dog I have no idea. Literally in the trash it goes.

Can you not into magical realism?

We know what scotch is you fedora-tipping dipshit

>heh, i only real super serious books with super serious things because im a super serious reader haeh

how any serious reader can get past the part where bloom takes a shit

I put aside childish things when I grew up

>posts on Veeky Forums

For some reason, this pasta never gets stale. Everytime I see it I read it through and have a good chuckle.

>tfw no snow

REEEE MY AESTHETIC IS BEING RUINED

>snuggle
>literary equivalent
>stocking'd
>'d
>toasting
>fireplace

i unironically hate everything you are and stand for. people who think the way you think and talk the way you talk (e.g. in every "comfy" thread) are genuinely lowering the quality of this board.

I want to fuck my cat

I like to imagine it being recited in a boxing ring by one of those ready to rumble announcers and the audience going nuts right as he starts saying 'huge..... Golden..... Gong!!!!!'