Does Veeky Forums buy physical books or go to the library? Or do you buy e-books or illegally download them?

Does Veeky Forums buy physical books or go to the library? Or do you buy e-books or illegally download them?

I'd prefer the first, but I don't have the physical space or money for all the books I want, so I usually just check out books from the library. Sometimes I illegally download pdfs of shorter, non-fiction stuff if the library doesn't have it.

Other urls found in this thread:

24grammata.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Nabokov-Pale-Fire-24grammata.com_.pdf
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=4088F52BB1F2E2A3C4832F0C249BCF3D
bookzz.org/s/?q= The Pale King&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I pretty much just make do with pdfs, if I can't find a book online I'll go to the library.

The only time I buy books is if they're in a different language and I can't find them online or in library, so I order them.

Or if it's a book I really love and have read many times and will read many times more.

What I think I ought to do aside, what I actually do is tend to buy aspirational books - thick novels and histories - and take books I'm ready to read immediately out of the library. So I've read a bunch of books, but all from the library, and I'm in my bedroom, lying on my bed, surrounded by great thick novels I haven't read.

I would use pdfs more, but it's difficult for me to read on screens. It hurts my eyes (though that's probably because I spend all day on Veeky Forums). Is the link in the sticky the best place to find of books?

The screen headache is definitely a thing but I have headaches all the time regardless so I don't really notice.

I don't know about the sticky but it is extremely easy to find pdfs, you just search 'book title pdf' on google and click on the first couple links

If you're reading mostly older books then basically everything is on Archive.org or Gutenberg or similar sites as their copyright is expired

Yeah. I'll try to do that more often, but I am also trying to cut off my screen time (including obsessive/addictive website usage and autistic daily online patterns) for physical and mental health reasons. Then again, my university library has a bunch of books available, so I might as well take advantage of that.

illegally, only gaylords buy books

I buy used books.

Is there a good site to get pdfs illegally? I struggle to find anything other than the most popular stuff online. I really want to read The Pale King but haven't found it anywhere yet. Peace and love

Internet addiction is a bitch, but unless you're at the point of no return, ie the equivalent of an alcoholic just needing to not drink anymore, then I think it's more a matter of using it for actually productive purposes. Which is funny to say here. But for example when you're reading something it is a lot easier to check references on the internet than in a library.

It depends on what you're reading obviously. If it's mostly fiction, than just having physical editions and immersing yourself in them is the way to go, but if it's of a more theoretical nature I find reading online can be very productive if you use google to research things you're not familiar with within the text, and of course keep a word document open for your reflections.

this. Pdfs are great for classic lit, but for newer stuff, it' not only hard to find pdfs online, but also copies in used bookstores.

That's a good idea, but yeah, I spent 95% of my time online unproductively, and 5% doing work or reading things that are interesting and insightful.

is this not it
24grammata.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Nabokov-Pale-Fire-24grammata.com_.pdf

Because if that is it, that is literally the first result for Pale Fire pdf on google, and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself
What are you interested in exactly?

Please ignore this post I am retarded and somehow transmuted your Pale King to Pale Fire

That is Pale Fire by Nabokov, sir. Not The Pale King by David Foster Wallace. I appreciate your efforts though

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=4088F52BB1F2E2A3C4832F0C249BCF3D

Also

bookzz.org/s/?q= The Pale King&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0

I buy physical books and regularly check books out of my school library.

I'm not a fan or reading e-books but I'm trying to do so more often to save $

>tfw 8 gbs left on my hd
I really need an external harddrive

Illegally downloaded ebooks all the way. How much of a fucking faggot do you have to be to buy physical books?

I mostly "illegally" download and read ebooks on my e-reader, but I buy physical copies when I plan on making lots of notes, or when I really like a specific book and want a physical copy to read various times.

Is it worth it to buy an e-reader if I plan to torrent most of my books now that the local library has shut down, or will just reading them on my laptop suffice?

Too much screen time is bad for your eyes though, no?

Yes, it is. Reading for too long on your laptop will give you headaches, and an e-reader can hold thousands of books at the same time.

Scanned PDF files are terrible to read, though. Reflow aids a bit, but its implementation is still precarious. The notes and marking functions are also bad.

And you can download almost every book you want from libgen or bookzz.

I work part time in a big UK bookstore chain and get a 50% discount so I usually buy my books. Otherwise I would download them.